Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by MNGman, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

A well put together video about Brandon Ranvek and RS Motors at the OUSCI this year.

2. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

That was a very well put together video.

Congrats to RS-Motors!

I saw the Evo at Dctc for testing before Sema while the PDX event was going on.

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting and congrats to Brandon!

4. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

Highly encourange any of you to attend one of these events. I was fortunate enough to attend Laguna Seca, and the finals in Las Vegas this year with the RS crew. This event is an affordable way to get a TON of seat time for auto-x and road course.

5. glen

glen Well-Known Member

I volunteered at the Road America event, looked like fun. Some of the cars have big bucks in them and it's nice to see them getting flogged, but there's also guys out there in their daily drivers.

6. AspitFire

Yes, you will find every sort of car out there, and in the end it came down to driver skill. I saw everything from a twin turbo 1300hp lambo to Andy Smedegard's daily driven, ice raced S2000. Andy got an invite on his stock n/a engine, and supercharged it before the vegas event. This should tell you that it really comes down to driver skill. I guarantee Brandon would have won the event had he been able to get more than 1 full lap in road course before his engine blew.

7. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Whoops, I didn't watch the whole video to see that his engine blew. What happened? Spin a bearing?

8. AspitFire

Yep, he got his warm up slow lap, and one full speed lap, then done. Ironically Danny Popp didnt get his fastest lap(the lap that put him .4 ahead of Brandon) until the last heat, and last couple laps of the event.

9. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

So, I went to this event at Charlotte Motor Speedways over the weekend. The money in stuff is nuts.

I helped drive there/crew for my buddies STi. We were one of the only cars there that wasn't towed or driven less than 100 miles there. Most couldn't believe we drove 1500 miles, in the car he raced.

I would highly recommend checking these events out if you have a chance. There is one at Road America in a month. I may be signed up ;)

EricS likes this.
  10. derp

derp Well-Known Member

And that's why calling it the "street car" invitational is bull****.