Ojibwe Forrest Rally News

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by android, Jun 11, 2004.

1. android

android Guest

Actually, I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything. There seems to be no word about it and it is not that far away timewise. I plan on going up again this year (maybe to camp) and am wondering if anyone else is heading up.

It is a great event and I'm sure it would do a bunch of good for you Street racers to have your heads straightened out by seeing the cars in their natural habitat doing what it is that they do best. I know I saw some of you last year at the Rallyfest in CockRing but you didn't have the balls to go all the way and experience the real thing.

Consider this a challenge. Be there or be square.

Ok, I'm just kidding. But the more the merrier and considering this is where all the MN Sube enthusiasts are supposed to be, this seems like a good place to start recruiting caravaners.

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Ahaha, I like how you put it... makes our cars sound like they are a breed of Pokemon or something... "seeing the cars in their natural habitat doing what it is that they do best"... Vic Ketchem to the rescue... PeekaBlue STi, I choose you!

Yes, if I'm able to get the time off work, I'd sure love to go and see some Subie in action as well as other cars.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

As far as I know it is still on. The local website doesn't get updated till that last minute (thats what happened last year). I already have my room set. I will be there, working like always.

Russ

4. android

android Guest

Right on. Let's try to get some more people to go and maybe meet for lunch or dinner. There are a few good places to eat in town. We usually stay Friday night. I'm not sure if they are racing Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday either way, me my girlfriend and our boy will be there.

The farmers field is one of the better meeting places as everything is centralized. Once they move on to the other stages though, its a scramble to get in position for good pictures. I'm really looking forward to it.

I suppose we will hear about the rallyfest soon too. Good times!

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Better get your rooms now if you want them, they go quick and are gone for miles around. I remember people couldn't even get rooms as far away as Walker and Park Rapids.

How does Thursday night for dinner or Friday at noon for lunch at the Peppercorn sound for the MN Subaru crowd?

6. android

android Guest

That sounds good for me. We might only make it for Friday lunch, but keep the schedule. Last year, we had two rooms at the Comfort Inn (the place to be) and ended up cancelling the second one a week before. Some lucky person got that second room. Anyway, they jack the prices up for rooms on that weekend. Its kind of a low tactic, but I guess what can you do?

7. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Actually the hotel prices for that time of the year are normally higher than other times of the year. Many of the places I've stayed at actually discounted the prices of their rooms during the rally because they know they're going to fill up.

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Here is some room info.

Comfort Inn
    218-444-7700

Don't say anything about the rally. We got our room for $79 a night. Last year we ended up in a smoking room, and only paid $50 a night. Call soon, the closer it gets that hard it will be to get a room. This is the Comfort inn that is about 100 feet away for the Norther Inn (rally hq).

Russ

9. android

android Guest

Thanks for posting the number. The Comfort Inn has a swimming pool and a hot tub, so don't miss your chance to get one of those rooms.

10. android

android Guest

Ok, we have official dates and I just wanted to bump this up so we can verify plans and hopefully meet up in Bemidji.

Rallyfest - August 14th (& 15th?)
    - Corcoran Lion's Park
    - 1-6 pm

OFR - August 27th & 28th
    - Bemidji area

BE THERE!

11. specialstage

specialstage Guest

12. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I'm glad your all going, please get lots of pictures and vid's so that those of us who can't make it will get to enjoy the event as well. I think this year you won't have to worry too much about the mosquitoes.

Enjoy,

C

13. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley
    PeekaBlue STi, I choose you!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL :D