Okay seriously. I need to race this season.

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Substeroo, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Give me a list of what I need to do for St. Cloud.

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

:D

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

Give me a list of what I need to do for St. Cloud.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Make sure you have the money for the fee, pass car inspection and a Snell 2000 helmet, simplist way I can put it :D

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

you can run for free! if you just volunteer to work there....

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

And make sure almost everything is out of your car interior and trunk. Some of the things tech looks for is loose stuff in the cab, tie-downs on your battery, leaking fluids, and bad wheel bearings.

6. Substeroo

I may have a leak...crap. I'll get that fixed. New wheel bearings though. I'll take my speakers and amp and spare tire out. I think my battery's tied down. I'll go buy a helmet at that bike shop off hwy 36 on Friday. I don't think I have time to work there, unless they mean just for that day? Either way, I don't care, I'll pay there fee. I need to race/run this season. Snell 2000 huh? Consider it done. the pavement will feel my wrath!!! Muhuhaha!!!}:)

7. Musashi

Watch out for the Lincoln Town car, its very fast :D;) I hope you can hang }:)

Dont worry we can help :p

8. Substeroo

Chong,

Thanks bro. What can you help with though, teaching me racing and stuff or fixing my leak??

I really don't know what it is that's leaking. It seems to be coming from the front of the engine like where the timing belt is. Is there a seal/gasket there?

I better get in touch with Todd soon.

Chat later thanks for the support/welcome!! :p:)

9. Musashi

first of all do you know what is leaking? Oil, Coolant, Power steering or water? Start there. :D

10. Substeroo

motor oil.

I am pretty sure.

11. Musashi

have you tasted it?

12. Substeroo

I haven't. I smelled it. Isn't antifreeze poisonous but sweet? I am almost positive it's motor oil. Same consistency, color, and smell.

13. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

Chong,

I really don't know what it is that's leaking. It seems to be coming from the front of the engine like where the timing belt is. Is there a seal/gasket there?

There is a front main seal there behind the main crank pulley and timing belt gear. Hard to tell tho untill you get all the crap out of the way and really look to see where the oil is coming from. If it's just a slight leak you might getaway with cleaning it before inspection and running for the day :)

14. Substeroo

Thanks for the info. I'll clean it and drive it to see what they'll see.

15. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

lol...just wait tell i take things out of my car.....gonna look like a waste land....

16. Substeroo

Yeah, I cleaned out the shaggin wagon the other day...MAN! I had so much crap in there. Alot of pop bottles and misc trash.

17. Musashi

Noah,

Thats 20whp :D and that another -2 seconds off your time; O yeah before I forget, at AARRF events you will be fined $5.00 per wheel dropping off the track, unless you wreck your car, so my advise is dont drive over your head or else you'll pay for it ;)

18. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

What Chong is saying... wreck the car so you don't have to pay the fine if you do go off track :D

19. Substeroo

No, I heard about that kid last year after I left; in the honda he crashed or something. I remember everyone talking about driving over your head. I don't know how fast you generally go on that track but, I doubt I'll be going that fast. Thanks for the advice though. It's nice to know you guys care. ;) :X

20. Musashi

Noah,

Dont get confused, its not about driving fast, its about driving stupid, and wreckless, thats when its costs ya, you can still drive fast, but just make sure you dont get too crazy. If you want when you get there you can find a good check ride driver with a qualified License to show you around, the best advised to to jump into a car with an experienced driver (Fuji)}:) and if possible someone who has a simular car to yours so you can get a good idea how your car will respond. ;):D:cool::p

Enjoy,

C

21. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

wait....forget about 1 wheel off or all 4....if you flip the car then there is no charge....lol....

22. Substeroo

Oh yeah. Fue. :D;)

23. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Fue. :D;)

fuji? :D

24. Musashi

Noah,

How is the car coming? are you ready for this event? Are you going to have someone come out with you to video tape your first Track event?

C

25. Substeroo

Man, all of these bills. I don't know if I can justify it to my wife. If I can sell my PS2 then I can buy a helmet. Then I think I can do it.

26. Musashi

Noah,

If it going to take that much work than, you better start donating blood. :D

If it means that much to you, come to the event and I'll let u use my helmet, I'll be there as a staff anyway, there are some loaner helmets there, besides I plan on just running one heat.

C

27. Substeroo

Dude, you RULE!

I am there.

Thanks bro!!:D

28. Musashi

:D

29. Substeroo

Two questions;

1. Can I volunteer and not pay the day of the race?
    2. What size helmet are you? I tried some on yesterday and I am Large.

30. Musashi

Noah,

You can volunteer, but you won't get to run, unless you wanna just ride with me on my free run. Newbies have to go thru check ride. I highly recommend paying for this event and running it, I may just do it if you dont, since were sharing my helmet, not that its a big deal. I really like this track and there is elevation changes on this track that makes it extremely fun. Dont worry I have a size large helmet.

C

31. Substeroo