posting for a freind on mnsc about WBL suby

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by AWDimprezaL, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

... Dis Is Not Fight!! Dis Is A Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

2. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

and yes, fix the goddamned all caps bull.... people yell on the internet. it's ok. childrens... it won't hurt you.

3. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

Well to make a long story short about a week and a half a go my 2004 sti with 48k miles would not start. All the electronics worked so it was not the battery. I brought it in to be fixed at Morries Minnetona under warranty and it was. They diagnosed the problem as a bad wiring harness causing the starter solenoid to not get power.

Car works fine for a week.

Now on Friday night I'm going to the liquor store. Car starts up fine and drives fine. I even let it warm up for 4 minutes. I get to the store, do my business and come out. Car will not start and has the same problem as before. Odd thing is that after about 7 tries it miraculously started again. The next morning it would not start. Not even an attempt to turn over. Nothing.

So, i finally get it towed to a dealership (white bear), a different dealership from the original repairs mind you(because the roadside would only go to closest dealership) . I get a call a few hours later saying that my motor is locked up. The guy says that they put a breaker bar on and couldn't get the engine to turn more than an inch or two.

Now here I am thinking WTF?!?! My car drove absolutely fine and now you're telling me my engine is ****ed?

Now here is where my ******* gets torn apart. (Keep in mind that I am pretty furious simply that my car is out of commission a week after I got it fixed)
    This assclown service guy at White Bear Subaru quoted me to a TOTAL and COMPLETE engine pull just so they could "diagnose further" and that I wouldn't know if it was covered by warranty until after they had gotten it out . I was told 1,500$ at a minimum just for the pull, not including putting it back in. This is where my office chair got covered in poop.

So they guys goes on to ask if they have my authorization to pull the motor and I'm thinking uhhhh **** NO AND **** YOU!
    I called around to a bunch of people that are 'l33t' with subarus and all of them said it didn't make sense. Engines don't just fail after you turn them off.

So thanks to AWDimprezaL, Jamie from Morries Minnetonka, and my own suspicion, I had a friend of mine tow the car back to morries from whitebear and within about 45 minutes of the car being there Erik told me if was just some switch and they already had it started.

As far as I'm concerned, White Bear Subaru can DIAF!:mad:

4. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

the letter i got from soa said $1500 with a $100 deductible. walser said 1800 with a $100. i dont get it, (both are gold sas btw)

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Sounds like one remembered to include the turbo package and one did not. Fail.:biggrin:

6. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

just goes to show that everyone needs to learn how to work on there own car instead of bringing it to the dealer...... unless you bought a A to B car that you never have fun in.

7. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

Turtl3, wow, thanks for sharing that. You'd think they would have noticed that the starter wasn't doing anything, not even making a clicking noise, and diagnosed that first.

8. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

I paid 1250 with a 100$ deductible for the sas gold from morries minnetonka

9. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Really? I just talked to the Finance guy and he states that Subaru sends u the classic plan...If it is gold I'd be suprise...

10. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Price went up from when u bought yours...Sorry to hear WB didn't do it's job...Glad to hear your car is up and runn'in again...w00t for Mnkta

11. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

If something happens again and you can't figure it out, ask around on here before brining it in to a dealer . A lot of the members here are filled with useful knowledge and have lots of hands on experience.

welcome btw

12. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

Ever make a mistake?

It's funny how dealerships are blasted here and some of the replys come from dealership employees. Hmmm makes you wonder who's side they are on doesn't it.

13. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

a mistake is a mistake, however when that mistake is absolutely crazy its not acceptable, its called negligent

14. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

yeah and ud think when a whole engine is diagnosed as possibly bad then more then one tech could look at it or something to make sure they agree and not just a mistake..

15. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Bill...FYI that is a direct quote from a customer, not Erik (AWDImprezaL) As Bill stated it was a mistake and I'm sure because of this, things will be different on how things get handled in the future. Perhaps in the near future if any work has been done at any dealership and it is noted both dealerships should talk to see what the problem could be. If no note is found in the system, the customer should also mention any work history done at a previous dealership or mechanic with this same issue...*Not saying if u did or not Turtl3* I'm just stating this so that it gets handled in a better way, in case something like this ever happens again in the near future...

16. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

Yeah I did mention the previous work on the same problem. I even gave them the write up from minnetonka suby. I asked the guy why they were even checking for engine turnover when there was no attempt at a start and I quote him saying "I don't know, but the engine is blown."

I think since they lose to much business to other subaru dealerships that they are just starting to pad their pockets with unnecessary warranty work to make up for it.

17. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Yea...I wish it could have been handled better by the techie...The service writer goes by what his tech says and it isn't always the best answer. I would always get a second opinion for sure and I'm glad u did...(Taking it back to Mnkta)

In my case I was glad I got a 2nd opinion about my wife's condition. ;)

I'm going off topic here...but I just like to point out the most experienced person for the job doesn't mean he is always right. I.E. My wife got checked out by a oncologist (this doc was part of a board, big name in the field with lots and lots of experience under his belt) and he said to go through with the surgery right away. But me and my wife wanted to get another opinion (we did) and we went with the 2nd choice and its paying off big time. Long story short, if we went with the 1st option she would not be able to have any kids at all...Now there is a good possibility we can in the near future...

Every person is different with every situation, they can only predict what they feel is right, in this case, what was right with the tech, was wrong...if that makes any sense...;)

18. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I'm not at all taking any sides, but the customer/member I will fight for once all the facts are in. (I've learned my lesson in the past to get all the facts first ;))

19. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^^That's good news Ray! Glad to hear that things took a turn for the better for wife and you. I'll keep praying for you guys.;)

20. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

thanks Josh...just haven't thought about updating the other thread on my wife...I've been slack'in...lol

21. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

I understand Mr. owners pain and I understand why he pulled the car out, I would have done the same thing. Mr tech did a very poor and quick look at the car and relayed his inital judgement which in this case was very incorrect. For that i am sorry and obvoiusly wish that wasn't the case. We are only as good as the techs that do the work. Trust me the tech has been talked to and he fells pretty dumb for not digging further. I have made him read the post also, which puts a little salt in to it.

BTW, we are still doing well with all of our customers and the OLP is much better that sales thank you!

Also thank you Ray, Im glad the wife is ok too.

22. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

Just a better reason to go Flat-6 =DDDDDDDDDDDD

23. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Are you kidding me? READ THE THREAD YOU RETARD, what does this have to do with anything?

24. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

warranty work and padding your wallet is totally 2 ends of the spectrum... let me say since owning my own shop then selling and working in a dealership I have a different viewpoint now... used to hate dealerships.. now I see things more clearly (I have both sides of the argument) let me say.. if a job calls for 3 hrs by the book warranty will pay the tech 2.. so how does that pad the techs wallet???

before making statements that are unfounded you should have some facts.. this situation sucks clearly... I hope you got it all sorted out (sounds like you did)... but too many people come onto this site spurting of crap and pissing on teh dealerships that clearly support this site...

your first mistake was being on MNSC... ah ha

25. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Trying to replace an engine is going to pay a ****load more than replacing a starter or clutch switch. ;)

26. TSTRBOY2004

yes.. but warranty NEVER pays full amount to the tech or dealership.. from what I am seeing... regardless of what type of job.. the tech would also have to bust his arse more to change said engine then a starter etc... (everyday I chat with the Senior Master Tech who works next to me, and he has at the moment 4 bays - 3 with transmissions under warranty, 1 has head work, another 2 just came in with transmission issues... he has to pull down each one first - diagnose what the issues are, then IF it gets approved - do the work.. which basically means he may eventually see that work in a paycheck 3 weeks from now... even though he has put in XXXX of hours that week)

just me but even if I wanted to be dis-honest I wouldn't want to do that much more work for pretty much no more money in comparison...

either way it was a pathetic DIAGNOSIS (scared to even call it that word) seeing is was a FAILURE of epic proportions...

27. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I kind of forgot that the shop is going to be pretty much booked solid regardless. doh!

28. TSTRBOY2004

is that sarcasm?? actually we are flat out busy at the moment which is awesome but also guys are starting at 6am working till 5pm and still can't get through the work...

back on topic though.. this was just a bad situation...

29. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

Agreed, it was a crappy situation. The tech stright out did not look at the car enough. However, if we had the "ok" to diagnose further you can bet your paycheck that he would have gotten to the source before pulling the motor. He would have looked silly but the car would have been fixed properly. He had an initial thought and since we had never seen the car here before, there is always that possibility that someone is trying to scam us. I would think that any other dealer employees on here would understand this tyep of situation and try to avoid it at all costs. Maybe the techs should read this and the managers should maybe make an attempt to defend the dealership world. We are not out here to try and get money from the liittle guy, we are all just trying to make a living just like everyone else.

30. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

In the dealership world, we are held accountable by the manufacturer and the owner of the dealership. Also by the customers themselves. So there is no reason we (dealers) should try and scam anybody out of anything. I hope you all can understand that.We are held to the wall by CSI and if that is not good the factory is all over our arses. I dont think most people understand our world.

31. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

lol...kind words from Mr. AWDIMPREZAL, mine would have been ********************** ********** ****** ****** ** ***** u! back on topic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.