Oktoberfest RallyCross discussion and smack talk thread

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Vector, Sep 8, 2008.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

so how would I sign up for this?? total cost as a non scca member for the 1 event...

my wife has pretty much given my a semi-thumbs up... will there be a place for a 4yr and 3yr old to play out of the way safely...

what would the day typically cost... just need an idea... then I can make sure I give a thumbs up...

I have my stock tires that came with my car so I could run them too... but they suck.. but so would I then../anyways...

This is the one style of racing I want to do besides drag (not as much anymore) and a circuit like Brainerd.. this style my wife is semi ok with cause I always go play in the fields after the rain and stuff out at her parents...

I am over at teh scca site looking for more info... but I wanna get on the list.. ha ha I know NOTHING about what category (I am sure M4) as I have basically a stage 2.. no cats, upgraded rear brakes.. other thent hat I am stock ;)

2. TSTRBOY2004

also if I prepay and something comes up.. how does that work??? being a sunday other then Church there is nothing usually that we do

3. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

You sign up by clicking on the pre-registration link off of http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/schedule.php

$40 entry fee + $15 weekend SCCA membership = $55

The little ones are welcome, as long as there is someone to keep them out of harms way (and away from the course). Stick and Rallywife often have their 2 & 4 yr olds (I think I'm missing a birthday on those ages?), and I've brought out my little guy who was 2 at the time.

The remainder of the cost is your gas to get where you're going and whatever you spend for food for you and your family.

Depending on what they are, they might suck less than what you've got. 30 series tires aren't known for their open tread patterns . . .

If you've taken out the cats, you're M4. Done.

4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

You can get credit towards a later event (in the same season, so the Nov event would be the only option this year), or you can get a refund, check via mail, with a fee ($5 iirc) to cover the fees and mailing cost incurred to the club.

You don't need to rush to register if you're not certain you can attend.

5. TSTRBOY2004

thanks.. clicking paypal payment now.. was just waiting before hitting SOLD to hear.. ha hah also wasnt sure what numbers were available.. so I put either 10 or 777

stock tires are geolanders... the suxor.. but yeah they may be better then the generals that I run on my 19's.. I know they suck on gravel roads when going fst around corners.. (can you say skating on marbles) but in the mud and field they have served me well... ha haha

man I am getting excited and real nervous now I actually committed.. ha hah a proof how bad I suck at driving will be evident now... look out ylime your last spot is in my sights ;)

6. TSTRBOY2004

being a sunday event.. I am 98% sure I am there ;)

7. carl

carl Well-Known Member

you go to the scca lol website to register. there is probably a link to it on the OP here. you have no cat, you are in M4

as far as cost. $55 for a non member ($40 + $15 one day membership). your one day membership can be applied towards a full membership if you so choose. otherwise lunch and gas are your only other expenses (unless you break something).
    apply it toward the next event or you can possibly get refunded

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

dammit, started to respond... went off to make my lunch and mark already had it done lol

9. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Nate, are you doing it for sure??? I just orderd my struts and am working with CRV to get my AGX's warrantied.

I really want to do this one too. Let me know.

10. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I dont know I am pretty good at last...gonna take a lot to beat me!. I easily beat dave..but I was getting better :eek4: all my times got better as the day went on..but its all about having fun... you would not believe how nervous I was but the minuet I got out there it flew out the window.

11. TSTRBOY2004

signed up mate.. paid and everything.. ha ha

my wife says.. hmm so I guess your suspension will really be bad after this then huh... I said well its bad now (;)) so why not...

12. 02blubru

I will have my new struts in by then. I don't know if I would want to race with my current struts...

If I don't race I will for sure ride with you and take some pics of the members!!! If I am racing maybe one of my buddies could come take some pics concentrating on us.

13. TSTRBOY2004

:eek3::ugh::biggrin::laugh::yumyum:

14. 02blubru

your sick nate, but thats why I <3 you

15. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

It's about time. I've been trying to get you out there for a while. I can't wait to see how the toaster does.

16. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Bill, i should have some extra suspension stuff, what do you need? We might be able to set you up with some crappy, yet good enough stuff for the event..then you don't have to ruin your new suspension.

17. TSTRBOY2004

the toaster will do fine... but I probably will suck.. hence she will be let down

18. TSTRBOY2004

WTH.. isnt that the point of putting good stuff on.. to use it???!!:biggrin:

oh bill throw in my forester stuff.. that will get you some clearance

19. 02blubru

Maybe I will just run my current struts then.... but...

I have to agree with nate. new = good and should be used.

forester suspension... hmmmm.... if you still had minekie so we could aline it with the forester suspension and then align it with my stock set up again I would

20. TSTRBOY2004

h ha ha ha... meh... just do it.. Karen has forgotten about my stock stuff.. I am waiting that every time I talk about new stuff she is going to ask... she asked me how much I need to 'replace' (I say upgrade) my suspension.. I told her around $800??? ha ha what is sad is i can kinda do stuff like that but if I ask to spend $1000 on turbo upgrades... NO WAY.. ha ha

21. Scuba Steve

^^ yeah, i was just saying old is fine...i broke a front strut sunday. hate to see you break a brand new one

22. 02blubru

they will have warranty... plus it will tell me if they are any good or not

23. TSTRBOY2004

WARRANTY!!! ;)

wow must have been a HUGE come you hit!!!

24. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

RallyCross isn't going to ruin your struts. It may put a little more wear on them quicker than driving around. Unless, like me, you live in Minneapolis, and then it's probably easier on them.

I ran 60k miles on my stock WRX struts, including an indeterminate, but very large, number of rally stage miles, and two full seasons of rallycross. They were just fine still when I sold the car.

If your struts are about to go anyhow, then yeah, a good bump on the course might blow one, but it would have gone sooner than later anyhow.

25. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

if i had other wheels i'd be all over this!!

26. Scuba Steve

good, go for it then:)

27. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

just get winters on there and do it! so worth it.

28. Scuba Steve

Yeah, i specifically put my old ones back in before the event. they have like 80k on them...and i think the key hole killed it

29. 02blubru

I just have to convince beth I can race. she is okay with the idea, she just wanted to be at my first one and she works that weekend. so... she might be sick that sunday... lol

30. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

cough cough i think i am feeling sick that weekend i may have to come over and give it to beth LOL.

31. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

That sucks. Now I have to come over and change out your struts again.;)

I have 60k on mine, multiple rally crosses, and quite a rally stage miles and they seem OK but I think they will be ready to go this winter.

32. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

how long can I wait to register. I'm raising my hand......but I'm always nervous about putting down $$$ for an event a head of time. I always have bad luck with mechanical failure when I do that.

and I already have blown rear shock! w00t!

33. wrexinator03

i would but i haz no other wheels!!!!!! just t3h 18's yo

34. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

borrow someones...or find a cheap set...u know you want to.

35. wrexinator03

hahahahahaha im broke as hell lol if someone would borrow me some i'd be all over it lol but oh wells i'll be up in duluth maybe still anyways..

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I think I am in again and this time I might just bring out the grill and make some lunch. As the date gets closer I will be able to confirm the grill part.

Russ

37. carl

carl Well-Known Member

no need to preregister. you can just show up and register/pay there. however, I highly recommend everyone to preregister/pay if possible - it makes everything much easier for the organizers

38. Scuba Steve

yes dan, please do. you did a fine job for a first timer!!

on a side note. we should have a party at my house that saturday afternoon/evening. everyone chips in and helps with each others cars (if anything is needed) and have a few beers. We can grill too!:yumyum:

Are there any rules against wearing a helmet camera? Or can I secure one to the inside of the car?

39. TSTRBOY2004

one day closer

40. carl

carl Well-Known Member

sounds like a good idea!

41. TSTRBOY2004

this...

also perfect timing.. I just bought a 1/2in IR battery impact the other week... so changing wheel will be a charm..

may even tow the trailer to the event with my grill and jack etc...

you can see the grill off to the side of the pic...
    View attachment 12536

42. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Prep party sound great! I'll give you a hand with struts if you haven't finished already.

I don't know about a helmet cam but you can mount a camera in the car.

43. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf Well-Known Member

I have a spare set of stock 2.5i 16's with RE92's on 'em currently, could run those. ;)

I have seen pics of them clearing 4pots, im not sure about the older style caliper and the larger rotor, though.

44. carl

carl Well-Known Member

all wrx's use the same size front rotor

45. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf Well-Known Member

What I meant was, I have the 03-05 WRX caliper, but a 276mm (rather than 294, like the WRX) rotor. I'm not sure if the bigger rotor clears, because I haven't seen anyone try it.