Oktoberfest RallyCross discussion and smack talk thread

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Vector, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

same set of audis as the last two events.

Oh, one extra. Denny, who ran his 02 WRX at Dog daze, and blew the motor shortly thereafter, and then borrowed ArcticWolf's car at Harvest moon, will be there in his Audi, which is actually his rallycross car, but it's been down for a while.

And properly, it should be:

Zee Germans are coming!

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

hope they don't all break down in the same corner again.:biggrin:

3. carl

carl Well-Known Member

lmao! i think there are still more subies registered

4. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

have fun everyone!

5. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I love you Bill.

6. 02blubru

I love you to mr 505 posts

7. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Hope everyone had fun today!

Thanks for the food. Wish I'd gotten over in time to enjoy the cupcakes Emily brought, but I hear it was like a shark feeding frenzy when she got there.

I'm glad you got that tire sealed back up Dan. Thanks to Kyle and the other people who helped me with the tent at various points.

Listening to Kelly's turbo spool is fun.

Hitting a cone on a run you know will clinch the championship for you if you can just keep it decently quick and clean is not so much fun.

8. 02blubru

It was a blast. Thanks everyone for a great time.

9. Scuba Steve

It was a great time, thanks. Too bad some moron hit the cone near the finish and screwed it up for everyone else:mad:...:laugh::laugh:

What a NEWB!

flame suit on...sorry guys:biggrin:

Anyways, the food and donation program was a great success. Big thanks to everyone for throwing down some generous donations for Apple Tree Dental.

Thank you very much!!!

10. carl

carl Well-Known Member

great time even with some rainy weather early on. it was really awesome to see a strong mnsubaru turnout - not only drivers but others who came out to spectate/photog (thanks russ! expect to see some good pics from you!)

11. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

Hot carl got the last one. it was like shark feeding frenzy. thanks for the rides dave! had a blast!

12. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

This was a great event as usual. Thanks everyone that organized, and worked so hard.
    Also thank you to everyone that helped me reseat my tire. That's why I love MNSubaru and the rally community, everyone is there for you when you need a hand.

Thanks everyone that contributed to Apple Tree Dental. Hope you all enjoyed lunch.

13. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

14. Mike Wagner

Mike Wagner New Member

Based on the results it looks like the track must have been pretty soft, judging by the dominance by the 4 wheel drives.

15. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

wasnt last.. woot

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

So I have it hacked it down to about 700 pics to upload.:laugh: I have a few teasers to get link for tonight, and then start the smugmug/comcast hate.

Great Turnout. We are about to Donate $125 to Apple Tree. THANK YOU. Hopefully we will be able to do even better than that at the next one.

Russ

17. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Yeah, a lot of snad in the gravel and it dug down quick.

18. TSTRBOY2004

great job....

as stated in the caravan thread.. thanks to Amy and the crew... thoroughly enjoyed the day... am definitely gonna get into this next year.. if november wasnt so busy (baby coming, house getting finished and costing me so much damn $$$) I would try to get to the next one... but we will see...

I loved the atmosphere.. great FRIENDLY competition.. people willing to help others, working together to have a fun day.. this was FANTASTIC.. oh did I say I had a great day...

19. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

60 hot dogs sure went in a big hurry.

20. TSTRBOY2004

that was Bill... was worse after the hotdogs :ugh::ugh:

21. sniper1rfa

sniper1rfa New Member

Weeeeee

Was a good race. I was sad that amy wasn't running, though - i was excited to get my tenth back. ;)

Awesome event though - i saw a LOT of very smooth driving around the back half. Very fun to watch.

22. 02blubru

Thanks everyone who put this event together. and awesome work on the mone raised for the dental people.

23. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

yes it was a great event! thanks to everyone!

Dan and carl, it was fun having a couple people chase me, if i wouldn't have pulled that last run out of my ass, you two may have been ahead of me!

24. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Updated season points (unofficial) are up now.

http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/results.php

A few comments:

M2:
    Stupid me couldn't make my last run clean when I knew that was all I needed to do to beat Brent after his car broke, and to clinch the season championship. So this one goes to Cannon Falls for a Dirty Jack shootout. Guy looks like a lock for third.

M4:
    Mark clinched 1st after last event. Today Jim clinched 2nd. 3rd isn't a lock for Amy yet, but it's very close. A 3rd or better in Nov will do it, or lower depending on where Carl finishes. She'll be fresh from the really serious competition at Nationals too.

PA:
    Denny has clinched 1st, he doesn't even need his rallymaster points from the last event. Joel has clinched 2nd. Third is actually a battle now between Kyle and Hanz. The better result at Cannon Falls will take it.

SA:
    Kerry has clinched 1st, Kathy has clinched 2nd, and Ryan will take third if he runs the last event.

SF:
    Paul Peters has clinched 1st, Aaron Jongbloedt will take 2nd if he runs the last event. No third place qualifier currently.

SR:
    No qualifiers currently.

25. Rallygirl

Rallygirl New Member

Thanks everyone for coming and for the hot dogs good idea...I will have some pictures up within the week...I haven't even looked at them yet! Well I hope everyone had fun I know I did.

26. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf Well-Known Member

Dang it Mark, way to bait me into coming to the next one. :laugh:

Thank you all for the awesome weekend, had a great time. Particularly the campfire the night before, and bdubs aftewards.

I gave it away going up the hill on the last two sets. The times I got into the ... slightly less quiet ... pedal, were all the wrong times. I kept sliding wide going up the hill, right towards the outside cone sitting near the top of the crest. Usually had to tap the brakes or back off on the gas a bit, cost me time.

Other than that... I definitely think I'm getting more comfortable with the car, just need to remember to put my foot in it, or discover those other gears not labeled "1st." :laugh:

Also, I definitely need to get a cordless impact / jack / portable compressor or air tank, taking as long as I did to change the wheels in the morning while it was raining wasn't a lot of fun.

27. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Well I was disappointed I could not have gotten there much sooner, I had planned on being there no later than 11am, but after working all night and getting to bed by 8am I was lucky to get there by 2pm.

Yes I felt today there was a very strong support from the MNSubaru community and a few Nissan's too. LOL I had a lot of fun just hanging out with a bunch of friends. I also want to give recognition to the organizing staff and the participants for their continued support, its a joint effort on both parties in order to have a fun and successful event.

Also a shout out to mr. Carl it would seem to me and I'm sure others would agree that your talents are not only limited to photography. Thanks for offering me the opportunity to strap into your Rally STI, I really enjoyed it.

28. Scuba Steve

I have to give a special thanks to Mark (vector). The skid plates you made us saved my car yesterday. It definitely has battle scars now, but held up like a champ! Thanks!!!!

29. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

Thanks everyone for coming out to have some fun and to all those who helped me put together my first RallyCross. I apologize that the surface broke down as fast as it did. We've never run there and did not know how it would hold up. I don't think the rain helped. But having access to the huge garage sure helped.

Dave, don't feel bad about wrecking the original course layout. After watching the second car I knew it wouldn't last. It was just too slippery and too technical. Nice pre-emptive flame, that made me laugh.

Mark, thanks for the incredibly fast post of results. Having the computerized scoring sure makes life easier and definitely more fun to watch being able to see time instantly. Takes teasing to a whole new level.

See you all at Dirty Jack O Lantern. Wish us luck at LSPR and at National RallyCross Championships. We've got a busy 3 weeks coming at us!

Amy

30. sniper1rfa

sniper1rfa New Member

Don't listen to her.

:)

31. ScandiaWRX

Flatline missed another of the cones by a fraction of an inch on the run before Dave. So the original course only made two cars before being pulled.

Oh, wait... Flatline missed the cone so I guess it is Dave's fault. So, never mind.

Love ya any way Dave.

32. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

just because i was close doesnt mean i ruined it... DAVE was the one that ruined it! and i can tell you, everyone would have loved it! it was awesome but it definatly would not have lasted much longer lol.

33. Scuba Steve

LOL...Yeah, I figured I better post something about that before I got my ass handed to me by some smack talkers. It was very slippery though and to be honest, that corner spelled trouble. Sorry. As we know, I don't make a habit of hitting cones....;)

34. ScandiaWRX

I was eagerly awaiting Dan's "How ScubaSteve ruined RallyCross" thread.

Better to wait for one you actually deserve.

35. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I figured I would be nice to Dave. i razzed him enough at the event that he became violent. I don't think we want a repeat of that. Although he did ruin the rallyx. : )

36. Scuba Steve

Violence? Me:mad::mad::mad:???

Just cause I pulled the ole polish nipple twist on ya:laugh::laugh:

37. Scuba Steve

yeah, if I didn't ruin that corner someone would've..*cough* DAN...IIRC you DID hit a cone on as easy corner ;)

Now if I hit the timing equipment.....that would be another thing:eek4:

My car made too much powa around that corner. Once boost hit and the car started accelerating slideways I knew it was gonna be close....:eek3:

38. stick

stick New Member

I had a blast even with the broken car. Thanks to everyone who helped me out of the way!

The sound of Jims truck flying thru the gap was worth the price of admission!!

I think you subconsisly wanted the championship to come down to the last event like last year. ;)

You do realize that the goey foot isn't a toggle switch, right???!!! :biggrin:

39. Scuba Steve

Yeah, but the pressure was on. After all I was following Kevin. :cool:

:laugh: I also learned yesterday that my recent tune included launch control. I had NO clue until I was at the starting line and my rpm's were bouncing around the 4K mark. :eek3: Whoa, that really helps the launch!!!!

40. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

That was an awesome time guys!!! Thanks again for the hotdogs guys! I got back from Rochester last night and just passed out, Rally-x certainly beats you up.

Oh, thanks to everyone that helped me with zip-ties. I'm kinda pissed because my index finger hurts everytime I strike one of these keys, and therefor, I can't play any good vid-games :(.

But overall, my car is still alive (I haven't checked for oil leakage yet :ugh:) and it was a blast. Thanks again guys and I'm really looking forward to pics :)

Oh yeah, thanks Mark for letting me borrow your helmet :)

41. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

It was nice to see you make an event. The gc seemed to handle it well.

42. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

yeah, very surprisingly. I don't know how many I'm going to do, maybe one more. By the way, are you heading over to the aquarium today?

43. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Yes sir. 5:30 OK?

44. rallywife

rallywife New Member

Okay, here is another one:

busticated (example, Brent busticated the car at the RallyCross yesterday)

45. stick

stick New Member

Ya mean yesterday... :banghead: