President trying to help America

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hallywood, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

2. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

It's because liberals hate us. Try not to take it personally. They hate everybody. :biggrin:

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I like how he wants to get more nuclear reactors going, a nice clean energy source, but that gets slapped down...and then we get told how we should buy hybrids.

4. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Stupid Liberal, Apple-loving, pot smoking hippies.

5. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

:ugh: I guess he feels bad. Since our occupation in Iraq, everything at home went to crap. We can't invest any money in anything else...It's all tied up in the WOT and we have a massive debt.

I think that if the government is in debt, that the people who are running this country (reps/dems) shouldn't be compensated. Why should they be compensated for wasting all of our hard earned money in a war that the majority of the country is against?

We do need to focus on alternative fuels, health care, reducing outsourcing, and maybe he should sign even ONE of the treaties regarding our improving our impact on the earth. We also need to finish cleaning up the mess in Iraq, and get out of the region...seriously. The war on terrorism is totally counter-productive. All it does is provoke and insight growing hatred towards this country. The sooner we get out of there, the better off we'll be. Oh, and why don't we just continue to start another arms race?

And yes, more nuclear power would be nice...but then you have to deal with storage and all that mess that makes. The world is going to hell and this administration (dems and reps) is paving the way.

6. readymix

They hate you because you don't have a college degree.

7. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

But we don't know what to do with the waste that they will produce in 40 years!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

9. readymix

Maybe they could, I don't know, try REFINING IT. You know, like the democrat's precious French people do?

10. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Aegis likes this.
  11. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Hence the smilies. I agree completely. Refine it, and then launch what we don't want into space. Worry about cleaning it up later when we are technologically able to do so.

12. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

yes, southparkstudios is filtered because of "tasteless"

also, aquateencentral - see if it's filtered for "chat" or "online community sites"

13. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

"webchat" is filtered as well.

14. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Websense is the most senseless filtering tool ever created.

15. readymix

t3hw00t d0t c0m's unacceptable fascism policy restricts access to this web censor at this time

Reason:

The t3hw00t category "fascist, self righteous web censorship" is filtered.

URL

http://www.websense.com

If you wish to use this web filtering tool, you are in fact a tool. And contacting the site administrator about changing this policy will result in a permanent ban.

16. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:

The Websense category "Business" is filtered.

URL:

http://www.websense.com

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. WRXEcho

18. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Wow. now that IS funny.

19. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

It's cause the Dems created websense.

20. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

agreed.. that each side has its issues...

21. WRXEcho

haha, nice.

I'm not blaming clinton or bush specifically. It's administration wide. The government is setup so that nothing gets done. People don't come across the aisle to get things accomplished. Things aren't planned out very well either. They like to put band-aids on everything and ignore the causes. Once the effect is addressed for a couple months at a time, people forget about it. And then you have complacency. Like this stupid stimulus plan...really...wtf is it going to do? Not a damn thing. Granted I will take any dollar amount that our government is giving me. It still isn't gonna' solve shoddy business practices, irresponsible lenders, and uneducated and even more irresponsible people who bite off more than they can chew.

I just find it interesting how often the government lies to the public, manipulates the masses and comes up with short-term "solutions" that neglect the foresight it takes to run a country.

It's about money. That's it. Capitalism is king, and to some extent that is great, but when it comes to our government ignoring the people of this country in the name of American imperialism, securing oil interests, and pharmaceutical monopolies then that's where I start to take issue.

Their friggin' job is to do what's best for the country and it's people. That's what they get paid to do!!! Unfortunately, lobbyist have more money to influence their decisions then the average taxpayer. Since they aren't doing their job, there should be a revolt led by the populous, new foreign policies, one man one vote, and corporate interests in the government should be illegal and prosecuted. Bribes are illegal. Lobbyists bribe the administration in the name of profit. If a company is bribing government officials, they should be prosecuted for interfering in a government matter.

To answer your questions:
    Who is the majority? White america = 66.4%

What kind of image do you enjoy in a President? Ladies man getting a knob-job in the vulva orifice? Or a war mongering elitist who wages war on a country that didn't have anything to do with the sept 11th attacks, and had never attacked the US...ever. Oh yeah, we put Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq, so maybe in hindsight, that wasn't such a good idea to meddle in the Iran/Iraq war...what a concept.

If you want to split the country in two, then you are a separatist. Now your "patriotism" is in question ;)

And if you think that abortion has anything to do with the workforce, you sir, are wrong. Outsourcing is correlated to high taxes (relative term) for corporations, and a cheaper workforce abroad. Which in turn, is again about the bottom line. Not this country. Loyalty is in question here.

Why is it, that when something is wrong, we play the blame game? Why not acknowledge the problem and move to solve the issue? It's all rhetoric and nothing gets done. The founding fathers would roll over in their collective graves if they were here to witness what this country has become.

And what has the war in Iraq accomplished anyway? Give me one REAL positive. Oil? Have you filled your tank lately? It ain't cheap...but boy those oil execs are swimming in the depreciating dollar. Freedom? Nah...we already have that here! Our economy is better because War is good for the economy? Wrong again...not this type of war.

K...I'm spent. :)

22. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

23. Rexwagon

Rexwagon Well-Known Member

I like how Bush is playing the blame game. Yeah theres a lot of politics and both sides are dumb but he could have tried to do something about this years go when his advisers told him of the failing economy in the future.

Then people argue that its the war that messed it up well just remember who voted for the president.

I am no liberal by any means but I cant stand Bush. He is a total douche. And this is coming from a 2 time Iraq war veteran. I dont mind Bush's stand up policy but the people he put into his cabinet is what makes me mad. Like Donalds rumsfeld. He screwed the soldiers in Iraq in every way almost. Bush also cut VA funding a few years ago for more money towards the war. This is when the VA needs the most money. I think Almost anybody could have been a better president, but Hindsight is always 20/20.

24. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

That proves it, we need to revolt and set me in power as national dictator of the peoples!

25. TSTRBOY2004

teamplayer huh!!!

26. WRXEcho

...look at how it goes down during the Clinton Admin...and how it's rising back up during the Bush Admin. Look at how much it goes up with Republicans in office for Old Bush and Reagan...OMFG...Conservative my ass.

Dems like to spend money. Agreed. But, usually that money is spent here at home. Which I can handle. Although there are many entitlement programs that can be nixed.

But, today is a new day, and the GOP has drifted from its core values. Bush is the largest spending president EVER.

"President Bush has presided over the largest overall increase in inflation-adjusted federal spending since Lyndon B. Johnson. Even after excluding spending on defense and homeland security, Bush is still the biggest-spending president in 30 years. His 2006 budget doesn’t cut enough spending to change his place in history, either."

Sooo...what does that say? It's that "whatever it takes" mentality that has gotten this administration in trouble, and even put this country in more danger.

27. TSTRBOY2004

I say drop a bomb on teh US... that will fix it... heck if we sit back long enough someone will ;)

28. WRXEcho

Sure as hell wasn't me...guess what, it wasn't the populous either!!! Gore won the popular vote. Funny how in Florida (Jeb Bush is Gov.) That the ballots got all messed up...hmmm. I smell a conspiracy! The electoral college must go.

29. Rexwagon

But in Bush's Defense, War is expensive so Yes he spends alot but he has to. I am not saying that war is necassary but since we are there he is going to have to spend the money. They still dont spend enough money on the soldiers and equipment in Iraq. We need more over there but it all costs money.

30. TSTRBOY2004

where is my violin smiley :roll::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

31. TSTRBOY2004

I agree.. we need to protect our amazing men and women in uniform... and stop spending money for teens who are pregnant, homeless bums who earn more money begging then most people who work hard to survive etc etc

32. WRXEcho

haha...We've all heard the theories.

Then we have this presidential race...I sure hope that Jesse Ventura gets into the race! ;)

Yes, entitlement programs must go. And our troops, since they are there, must be given what they need. They also need to have what they need to get going if and when they come back. That means reworking the GI Bill, Better health care for vets, and especially support groups that will help them deal with the transition back into the Land of the Free. Both mentally and physically.

33. Rexwagon

Yes we need to stop spending money on the scum of america. Plain and Simple. They have been many soldiers and marines killed over the last few years in Iraq not becuase the enemy is good, but becuase they didnt have the Very best protection out there. We have it but we dont have enough of it. I would have never lost friends if we had the very best when I was patrol. Heck I would have never been Wounded Either. But Since Donald Rumsfeld is no longer in charge of those decisions more armor and better vehicles are being sent over.

34. WRXEcho

I think another thing to start helping out OUR country, is to start letting the Iraqi's pay for the rebuilding of their country. They are on course to see over $40 billion dollars in oil revenues. But no one really knows where that is going. It should go back into their disheveled country and into opportunities for their people.

35. TSTRBOY2004

amen.. we totally agree

36. Rexwagon

Very true they should pay for it. I know I dont want to pay for the things Ive destroyed, LOL. Yes when they get the oil crap under control. They Problem that I know with the oil issue is the insurgency knows that is a great revenue. So they attack pipelines, rigs, and refinerys when they get a chance to. So the stuff has to be guarded all the time by Iraqis. But Most Iraqis are lazy so they dont really guard something when they are suppose to be. Plus these people dont want to change their country. They are torn between people who do and dont. The dont side is still to big. The people are also scared of the Insurgent militias, so they dont want to do anything against them, because they are afraid to die.

37. WRXEcho

And there's the problem. They used to be dedicated to defending their country, no matter what the cost. Now they're not? I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that we are still there. I saw something on a "liberal" news station that showed the Iraqi police going to eat lunch during a gun battle in one of the cities...I mean really? C'mon defend your friggin' country. There's no time for Kibbe Batata until AFTER you save yourself from a debilitating case of death.

38. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

But they only like you if you have a degree in a worthless humanities field...

As for everything else, well, Bush is a douche. He is a terrible President. His low poll numbers with Republicans say it all. He didn't govern like a conservative at all except for the tax cuts.

However, Rummy was right, you go to war with the army you have, not the one you want. Our fighters were crap at the start of WWII, and our tanks were tin cans compared to the German tanks. We simply overwhelmed them with numbers.

As far as debt versus GDP, Reagan and Bush I spent ten years pushing the Soviets against the wall. You don't win a race without spending money.

39. WRXEcho

What race? The Arms race? Or space? They beat us with Sputnik ;) And we are starting another arms race if you haven't noticed. It's a domino effect that's going to resound throughout all the Nuclear countries. The US won't sign any treaties regarding arms. Not even biological weapons. And it wasn't just the soviets. The Iran/Iraq war was during that time as well. It begins again...

40. Rexwagon

Its all ok though the end of the world is in 2012 anyways. Check out the Mayan calender.

41. WRXEcho

Oh, I'm already prepared for the rapture!!!

42. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

rapture....pffft

43. TSTRBOY2004

you got your bottle of green poison

44. Taras

Taras BANNED

Good point.

45. Taras

Taras BANNED

Yeah split like this.