Police training video

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by kickin_81, Mar 12, 2006.

1. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

And this is precisely why I don't miss California.

3. readymix

On a side note, do you see how stupid they are about it? "This air intake is not legal...This intake breather is not legal" WTF, intake breather?! WTF does that add, like 1/1000th of a HP on the dyno? Seriously, California is all about needledick BS like this on cars. They can actually pull you over if you have a modified SUSPENSION. No joke.

4. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

my hood latch is teh busted! ok ill use the wrench....

but yea in cali if it doesnt have a carb stamp and number, its a no no... i LOVE MN!

5. readymix

It was fun watching it all go downhill. Now, apparently they snap photos with a Polaroid and send you to a inspection station with the photo. They take the photo and compare it to a photo of a stock engine bay and make you pull anything that doesn't LOOK stock off of the car. I would have been toast if I got pulled over.

6. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

So what u r saying is that you have to change it all back to stock when they ticket you?

7. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

S**T...I got pulled over right after I got my car installed with some parts in Buffalo, MN. Pulled me over because of my exhaust...He mentioned it was illegal...and gave me a warning, some peice of work...and I wasn't even speeding or driving reckless. I told him I'll put a sliencer next time.

8. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

CA is one of the most busiest markets in aftermarket parts. I don't know how the speed shops and local racing tracks stay in business. I'm glad I didn't get into the scene until I got to Minnesota. But with my way of thinking, this law would have made me sell my car and buy a corolla. I wouldn't be able to live with myself breaking the law everyday and trying to sleep through it. I'm not ghey, it's ghey.

9. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

wow omg. if i got pulled over in CA i would be teh screwed, yeah ummm that coen filter is illegal, that ummm strut bar is illegal, that hood isnt stock its illegal, ohh nice headlights they arnt stock for this vehichle they are illegal.

its basically like they say anything thats aftermarket is illegal. yeah so umm those napa plug wires are illegal since they arent oem. if i ever move to cali, i am doing a V5 swap into my car and leavin that bone stock, hehehe see what the officer thinks of that. oohh its just a dirty engine, loook its got teh stock air box and stuff. and the muffler says subaru on it (sti genome hehehehe lol, maybe not).

10. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

Florida changed their "street racing" laws on October 1st of last year. The new law states that (in more words) that racing is defined as accelerating to quickly. It goes as far to say that it is a test of accelleration between one, or more vehicles.

So you can get a ticket for racing for accelerating to fast. Then, on your first offense it's a $500 ticket, and loose liscense for 1 year. On the second offense, it's another $500 fine, lost liscense for 2 years, and you forfeit your vehicle to the state.

you can read the bill here:
    http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/laws/05laws/ch_2005-226.pdf

Oh, and at the same time they added that if your music can be heard 25 feet away from the car, you can be ticketed. Also added some other nonsense.

11. Dynapar

well, 25' away is alot, especailly if you got your windows up. but come on, acceleration contests? you can get a ticket for taking an on ramp then?

12. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Wierd how they do not pull over domestic trucks and pick-ups with straight pipes and TV's inside with BOOM BOOM basssss..I bet you pop the hood and they got a supercharger under that Hemi chromed up like you wouldn't believe.

13. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

And all they can say is...Is that a Hemi?

14. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Officer: ummm sir your underwear is illegal...
    Driver: really why is that officer?
    Officer: well cause when you hit boost around that corner back there it
    looked like you crapped your underwear when the rear end came
    around...
    Driver: Um yeah so why is it illegal...
    Officer: Well here in CA any modifications to anythign stock is illegal... adn
    now you need to get your underwear emissions tested too... have a
    nice day...

Well on a lighter note... it may be coming herre sonner or later fellas... i haev heard rumours of testing coming back in the future... enjoy it while we can

15. Dynapar

^ emissions testing or car inspections?

16. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Nuthin like getting pulled over by the Gestapo

17. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

time to run lean for emissions testing...no sir, I have cats in my car!

18. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

There's still alot of performance mods to be done and still have the car look totally stock. So basically the cops are going after the ricers.

19. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

there are still plenty of mods that can look totaly not stock and be legal an cali to. just needs carb certification.

20. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

remember, the video says that the probable suspicion of pulling the guy over is stickers that say "RACING" and "TYPE ____," shtty altezzas, monster tachs w/ shift lights and garish bodykits, so a stock looking car presumably wouldn't have too many problems.

Ok, so i have a garish color and a stock bodykit, but I bet a cop would pull me over for the same reasons. The guy who built my car drove it around cali for 3 years and never had any problems with it. weird.

I'm all for car inspections like they have in VA, which are safety inspections. they just make sure that nothing is falling off the car whether or not its oem or modified, that all the lights work properly and that the brake pads exist, wheel bearing aren't shot etc.

imo, it makes it safer for everyone not to have to share the road with some of the rolling junkyard candidates I see around here. I swear, the part of 94 that goes by NE/N mpls the shoulders are littered with swaybars, subframe pieces, brake drums, mufflers, exhaust pipes and body parts.

It also forces the retards to actually fix their dangerous wrecks or get them off the road. Good for local mechanics, good for local drivers. I see stuff in MN that frankly makes my jaw drop sometimes.

I am however opposed to any kind of emissions sniffer testing. for obvious reasons...

21. ProjectSTi

ProjectSTi New Member

Look at how they stuff about the stickers being illegal.

I've seen this cavalier with his muffler being conficated by a cop.

22. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

this I would agree with... power mods are less dangerous than the morons who dont want to fix their brakes cause they are cheap bastards