Post-up-some-pics-of-your-pets

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by tangledupinblu, Aug 13, 2007.

1. J-5

J-5 Active Member

Think that's weird?.. here is a pic of my friend's dog & cat... [​IMG]

ofspunk7 and Jerf like this.
  2. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

Libby will sit up on our couch like that pretty often as well.

I always think it's odd when she sits on the steps like this:

[​IMG]

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Yup, ours do that at the top of the basement stairs.

Libby looks tiny, how much does she weigh?

4. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

^20 lbs. maybe? Idk, she's about 3.5 years old.
    and to not waste space...
    [​IMG]

5. BugIedIzzy

BugIedIzzy Well-Known Member

This is her (Shady's) you said dog park and where at the vet's face!!

Attached Files:

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

LOL!

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

That picture could be taken any day of the week in our house. Cat looks real similar as well, except ours is about twice the size, and our dog is a golden retriever.

8. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

^
    "YOUR PAWS ARE WHITE"

I think that I've talked my wife into getting one of these in the future.
    we really want a large man cat.

9. J-5

J-5 Active Member

On topic... for the most part. If you have ever had cats and dogs, you get it. I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. Enjoy.

Mnelson, Legsaucy, JuStaWRX and 5 others like this.
  10. DTAphotography

DTAphotography Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365503138.131364.jpg figured I could throw my little monster up on here.

JuStaWRX, SCIFIDELITY and ofspunk7 like this.
  11. DTAphotography

DTAphotography Member

12. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

New trouble maker checking out the older trouble maker

Attached Files:

13. SCIFIDELITY

SCIFIDELITY Well-Known Member

Is your dog a Shiba Inu?

14. idget

yup, they both are. I think there are 5-6 shiba owners in this thread. JDM y0

15. SCIFIDELITY

Cool looking dogs. I've only ever had Labs (big bird hunter). What is the Shiba personality/ disposition like?

16. idget

Thanks. Generally very independent and high maintenance, but personalities vary like every breed. They're also breed for small brush hunting so they typically have a high prey drive. Our smaller one is very breed typical... stubborn, independent, cat-like with hygiene (he jumps over puddles walking in the rain... weirdo), very well trained and responsibly handled but can't be trusted off leash, etc... The other one is more lab like... he's glued to my knee and always eager to please. He'll be neck deep in a bowl of food and you can call him from 5 rooms away and he'll come prancing in, tail wagging and eager eyed like the big dope he is lol.
    Love labs. Got any pics?

17. SCIFIDELITY

9 year old Black Lab. Her name is Rowan. Awesome dog.

Attached Files:

idget likes this.
  18. MNBD

MNBD Member

This is my pup! Her name's Bailey and is a Chocolate Lab/Husky mix. She'll be 2 this spring!

[​IMG]

wrxwied and gc8 like this.
  19. bduncs

bduncs Member

Max (original right?), riding in style at the old folks home!
    photo.JPG

wrxwied and MNBD like this.
  20. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

21. MNBD

MNBD Member

Bowtie FTW!

ofspunk7 likes this.
  22. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

*If you don't want to read the long story below- Rescued Pomeranian. Male. Approx. 1 year old. Fluffy little guy.*

As posted in the Most Recent Purchases thread, Rocky came to us through a unique story. On Tuesday morning this past week , the pastor and tech person at my home church in New Brighton were walking in to work, and found this little white/orange Pomeranian with his leash tied to the church office door (inside the building). Near him, there was a paper bag, including dog treats, a little food, a blanket, and an envelope with two letters in it. The first letter was short and sweet. "My name is Rocky. I was rescued from a real bad place. The couple that took me in can't keep me. I'm 1 year old now, and have my shots. I'm very scared of being alone, will someone please take me home?".

There was a second letter in the envelope as well, written on a different style paper, my guess is from when "person X" was about to leave the dog. It is a little longer letter, but went on to say simliar things as the previous letter, but with more detail. They said that the grandma that originally had the dog had to go to a nursing home, and that this couple took the dog. Recently, however, that couple's home was repossessed, and they could no longer care for the dog/give it a home. Truthfully, the notes are all slightly odd. The stories didn't fully line up. No one has any idea who left the dog, or exactly when.

The church ladies took him in, fed him, ran to the store for a few of the basics, and then began a little investigation. They called the NB police, as well as all neighboring area departments, and asked if anyone had a dog reported as missing or stolen, and also called a vet to come and check him over. The police calls revealed nothing. I had been out sick all week with some nasty bug, so I happened to be on Facebook at the time the church posted a photo of the dog on their page, saying that he was dropped off, and needed a home. I responded, and was the first one to inquire more about him.

I had a doctor appointment that day, and decided that I would swing by the church afterwards to meet the little guy and see what he was like. When I got there, he was playing with the pastor (who he took a great liking too, and vise versa, but was vetoed to become hers by her husband) and running around the office. He was very cautious of me, and the other males in the room at the time. I took off my hat and hoodie, and sat down near him for a bit, and he came over to say hi.

After that, the rest is history. Of course, immediately I had texted Hannah (my fiance) and she had seen the photo as well. Although we had been seriously looking at other slightly larger to larger dogs (boxer, boxer/lab, labradoodle, Frenchie, Boston, spaniels, etc.) this one seemed to be hitting a special spot for us. We got a call from the pastor later that evening, saying that the decision came down to us, and my buddy and his family (wife and two kids), and the reason they wanted us to have him was because my buddy has a 2 and 3 year old right now, and they were concerned as to how this little guy would do with such small children. So, I slammed some pepto, and we drove back to New Brighton, and when we got there, he loved Hannah, and came back to me again, and now, almost 3 full days later, he has really come out of his shell.

He is playful, energetic, well behaved (with the little accidents on the kitchen floor here and there), crate trained, and overall a really nice little ankle-biter/ratdog/fluff ball/pursedog. :) Although the notest stated he had his shots, we have no documentation. Nor did we find any hint of a chip. 970253_745339866363_910924811_n.jpg He seemed well groomed and recently cleaned, but just to be safe, we are taking him to the vet Tuesday. He is not neutered yet, which will happen soon. He also still has some baby teeth that the first vet said may need to be removed. We'll see.

For now, we are enjoying this new member to our little family, and having a lot of fun getting to know him!

On to the photos of Rocky FooFoo. (Rocky was his name when we got him, and he seems to respond well, and have no bad ties to it, so we decided to keep it. FooFoo is just what he looks like. A little FooFoo dog, that at first we never thought we would ever have. It is in a joking loving way of course that we call him Rocky FooFoo). On a side note, We got a call from H's grandma last night, after she met him earlier in the afternoon, she was stuck thinking about him. She called to say that she felt he needed a more "sophisticated" name, like Cedrick, or Sydney. We decided, Rocky fit just fine :) .

If anyone has any first-time-dog-owner/small-dog-owner/dog-owner advice, we are always willing to learn! My parents now have a small dog, but other than that, we have never had a pet. I think this will be a BIG learning experience!

Thanks for reading!
    -J 970253_745339866363_910924811_n.jpg 485577_745339317463_2128140381_n.jpg 375682_745339212673_1798119073_n.jpg 421176_745339157783_800871682_n.jpg 1142_745339292513_1944050909_n.jpg

wrxwied likes this.
  23. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

*Sorry for the photo fail...

24. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Great story! I'm glad he found a good home. My advice for a first time dog owner is to get him socialized with other dogs, all shapes and sizes. Along with other dogs, get him socialized with all kinds of people all genders, races, heights, weights, etc. And I know this probably won't be an issue with him but just keep in mind, it's cute when a 10lb dog jumps up on you when you get home...but it's slightly less fun when that same dog is 80lbs!

Congrats on the pup and keep the pictures coming!

25. JasonoJordan

New kitten

Attached Files:

26. Noone

Noone Well-Known Member

IMG_0138.JPG Panzer.jpg IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0141.JPG 20120706_185739.jpg 20120706_220913.jpg 20120707_204839.jpg 20121117_173244.jpg 20121201_135918.jpg
    Here is Panzer our Min Schnauzer. He just turned 1 year old! Excuse the crappy pics some are off of cell phones and Ipads.

bduncs likes this.
  27. idget

28. bduncs

bduncs Member

29. Speedicone

Speedicone Member

[​IMG] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372386917.190691.jpg Roxy and Beans- the Boston Terrorists!

And the two-legged one, we call Vin.

30. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

My family was out of town this weekend so I was stuck doing the horse chores. Took this picture of Lily this morning when I went out to feed her.

[​IMG]

31. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

PeiWei lives for this game. I toss it to her, she hits it back to me.

965966_10151718243881405_1046126822_o.jpg 1052450_10151718243511405_1310233019_o.jpg

Both Dogs.
    1048837_10151713141786405_1295201684_o.jpg

1048837_10151713141796405_1566929809_o.jpg

JWRX and JuStaWRX like this.
  32. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938800.009325.jpg
    LaX 2013

phi11, gc8 and JuStaWRX like this.
  33. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

Tinkerbell 1.JPG

34. Chris05WRX

Chris05WRX Member

So my dog fell asleep in my car on top of the owner's manual and then refused to get off of it. Kinda makes it tough when you want to put your car back together and get on with your day. What a b!$@&

Attached Files:

35. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

My new puppy, Penelope. I'll teach her how to sleep like a lady later

[​IMG]

JuStaWRX likes this.
  36. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

My sister snapped this picture while Garfield and I were taking a little nap Sunday afternoon.
    [​IMG]

37. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Here is avalanche! hes now 6, hard to believe on his personality
    he sleeps alot but believe it or not hes a damn good hunting dog....
    he also has to sleep with a fan...hes a bit spoiled

Attached Files:

38. SCIFIDELITY

In the pic where he's upside down, he absolutely nailed the puppy/ begging face. I have a female black lab, but she can't hold a candle to his powers.

39. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

yeah i can't be mad at him, he is a bit of a horn dog though at times. he really likes blankets

40. solem22

solem22 Active Member

My buddy Twitch just doing his thing... 130423_003.jpg

41. strangefamous

strangefamous Well-Known Member

Meet Monty! She is a 3 year old Normal Ball Python. Most well behaved snake I have ever owned. This are pics of her as a baby. Last pics is her current chill spot setup. IMAG0012.jpg IMAG0016.jpg IMAG0013.jpg IMAG0027.jpg

42. JasonoJordan

New kitten as the other one passed away. This is Koshka.[​IMG]

43. strangefamous

strangefamous Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that:( kitten looks like a good one though!!!

44. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Had some help today while I was installing my endlinks

[​IMG]

45. JWRX

JWRX New Member

$719F9FDA66DB1339.jpg

My dog Turbo. Crazy ass dogs. Love him to death though.

strangefamous likes this.