Open Lapping @ MAM Sept 25

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hope we can make this happen-I have confirmation from the track that the 25th is a go. We need a minimum of 20 cars@$100 each, or 15@$140 etc.

Open lapping at MAM 9/25/04!

The Cedar Rapids Sports Car Club is sponsoring a track date at the Mid-America Motorplex road course in Council Bluffs for a day of performance driving. Cost to participate is only $100-125 for the day, and to register, you need to call Natha with MAM at 402-306-5017.

Track info is at http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/

Event Listing: Saturday, 9/25, 2004

9:00AM - 5:00PM Bunting Play Day Contact Natha for registration at 402-306-5017 to register

This is a lightly organized function; however there will be people available to ride with you if you aren’t comfortable by yourself. You will be placed in a group with similar cars and drivers.

Please note: this is not a race and passing is only allowed when signaled by the front driver.

1. Your car must be in good condition – fresh brake fluid, good brake pads and rotors, good tires and suspension, etc.
    2. Convertibles should have either a hardtop in place or a roll bar.
    3. Driver must wear a Snell rated helmet.
    4. A fire extinguisher must be mounted within reach of the driver.

For questions, email Brian Bunting, the event's organizer, at [email protected]

Group is staying at Settle Inn Council Bluffs, IA www.settleinn.com Mention MAM and the rate should be $62.00 Motel 6 is down the street for $55, or you can camp for free at the track.

Welcome dinner and reception at Applebee’s across from the hotel at 6 PM September 24.
    Schedule:

Gates open at 7 AM
    Check in at the gate-you must have a wristband to get on track
    Drivers meeting from 8:30 to 8:50 AM-We will run 20-minute sessions

A Group out first starting at 9 AM
    B Group out at 9:20 AM
    Lunch at 12:00 PM
    B Group out at 12:30 PM
    Last car off track at 5 PM

[​IMG]

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I guess none of us qualify for this:

4. A fire extinguisher must be mounted within reach of the driver.

3. Musashi

go get one from Walmart and start mounting it, I prefer under the drivers seat. :D

4. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Ive had the fire extinguisher thing covered for a long time. Im ready!! Hopefully we can get enough people out there. I really want to hit that track! Matt You up for it??!!??

Dave:cool:

5. Musashi

This is really cheap for the amount of seat time you get. Its probably one of the best tracks you'll ever run on. It also has some really nice run off's for those power drifters. Lets get lots of Scoobies together and we can all camp at the track.

I know that Ob1 has been dying to get out to a track event now that his car is ready to go. And Vic is burning after this weekend at BIR. Now how about John B, Fuji Fast, Mr. F, Lee, Russ, Noah and any other hardcore drivers who want to get some track action before the season turn's cold better step it up.

Come and get some!

C :p

6. igofast

igofast New Member

I've also heard that this track is phenominal. No worries about berms or anything going off of the track, just a bunch of sand/dirt.

When is the drop dead date for signup?

7. Musashi

I'm not sure John, but you may want to call the contact person. I got this from another forum, call it an invite. :D

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Seriously thinking about it. Who else is going to go?

9. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Wow. Mid-America! I think that $100 is nothing for that track. I really want to go. If I don't work I'm there. Just gotta talk to the misses now. :) Thanks Chong! We really need to get everyone out there!!!

10. yosmiley

I'm going for sure if folks from here or other board that I'm associated with are attending... that way I don't feel so left out not knowing anyone there. Matt, John, Noah, Chong... Hello?

This is my plan... Since the event takes place on a Saturday. I'll leave afterwork and get a hotel for the night when I get there. Saturday morning hit the track and by days end, if I'm poof, I'll stay another night... if not, I'll drive back depending on the caravan I'm with.

For me, any seat time is a good time. Besides, I'll need all the time I can get on the track to be smoother and smarter with my car control.

11. Musashi

atta boy! :D

12. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmm

13. Scooby02

Well You can count me in!! -> Dave-> (the guy noone ever see's.)

If we need to get more people to get a better deal I have 3 BMW guys that would be happy to come too if we need more people.. Not sure if this is a subaru specific event.

Matt come-on GOOOOO!!!!

I've also really been waiting for a mid america event, and now that my car is ready its time.

Also I have talked to people that have run here before and the runoffs are excellent. Its all flat and nothing to hit or damage your car. A very nice and impressive track!!

Hopefully we can get a bunch of subi guys to go and hopefully noone backs out at the last minute.

Later

14. yosmiley

Dave, sounds like a plan!

This isn't even a Subie event so invite all your buddies. It's an event someone else is putting together. I've emailed Brian Bunting who's organizing this event for more details.

So far Dave and myself are in... anyone else?

Update: this is Brian's reply back: unedited

Vic-
    Yes, the event is open to all cars, and you don't have to be a member.

Just call the track and sign up-that easy. 888-436-RACE

BTW-what are you driving?

Here's my reply:
    Brian,

Thanks for the info. I’ll pass that along to the rest of the guys who plan to attend the event. I’ll be driving my Subaru so it’ll be awesome to see a variety of cars out on the track. From the MN Subaru club (www.mnsubaru.com) I’m associated with, we may have another 4 to 5 Subaru join the event as well. There will be a wider variety of cars coming from the AARRF (www.aarrf.come) group.

Thanks again for the info and see ya there Brian,

Vic

15. bikerboy

I am trying to go. I have to find someone to watch the dog, that is my only issue.

Dave, do you still have that trailer?

16. Musashi

did someone say they needed a doggy pound :D

Isn't there place's you can drop him off for a night, bro?

17. Scooby02

Matt, Ofcourse I still Have the trailer. I will be trailering my car down incase the lovely stock 5mt decides to take a crap on me while pounding on it at the track.
    Also my car isnt very fun to drive long distances with the stiff suspension. Makes me sick. But awsome track car!

Anyway all my questions have been answered so far. I will let others know about it as well.

18. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

did someone say they needed a doggy pound :D

Isn't there place's you can drop him off for a night, bro?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am talking to some of my girl freinds and see if they can help me out.

19. Musashi

Cool, Doggy resort. aarrf aarrf :D

20. Musashi

Dave,

Go prepared bring your BIG GUN'S and expect to have lots of fun.

Viper City.

C

21. Scooby02

I will be going prepared. I will give it my all!! I dont care if the tranny goes, its a long winter ahead of us and the tranny eventually has to go, so I can get my monster tranny rebuild going!!! Not your average rebuild either.

Anyway, Matt talk to some of your women and see if they can help me out too!;) You know what I'm Talking about.

Matt I hope you go, I need a fast driver to follow like I did at ARRFF last year. Vic I'd say the same about you but I've never run with you yet, But from what I hear your good too! I've got the car ready for the track now the driver just needs to get to the same level.

I cant wait for this event, It will be fun! I hope it doesnt rain that weekend.

One more thing. Since I do graphics and stuff I will offer a nice deal to MN Subaru guys for door magnets with numbers and license plate blanks with numbers and if you want them both I will give you a really good deal. I will post pics of my car with these on it. I ran with these magnets on my car at ARRFF last year at 100+MPH and the magnets stayed on, so no worries there.

Later
    Dave

22. Substeroo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Scooby02

I will be going prepared. I will give it my all!! I dont care if the tranny goes, its a long winter ahead of us and the tranny eventually has to go, so I can get my monster tranny rebuild going!!! Not your average rebuild either.

Anyway, Matt talk to some of your women and see if they can help me out too!;) You know what I'm Talking about.

Matt I hope you go, I need a fast driver to follow like I did at ARRFF last year. Vic I'd say the same about you but I've never run with you yet, But from what I hear your good too! I've got the car ready for the track now the driver just needs to get to the same level.

I cant wait for this event, It will be fun! I hope it doesnt rain that weekend.

One more thing. Since I do graphics and stuff I will offer a nice deal to MN Subaru guys for door magnets with numbers and license plate blanks with numbers and if you want them both I will give you a really good deal. I will post pics of my car with these on it. I ran with these magnets on my car at ARRFF last year at 100+MPH and the magnets stayed on, so no worries there.

Later
    Dave

Shucks I just finished my door magnets. But those license plate blanks would be neat. ;)

23. Scooby02

Here is my Pricing for MN subaru guys on the Magnets and License plate numbers for the Track.

Normal Price is
    $40 Magnet pair
    $20 License plate pair.
    $55 Package

<u>MN Subaru Price</u>
    $30 Magnet Pair
    $15 License Plate Pair
    $40 Package

Number Colors Your Choice!

<u>License Plate colors</u>
    White
    Royal Blue
    Col. Blue
    Black
    Grey
    Green
    Yellow
    Orange
    Maroon
    Red

<u>Magnet colors 12" X 24"</u>
    Glossy White
    Matte White
    Green
    Red
    Orange
    Yellow
    Blue
    Black

24. Substeroo

Well, so far Dania is cool with me going. *Fingers crossed* ;):D All I need now is a fire extinguisher! Oh, and maybe some SS brake lines, and slotted/cryo'd rotors! :p Soon Mr. Bigglesworth...we will rule the world!!! Muhahahaha!

25. bikerboy

Hum, got the ex to watch the dog and I got friday off. Guess i am running out of excuses.

26. Musashi

OB1,

What about the one where you were to scared to go, becuz you didn't want me beating you with a stock STI at MAM.

C ;):p

27. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

OB1,

What about the one where you were to scared to go, becuz you didn't want me beating you with a stock STI at MAM.

Bring it with your bad self!

28. Substeroo

OB1,

What about the one where you were to scared to go, becuz you didn't want <font color="red">me beating you with a stock STI</font id="red"> at MAM.

Who's?

I don't work that weekend or that Friday. Things are looking good so far!:D

29. bikerboy

vic's

30. Substeroo

31. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

vic's

Matt, I'm just learning from you, no competition here man. You'll walk all over me on the track.

So far... if I'm correct... those who are attending is John, Dave, Matt and myself anyone else?

This should be fun... I get to learn from the top dogg of the crew.

I'll come back wiser I hope.

32. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

OB1,

What about the one where you were to scared to go, becuz you didn't want <font color="red">me beating you with a stock STI</font id="red"> at MAM.

Who's?

I think Chong's trying to get his Brother In-law Lengs STi for that day. Now that would be awesome!

33. bikerboy

Chilang is not Chongs brother? wait a minute whos telling the truth?

:(!

34. Scooby02

Matt Im glad you can join us. It will be nice to have somone fast to follow. It will be a good time!

Dave

35. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Chilang is not Chongs brother? wait a minute whos telling the truth?

:(!

Stay tuned! ;) }:)

36. Musashi

[​IMG]

37. igofast

igofast New Member

Has anyone registered yet? I tried calling Natha at both her cell phone and the track but have not had any luck in contacting her. Noone wants to take my money. Boohoo.

38. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by igofast

Has anyone registered yet? I tried calling Natha at both her cell phone and the track but have not had any luck in contacting her. Noone wants to take my money. Boohoo.

John, I've been having problem getting a hold of anyone also :(

39. Scooby02

Please keep us updated on your luck with trying to contact anyone. I havent registered as well.

Always thought the track kinda looks like Road America in some ways.

Dave

40. igofast

igofast New Member

Alrighty, just got this:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    We tried calling him back today for his registration information. No message was left. We will try again. Delay in setting up the from to take the information. Please have people call me, the track, or email me for registration.

we need the following:

Name
    Address
    City, State, Zip
    Phone Number
    Credit card (master card or visa)
    Expiration

Instructor? yes/ no $100 for the day
    Students may share cost

Instructors are limited.
    we need advance notice.

If you would like to send this info out in another email this could be a good way to register directly with me.

Girls in the office are now up to speed with this registration process! My apologies!

Thanks! Natha

402-306-5017 cell
    712-622-8122 track
    [email protected]

I also got a call back from Candice at the track. I'll hopefully be all set tomorrow.

41. Musashi

Alright I just got off the phone with Lang, he has commited.

Is there anyone else who would like to go. Raise your hand.......NOW! Otherwise your gonna miss out on this season's biggest event. :D

Next Season will be a different story. Hint: its in WI.

42. bikerboy

so then its

John
    Vic
    Dave
    lang & Chong together
    me

who else? anyone Bueller

43. Substeroo

I'm in, I just got paid. I'll call her today. How much will it be??? If we only have 7, I think it will be up there.

44. igofast

igofast New Member

This won't be a MN Subaru only event. I know that the organizer(Brain Bunting from the first page) will be there and Damian in his bad ass ride(see DCTC 31st pics) I am told will also be attending. The organizer has also posted on a number of Vette lists.

Additionally, MAM has posted on their website that it will be $100.

45. Substeroo

Duh. I knew that too. I must be out of it this AM. Thanks.