***Official Wild 07-08 thread***

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX1, Sep 17, 2007.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, that time of the year again. Who has season tickets, and where are they?? Looks like they will do pretty good this season. They have a couple of guys that have a good upside to them if they can step up.

Section 111 row 7 (half a season)
    section 108 row 19 (half a season)

Also, if anyone is looking for any games let me know (and no, I am going to see sid the kid).

Russ

2. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

Section 208, Row 2. Full season.

Stopped by the hockey lodge at the X Friday to pick up my new Reebok jerseys. Damn they look hot!

3. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I'm up to ten games so far. mostly sec 124 row 25. I'm sooo happy I just picked some up for opening night.

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has season tickets. I am going to be at the first pre-season game. I am not sure the numbers. but i know the seats are lower level, corner (hockey lodge side), on the end we shoot at twice.

MY cousin works in ticket sales for the wild. so i will be trying to bum some tickets off of her occasionally throughout the season :)

5. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Go Wild!!!!

6. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

the best thing about football season, is that it means hockey season is about to start!!! :) Go Wild!!!

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Can't wait till tonight. Its been to long. of course, that will change about 3/4 of the way through the season. You can only eat so much xcel food before it make you cry.

Martin, might see ya tonight. We sit on the 1st and 3rd period attacking end. Are seats are right under the goal horns. Right where the isle stops in the corner, we are 2 rows in front of that.

Russ

8. Dynapar

^ cool. I am like 5 or 6 rows up from where the half row ends. however IIRC i am on the opposite side of the horn/lighthouse.

9. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

so tonight is there first game???

10. Dynapar

^ first pre-season game

11. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

I know I have tickets for the new years eve game vs the Sharks

12. Dynapar

Boo.. friend fell through. not going to be at the game tonight. He bailed on me and the tickets are not in a 30 mile radius of me :-(

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was looking for ya last night. Didn't miss much, our b team got smoked by their b team. Kinda nice to see Irmen out there. Bummer about Boggie getting a penalty every time he touches the ice. You know that the officials have it in for him when he doesn't really hit the guy and he gets a 5 min major for interfierence and a game misconduct. I think Boggie had 19 min of penalties in the first 15 min of the game.

Russ

14. Dynapar

^ GEEZ!. yeah it sucks i couldnt make it. I was looking forward to seeign some hockey. they thing that really sucks is that i had dibs on 2 sets of tickets. i thought i would only need 1, but i didnt plan on that falling through.

The refs have had it out for boogie for a while, all last season pretty much. the games were so much more fun to watch when boogie could play a few shifts w/ getting called for lame stuff. he makes it interesting out there. Like when he raced the goalie to the puck and ran him over (got a lame penalty for goal tender interference, even though the goaly was out by the blue line)

I will make sure to get down to some hockey games this season. they are too much fun to miss.

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump back to the top.

Season start on Thursday. Looks like they may do some damage this season. Thursday game should be a good one. They were pretty chipper with each other on Sunday (3 fighting major and 4-5 roughing penalties). Anyone else going to be there??

Russ

16. Dynapar

I will be watching on TV, but doubt i will be at the game.

17. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I'll be at the opener:yumyum: Sec124 Row23 Seats 15-16 feel free to throw someting at me. I will also be at saturdays game Sec115 Row26 Seats 11-12 once again feel free to throw something. GO WILD!!!

18. webcrawlr

I'll be at Alarys around 5ish and at the X around 7. Should be a good night!

19. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

2-0:banana:

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

3-0 :banana:

Russ

21. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Nichol-Back looks AWESOME!!! Two shutouts in 3 games!

I love the combination of lines... Some finesse mixed with some very hard workin players! Plus it seems we are actually winning faceoffs this year so far!

Bouchard - Bellanger - Rolston = Conehead line! (from "Miracle") ;)

22. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

watching the wild win, is better than a birthday...

23. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

4-0:banana: On the road shutout for Harding lets call it 5-0:banana:

24. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

8-4-2:banana:Figured I would bump this up since I am going to tonights game. Despite the losing streak we finally just ended the Wild are still first in the division and second in the west.

Woohoo another win lets make that 9-4-2.

25. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep, nice to see them pull it together again. Now if we can get the groin twins to start playing we might a good run. Nice to see everyone step up and get some goals when the groin twins are watching from the press box. Kinda glad they have the week off. I am almost burnt after this week. Every other day for a week and finish off the week with 3 games in 3 days.

Russ

26. Dynapar

Next week will be nuts.

The funny thing is that I called the exact game where Gaborik would pull his groin. I knew it would happen. Groinerik is cursed.

On the plus side it was fun watching Nummelin playing wing this game. He has some sweet skills with a stick, I hope to see him up there more often (2 assists!).

27. tmarc12366009

^^^ completely agree on Nummelin playing wing on line 3 or 4 since he has some of the best hands on the team! I understand why he plays D but he is too undersized and not physical enough...

When we get Sean Hill back we should consider Nummelin as a winger full-time!

Big ups to Radio and Velliux (how ever you spell it) for workin hard each and every night creating havoc!!!

28. Dynapar

Velliux has been 10x better this year than last. its great having him out there. Nummelin was throwing a few checks out there, agreed he doesnt have the size but he can still do a good job. I heard his first season in the NHL he was playing winger and didnt do so hot. but in switzerland or where ever he used to play he was a go to goal scorer.

we have a good team this year.

29. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

:banana:11-7-2 and first in the division Any lucky people going to tonights game? I'm not but do plan on parking my butt in front of the tv.

30. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Mmmmmmm, row seven......

Russ

31. Dynapar

understatement of the century.

lucky.

This is a MUST see game. I will be trying my hardest to be infront of a tv/any tv at 7:00pm. I am looking forward to seeing tha crazy combos lamier is playing tonight. I am perdicting seeing lots of Voros, Boogard, and Veliux.

Its gonna be nuts!

32. Dynapar

i missed the game! I had some car stuff i needed to get done before T-day so i didnt have a chance to see it. heard Voros got in a fight, and we stopped playing after it was 2-2

33. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

If anyone else is heading to the game tonight and hasn't left yet don't forget to bring something for toys for tots. should be a REALLY good game tonight!

34. 1_sic_rex

1_sic_rex Well-Known Member

very good game none the less.... Yes they needed boogaard but voros held his own

35. 1_sic_rex

Any one have a tickets for sale????

36. 1_sic_rex

I doubt it. They dont really have that many guys that wanna scrap. Foy and voros were looking for it all night.

37. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Fun game! Its true that having Boogard out there is fun and can help sometimes but, this team can win without him. Personally I would like to see a few more goals being scored.

38. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Vancouver doesn't have a big fighter, so to have Boogie on the bench isn't helpful.

Greatest part of Voros is his energy. He celebrates like it is his first goal ever. When he got the game winner, the Vancouver guy is sitting on top of him and he is trying to get up to celebrate. Funny stuff. Either way, good game, another win, top of the standings.

Russ

39. webcrawlr

Brown is Vancouver's muscle. He was on the ice a few times "chatting" with people. Most notably Voros after he worked over Cowan. That's about as close to a big fighter as they get.

...and Foy... not a fighter. Man he dropped fast.

40. tmarc12366009

shoot what's nice to see is the all hustle lines with all these injures!!!

line 3 - Radio, Moore, Vielliux
    line 4 - Foy, Shepherd, Voros

these guys have been grinding out a lot of good shifts... GOD, I love hockey!! :biggrin:

<<< ------ RUBE CRED... ;)

41. Dynapar

UGH! Couldnt even watch all of tonights game it was so bad. we are not consistant at all.

42. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

holy **** Gabby blew the f up!

43. tmarc12366009

Hopefully some others were watching that!!!! AMAZING! 5 goals tonight for Gaborik!!!! :eek4::eek3::eek4::eek3:

18 now on the year.... The arena sounded like it was ROCKING! Hockey town FTW!

44. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

5 goals and an assist. Pretty pissed I didnt go tonight lol!

45. tmarc12366009

^^^Woulda been a good game for sure! I was there Tuesday and that was a pretty good comeback, 3 unanswered goals in the third period to pull off he come back win 3-2!

20 and 12 now on the year... Lookin good lately... It will be a true test on Saturday when we take on the Red Wings (9-0-1 in their last 10 games)...

GO WILD!