***Official Wild 07-08 thread***

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX1, Sep 17, 2007.

1. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Boogaard scored!!! about time... its only been about 100 games ;)

edit:nvm. They gave it to Schultz.

2. Broc

Broc New Member

true but its kinda hard to score from the bench but its good to see him get one.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, got back late Sunday night. Kinda funny. So I am at the game and my phone just lights up with e-mails and text messages from everyone saying they saw me on TV. Too funny.

Trip was great. 50 STH's went. We were in the lower bowl along the upper edge. Its kinda like taget center, where you come in to the lower bowl and then there are seats about the entry into the rink. Wild had a NICE buffet in the Canucks pre-game dinner room. Kinda like the bufet they have in the club level before the game. Crazy amounts of food, and crazy dollar amounts charge for everything (and a crappy US dollar makes it worse). IIRC it was $35 CAD for 4 beers (10oz glasses). Before we headed out to the game, we were BS'n with Tom Reid about what was happening and he was telling us to watch out with the Nuks fans. They take their hockey seriously. VERY seriously. So after a couple of the horror stories about fans running the team bus off of the road during the 03 playoffs, we were all really starting to wonder what the hell we were getting into.:ugh: As we were wait for our bus, a bunch of the players were coming out of the hotel to get into the team bus and a few stopped by to say hi. Radio called a cab for the slovak mafia (BTW, Pavol rides bitch:laugh:) and the rest of the team took the bus. We had out dinner, watched the game and then during the 2nd intermission, We (GF and myself) went to pick up our prize hat (in rink spin the bottle contest) and then that when I got to meet a bunch of drunk nuks fans. Tom Reid was right. Between the boo's, the hissing, the verbal assaults (some in good fun, some a bit more serious) and the bottles flying at us:laugh:, we figured it was time to go back to our seats. After the game, and the win, we were on our way out and that was folled by a bunch more verbal assaults and bottle, but it was a good time. And onlt 20-25 of the 100+ people were serious:eek3:. It is definitely one of those things that would get out of hand VERY VERY fast if I was drunk and a mean drunk. I will definitly go back, but I definitely will not were my wild jersey unless I am with some friends.

I have some pics, but I didn't get a chance to upload them. I will get that done tonight and post up some pics.

Overall, Vancouver is sweet. It was so nice to be +50 degrees and see green grass, green trees and some sun. Who would have tought that you would have to go to vancouver to get away from the blizzard.

Russ

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Sounds like an.... interesting..... trip.

I saw the game last night. what a disaster. Edmonton is really playing run and gun hockey. I really hope we can beat them at home on wednesday. I wont be able to watch the game due to school. I heard that nummilen might be good enough to play on wednesday. it might help to let carney or hill have the night off and put in a faster D man.

5. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Update: Calgary won tonight already... 3-2 over the Canucks! We officially are out of 1st place again... :(

This final couple weeks should be like playoff hockey with the way all these teams are just bottled up within 4 or 5 points of each other... Edmonton is giving Colorado and Vancouver a run for their money on the final playoff spot!

Final 5 games include... Edmonton (83 pts); Calgary (90 pts); Vancouver (86 pts); and Colorado twice (86 pts)... YIKES!

6. Dynapar

Ia m scared about Calgary. We can beat edmonton, vancouver, and colorado. We have beaten them before. edmonton will be tough with the style of hockey they are playing but it is doable, and we have the home ice advantage. home ice + boogaard playing = loud crowd.

It seems that calgary is out weakness. they are a really good team (stupid Kipper) and our record against them is terrible. this season in calgary we are like 1-5-1 we are like 5-1-1 away with the other teams. I dont see us being able to retake 1st from the flames. hopefully we dont just fall apart on the home stretch (as it typical of MN sports)

7. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Anyone else make it to last nights game? It was soooo much fun. Its nice seeing the entire team getting involved with the game. I need to look for video of the scrap at the end. GO WILD!!!! Oh yeah I spotted Russ walking around the main level before the game too. Hey Russ anyword on playoff tickets yet?

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

watched it on tv - good game

9. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

Yup, I was there. One of the best non playoff games I've been to.

Playoff tickets are in the mail... most scheduled for delivery on Monday.

10. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Unfortunately nothing being sent to my house. So feel free to hook me up with tickets;) Actually I will be at these last two games so even if I don't get to check out a playoff game I still get to see the boys in action a couple more times before next year.

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Playoff tickets are in the mail. Supposed to be at the house on Monday. Hopefully this year, I will be able to use more than the first round tickets. Almost time to head over to the rink now.....

Russ

12. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

What, we win a division title and not even a post??

Russ

13. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

I love when Burnsie gets in fights, lol. The guy goes craaaaaaaaaaazy.

Also, I hope the a-hole Canucks have fun watching the playoffs. hahahahahaha!

14. webcrawlr

Peoples in line outside the X...

15. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

looks like it should be a great first round.

colorado can burn in hell!! cant wait to see boogaard on laperriere...he needs a beating

16. wall of tvs

this makes me lol and lol and lol and lol

17. webcrawlr

18. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

It's good to see that the games will be broadcast on local channels.

I am pumped for tomorrow's game. Is anyone here actually attending?

19. webcrawlr

Yup. I'll be at the block party before, game is at 8.

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep, same for me. Hopefully I will be out there around 5:30 or so.

Russ

21. Hallywood

Someone get me a rally rag tonight, please??

I wish I would have had $300 to spend on a ticket for tonight :roll: so I could get one myself.

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Just go down to the box office and get tickets. They just released about 200 of them. I got the e-mail about 30 minutes ago. And for $300, I hope you are sitting ON THE GLASS.

Russ

23. wall of tvs

No doubt. From what I've seen, lower (ie, like rows 5-15) corner & end tickets (my favorite places have been going for $150-$175 a pop.

24. Hallywood

Bah, I already have a small group coming over to watch at my place.

Have fun whoever is going, Avs are going down!

25. webcrawlr

26. wall of tvs

Yeah, most of the prices on the ticket exchange are usually quite a bit higher than what's on CL.

27. Dynapar

I heard that for playoffs the ticket prices straight up double.

I cant wait to see the game tonight. Its been too long since I have seen play off hockey, must finish homework early.....

28. webcrawlr

The first round doubles. By the time the cup gets here it quadruples.

Some are, yes. The advantage of using the exchange is you get to pick and you know your tickets are valid. Prices are going to be high everywhere... and people are paying it.

29. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

yes wild vs sakic and the avs!! whens the game 7:30?

30. Hallywood

8pm, 6 hours!

31. 9blackmax6

woo!! good because i get off at 9 which means ill be able to catch the last of the 2nd and all of the 3rd :rockwoot:

32. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Getting ready to head out for my first playoff game:woot:GO WILD!!!!

33. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

anyone have anyone back out on going? i live next door and might try rush....

34. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ticket prices did not double. They BARELY double for the cup round. Our seat are $71 normally and they are 85 first, 97 second, 125 third, and 160 for the cup. Most of the others follow the same pattern. Either way, I am off to go get another towel (so tired of the damn towels).

Russ

35. 1_sic_rex

1_sic_rex Well-Known Member

If you scalp or buy of ebay, they are above duoble.... Gotta the the playoff rag!!!! WILD FTW. Fook the flabalanche!

36. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Anyone else have really crappy reception? Charter and Channel 45 ftl.

37. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

backstorm is a wall

38. 9blackmax6

good game. too bad they lost. **** sakic

39. wall of tvs

**** skoula

40. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Well, you can't say we didn't have our chances.

41. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I wouldn't blame Skoula for that. I bet he logged close to 40 minutes of ice time. They played such a upbeat game that the guys were out of gas at the end. You could just see at the end of the 3rd that they were slowing down. I think the worst thing to happen was sitting down for the 15 minutes between the 3rd and the start of OT. Both side came out flat in OT and each hard their little bursts of energy. Good game either way. Sucked getting home at midnight and having to be up at 5am, but it is playoff hockey, so I will just have to deal. For a while there, Boogie had a regular shift and was playing pretty damn good. Bummer for Mark. He creamed to boards so hard. It has been a long time since I heard a hit that loud. its also not a goood sign when you have all 4 team docs on the ice and they are going through the "move your toes" routine. And Damn Wes making everyone (including himself) tear up doing the lets play hockey.

Russ

42. Hallywood

PMB played his typical game too, passing, trying to setup plays, then turn the puck over.

The guy needs to learn to SHOOT THE ****ING PUCK when he has an opportunity. He is so unsure of himself. There were at least 4 shooting chances that he passed up with a pass to Rolston or someone else.

43. wall of tvs

zomg I was screaming @ the tv last night for that same exact reason.

44. wall of tvs

Still though, like Russ said, the team overall played really well. Unfortunately, we just weren't getting the bounces to fall in our favor.

I was impressed with Sheppard's performance last night as well.

45. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i was pretty annoyed that there was ZERO update on parrish the entire game. anyone know whats the lastest update?