Prokart - again

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Oct 14, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, this is going to be my last post about it. I am willing to try and set up a event, but we need to get or crap straight. I laid out a couple of options in the last prokart post. If nobody wants to do this, than I will just kill the whole idea and somebody else an give it a try. I already have a good price break going or us up at maplegrove, so all we need to do is get the people and SHOW UP!

At minimum, we need 10 people and the cost would be $62 (or so) a person. We would get the place to ourselves for 1 hour. That means we could drive for 60 min straight if you forarms could handle it. For each person over tht the price would get cheaper till we need to bump it to 2 hours. I also have our window of time to run open a little bit more. We can run till noon at the discounted rate. Just post up ideas. If we only want to do 10 people for a hour, we don't need as much lead time to get it set up (couple of days or so). Also, if we cn get this to happen soon, we might alsobe able to use the outside portion of the track.

Russ

2. Gspot

Gspot New Member

maybe over thanksgiving break or xmas break

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Let's do it... I can't wait to knock a few guys off.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

maybe over thanksgiving break or xmas break
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree, since I really would like to come, but am probably only going to be in town then.

I could also probably get 2 or 3 more people to come, if you're all ok with them being non-subaru people

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Last time we went, we had some of the guys from Frozen rotors, and some guys that I work with. I don't really care who goes, we just need warm bodies that show up with money. I think we even had a couple of girls driving at each event so far.

Russ

6. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I am intrested, but I need to know a date before I can say I will do it for sure.

7. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Have you considered a different location? Of the 3 prokart tracks in the Twin Cities, Maple Grove indoor only is my least favorite.

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

By going to maple grove, we do save about $200 per hour. If we went somewhere else I think our hourly rate would be about $825 or so. At that point in time, we would HAVE to get more than 10 people to go and try for the 2 hours. As for setting a date, I am not setting a date till I get some interest. Unfortunatly it looks like there is no interest so that event will probably never happen.:(

Russ

9. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

<font size="2">I'm interested</font id="size2">, I just didn't want to post and say that I'm in when I didn't know the date. I would love to do it however! I have been feinding for ANY sort of track time. :p

10. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Unfortunatly it looks like there is no interest so that event will probably never happen.:(

Russ

Like usual

11. redlinetuning

redlinetuning Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Unfortunatly it looks like there is no interest so that event will probably never happen.:(

Russ

Like usual

well.. I know a couple non-suby guys that love karting too. we've done it at Thunder Alley in BC before they closed.. If it's an hour, i'm positive the guys will show up with me.

12. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

need the dates.

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Dates are open, so what ever seems to work for eveyone. The mopre people we have, the more lead time it we will need. If we can get the 10 people for $62, we can pretty much squeeze that in anytime, but if we need to set aside 2 hours than I will need some more lead time. I was thinking about maybe the weekend of nov 13th, and that would give everyone a little time, or we can get into the first weekend of december and have a suby christmas party. What ever works out for everyone else.

Russ

14. Substeroo

I'm open on Saturdays now that my work schedule's changed.

15. kongzilla

december sounds good.

16. kongzilla

did you get a exact date russ.

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We can go whenever, but the thing is that we don't have 10 people who want to go. Just pick a date and we can go. If we have the 10 people getting in is a little easier than rent the place for 2 hours. I am just waiting for more people to step up and say they want to go and throw out some ideas about what weekend they want to go.

Russ

18. Substeroo

Okay, I have a friend who is definitely in and he has 2-3 friends whom he thinks would be interested and here's my weekend outlook:

I HAVE EVERY SATURDAY OFF from now through December and I work every other Sunday including today.
    SO, the 12th and 13th I don't work and Sunday the 21st I do work, 28th don't, etc.

19. Gairloch

Gairloch New Member

Hi guys. I am the friend that Noah was talking about. I am interested and I've got two friends that are also very interested. Pending date of course. All three of us are able to go on Sun Dec 12th. I know that makes five for sure, how many more are needed?

-Jeff

20. Substeroo

Hey Jeff! :)

21. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

http://www.aarrf.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=718

Posted: 10 November 2004 at 11:11pm | IP Logged | Report Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

We're having a little trouble getting enough people together for this year's go kart league at Pro Kart. It is going to be every Wednesday night at 9pm. We rotate to all three of the ProKart tracks (Burnsville, Maple Grove and Blaine). The league will run for 6 weeks. Cost will be $170 if you pay all at once, or $25ea race (+ a one time $25 registration fee and $2 for a baclava if you're using their helmet). We would really like people to join up for the whole league (or find a buddy and split the races and costs up).

Here's the link to the thread over on the VS forums:
    http://www.volksport.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6419

We were tentatively goign to start last week, but due to lack of interest, we are waiting until this wed (11/17) to get more people in on the action... So please rsvp soon.

EDIT - More info:
    Each session lasts 25-30min, so it's alot of seat time. Racing is usually followed up by hitting a local restaurant/bar for some beer, food, and some bench racing

Edited by Krautwagen on 10 November 2004 at 11:14pm

FS: '92 Bandit 400

22. Substeroo

The 13th looking good?