Open Lapping @ MAM Sept 25

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hey the more the marrier, big your BIGG gun's and lets taken' down! Lets go show these boyz what Subaru's are all about! No Sweat! }:):p

2. igofast

igofast New Member

I'm all signed up. My plan will be to go down Friday afternoon and set up camp at the track. Hopefully, I'll make it to Applebee's at 6 for the shindig there. I'm also planning on staying Sat night and coming back Sunday.

FYI, gas is available on site. They have 94 and 100 octane unleaded, and 110 leaded. They only have pay at the pump so bring your CC. Last time I was at BIR, I got 7 mpg on the track. :eek:

3. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I got my white fire extinguisher yesterday at Menards. Under $10! Pretty cool. I haven't signed up yet but I will as soon as I have the money. I am <u>definitely</u> going. I am prepping the car with some mods all ready. So, who is camping and who is doing the motel thing? Also, when are people going to head out and will we travel in a group?

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

So far attendance are:

Matt
    Dave
    John
    Chong
    Leng
    Noah
    Aaron
    Vic

I can't get Friday off so I'll be at work until 5PM. I know I won't be able to hit the road until late 6PM or 7PM.

Anyone else coming?

5. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Im doing the hotel thing. I was thinking of leaving late morning or mid afternoon to get down there early enought to see where everything is. Not sure when everyone else plans on leaving. I know Vic you said you were leaving later.
    Dave

6. Substeroo

Probably early/mid-afternoon for me that day and I am willing to go in a group.

7. igofast

igofast New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

Probably early/mid-afternoon for me that day and I am willing to go in a group.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Same here.

8. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i can't make it.:(
    we are going on a cruise the week after, and i've blown all my slush fundage....

9. Substeroo

Oh dear, I thought this was Road America in Wisconsin for some reason. It's in the middle of freakin' IOWA! Ha! silly me. So yahoo maps says it takes 7 hours and 49 minutes to travel the 385.5 miles from the twin cities. I sincerely doubt that I will be traveling at the posted speed limits and so I'm guessing more like around 7 hours factoring in stops. If there's a meeting or dinner thing at six I/we would have to head out around 10:30-11:00 eh? As you can tell, I'm pretty pumped for this as I am post whoring up a storm. :I

10. Musashi

You'll be alright, and it will be glad you made the trip. Its a very technical track and for novice it will be a real challenge or a treat. :D

11. Musashi

Brian just got off the phone with MAM, they currently only have 6 drivers registered. Lets get this show on the road and start registering. ;)

12. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I called and nobody called me back :(!

We need to make this happen! I need to shut Chong up once and for all!

13. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

We need to make this happen! I need to shut Chong up once and for all!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

:p

14. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboyWe need to make this happen! I need to shut Chong up once and for all!

The teacher is going to be overtaken by the student!

This is where Anakin joins the Dark Forces and defeats his Jedi Master. Matt is not much of a Jedi master, more like a Sheep herder, but I still call him OB1.

15. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboyWe need to make this happen! I need to shut Chong up once and for all!

The teacher is going to be overtaken by the student!

This is where Anakin joins the Dark Forces and defeats his Jedi Master. Matt is not much of a Jedi master, more like a Sheep herder, but I still call him OB1.

heard sheep? LOL why are you not eating your grass? Shut up and eat! Because you know you will be eating something when we are done at the track?

Care to have a friendly wager?

16. Musashi

I dont think its in the best interest for Vic, since I'll be using his car to kick your gray butt. Besides I really dont have much to lose if I lose to a more experienced driver. But on the other hand if the gray one lose's to a less experienced driver thats a whole nother story.

17. bikerboy

BLAH BLAH BLAH no soup for you!

18. Musashi

DOPE! :D

I won't be rude, I'll share mine with ya! lol

19. Musashi

I curious as to what makes you think your gonna win? A head start for senior citizens? :D

20. bikerboy

Finally, I got registered :D

21. Musashi

Good News for novice drivers, I just spoke with Natha she said they currently have two instructors scheduled for the 25th and could possibly have more, but they will need to know in advance. The cost for an instructor is $100 for the day and novice drivers can share the cost.

Example: You basically could have four novice drivers each pay $100 for track time and share the cost of an instructor at $25 each or so depending on how many drivers are interested.

Natha just said there was at least 6 drivers who just registered today.

22. Substeroo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Good News for novice drivers, I just spoke with Natha she said they currently have two instructors scheduled for the 25th and could possibly have more, but they will need to know in advance. The cost for an instructor is $100 for the day and novice drivers can share the cost.

Example: You basically could have four novice drivers each pay $100 for track time and share the cost of an instructor at $25 each or so depending on how many drivers are interested.

Natha just said there was at least 6 drivers who just registered today.

I'm in. Vic? Anyone?

23. Substeroo

I talked to Mark of Frozen Rotors and he has been to that track. He said it took him around 5 hours to get down there. I am going to give myself 6 hours. Now, I plan on leaving around noon.

24. Musashi

Noah,

I think by the end of next week we should have a much better idea when everyone can leave. And at that time we'll start a new post to figure out the details about where to stay, when to leave, where to meet and what to bring. I dont mind participating with the instructor deal.

C

25. igofast

igofast New Member

I'm game for the instructor deal, depending on their qualifications. All I really want is 1/2 hour with them in the morning, and another 1/2 hour in the afternoon. If I get more time than that, it's bonus!

26. Musashi

Heads up, it appears there are a lot of experienced drivers from Cedar Rapids club, with some real muscle. So for those who plan on pushing hard and having a great time, you won't be disappointed. And for those who are really looking forward to learning just how fast, fast really can be, your in for a treat.

You have been advised..........Be prepared!

C

27. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

yes, there is alot of muscle in iowa....
    not much else to do really...

28. igofast

igofast New Member

How many is "a lot"? Is there going to be a cap on how many people can sign up?

29. Musashi

30. igofast

igofast New Member

For MAM, I'll be pissed if a bunch of Johnny-come-lately's sign up and crowd me outta my tracktime.

31. Musashi

Its a big track you won't have to worry about that part, what we're still working on is trying to get this event to happen.

C

32. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

All Signed up and ready to go! Wow Im #10 - ;).
    Dave

33. yosmiley

Guys, I have bad news to share on my side. I won't be able to make the MAM event on the 25th. My father and mother in-law are hosting a party for my wife and I because we're expecting by the end of November.

They've got the date all setup and ready to go so my father in-law won't change the date for my racing/need of speed enjoyment. I won't make this one so those who are going, please don't have too much fun as I'm jealous.

34. Substeroo

Fam comes first.

35. Substeroo

So, really what you're saying is that you are going to pay for Noah's track time right? :eek:)

In your car! :eek:

:eek:)

36. Substeroo

Uh oh...my CV boot is torn. I have to get that fixed stat or I am not going to make it!:eek:

37. Musashi

Alright get hopp'n! ;)

38. bikerboy

****, things dont look good I cant find a trailer. :(!

39. Substeroo

Car's at Morrie's BP. I don't even want to post their quote.:(

The front left axle: $370

**** rare automobiles.

40. Substeroo

A trailer for crap/parts or for car?

41. yosmiley

Noah, what's wrong with the car this time besides the axle quote? What did they say about your AWD system?

42. Substeroo

They haven't gotten back to me on the AWD yet. My cv boot was torn other than that.

43. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

A trailer for crap/parts or for car?

The car so I can make sure I get home if something were to happen

44. Substeroo

A. I'll ask around.
    B. Can you rent one?

45. Musashi