prokart anyone?? -- cancelled-

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Sep 10, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was thinking of setting up another prokart event sometime in october. I would like to make it up to maple grove before it gets to cold so we can use the indoor and outdoor tracks. I would like to run the event kinda like before, just a long endurace race with maybe a car switch or something in the middle to even things up a bit. Thow out some ideas. It kinda looks like every weekend in sept has something going so I was think like the weekend of oct 9th or the 16th. Let me know what you think. Again, I will rent the place for 2 hours and figure the cost to be $50 or less per person. Last time we went and did the endurance race, I think each team was up to about 170-180 laps total so you will get some good seat time.

Russ

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Russ, I'm game on this one as always.

3. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I'm interested. Just don't know my schedule.

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I was drooling the last time I went to watch. I'm interested in going this round. :)

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Mr. F just dont hold up traffic. :D

6. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

why are the kart events always on when i'm poor like heck! :( ...let's see if i can come up with enough to tag along this time.

7. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I'm down if I don't have to head out to NY again during that time.

8. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

why are the kart events always on when i'm poor like heck! :( ...let's see if i can come up with enough to tag along this time.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dude, get your drivers license! And don't try to be like fuji, he was lucky,

I am In:D

9. Gspot

Gspot New Member

cant do it on the 3rd or the 16th

10. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

btw, does this prokart require a drivers license? there are some out there that goes quite fast and a drivers license is required.

11. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

drivers license required? :(!

12. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

}:)

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Nope, no drivers license required. You just need a helmet (they do have some to use). If I can get enough people, I will try calling next week to check on openings. Last time we had 24 people and we were running teams of 3. This time, there is going to be a non-refundable $25 deposit per person. I have been burnt that last 2 times, and it isn't going to happen this time. I will be making out to uni more now, so I will just collect money there. Post up if you are interested.

Russ

14. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I'm interested on the when it is, then I'll let u know.

15. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

good luck with this. like always. ;)

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

As of right now, it looks like Sat oct 9th is the day that is going to work out best. Post up if you want to go. Remember I need to have everything done and in about 2 weeks before we can go, and I would like to make the reservation in the next week or so. Post up if you can make it.

Russ

17. bikerboy

Sounds good to me! I will give Franny a ring I am sure he will want to go again.

Matt

18. yosmiley

I'm game!

19. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Anone else?? I am going to call the vitange car guys this week and the spots will fill up fast. Let me know.

Russ

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Anyone??? If we don't get some more people on board this week, it won't happen.

Russ

21. bikerboy

Come on ladies! or at least you guys who drive like one! Lets get this thing going! Last year we had so much fun, remember Franny getting ejected from the car? OK, he had a little help getting on that tire wall. }:) These are the memories that events like this are made of.

The point is folks we had a great time!

22. SKullman

SKullman Well-Known Member

Have they improved the cars at maple grove yet? Last time I was there they were junk, we got half our money back cause we complained so much.

Blain is usually such a better venue.

Just askin'
    Shane Kullman
    '02 WRX Blue

23. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The cars seem o be pretty good. We haven't been there since sprig time. I owuld like to get this event going so we can use the indoor and outdoor parts of the track (over 1/2 mile combined). Lets go, post out if you can make it. If I don't have 10-15 people by the end of the weekend this will not happen.

Russ

24. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I know you wanted to use the outdoor track, but there'd probably be more support in the winter time.

25. yosmiley

Russ... as stated... I'm in on this event.

26. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I'm going to pass on this event. Have fun, boys!

27. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'll be in town that weekend, and would like to come, but have other commitments in the late afternoon (I'd need to leave at 3 or so). But if it's before that, I'm in. My GF might even come, she probalby won't race though .

-Chux

28. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I want to go. I don't work that weekend. Just have to check with the boss. Tentatively I'm in. I'll let you know in a day or so. Thanks Russ for setting this up!

29. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Cancelled due to lack of interest.

Russ

30. bikerboy

:mad:

31. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have another idea, but we will only need 10 guys.

Russ

32. yosmiley

What's the plan?

33. Tenzin420

Tenzin420 New Member

so is this prokart event happening or not on oct 9th i am interested and i'll try to bring in my frnds too. just tell me what time and how much. pse out

34. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Check 3rd post from bottom on previous page...

CANCELED

35. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

Check 3rd post from bottom on previous page...

CANCELLED

check 2 posts later

ANOTHER IDEA

The question is what is this other idea? if it's the same date, in the morning, and not too hard on the wallet, I'm still in!

36. bikerboy

See here is the deal, many people on this list say, YES DEFINIATELY SIGN ME UP. Only to have those people back out a week later.

The last time Russ did one of these there were several people who didnt show up and the rest of use had to pick up the difference. I dont blame Russ a bit, I would like to start one as well but I know better.

Here it is for me: If it involves driving something I am in if I say I can make it. I just wish it was the same for the rest.

:(! WANTS TO GO!!!

37. Grimm

Grimm New Member

Could do a pay first... then play.
    my less than 2 cents.

38. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Grimm

Could do a pay first... then play.
    my less than 2 cents.

sure you want my money? lol

39. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

here is the new thought. Being as most of the people in here are wearing skirts, I/we rent the place for 1 hour and just have 10 people go. That would mean there are no driver changes, and if we really wanted a endurance run, we could run for the full 1 hours straight. I would have to call, but I think last time we went it was $580 per hour plus tax ($62 per person). I can call and check on it this week if this seems like a good idea. We as a group would have to have our crap together. We would have to be there before our time to make sure we get our full hour. Just a thought.

Russ

40. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, here we go, make a couple of phone calls and such and they have done some price changes. Without or mnsubaru discount, time goes for $835 per hour all day on Sats. With our mnsubaru discount, anything before noon is $615 per hour, and after noon is 725 per hour. So it looks like we can go any time before noon and it would be about $62 per person (wasn't sure if tax is included or not) for the 10 people and 1 hour. We could do 1 full hour of straight seat time if we want (could see who the real men are, haha). I guess thats the plan, we just need a weekend and a time. If we can get more than 10 people I need to know asap. Last time we went we had 24 people and did 2 hours with 8 karts and teams of 3, and that was a incredible time. Let me know, I through out the different ideas and the prices are pretty firm (possibably plus tax). Let me know, I want to do so karting!

Russ

41. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be the first to back out (maybe), I'm not sure how I'll be getting back to town that weekend (10/9-10), but one option, a free one, gets me there at about 2pm Sat and I have plans at 4. So as much as I'd like to go, don't count on me being there, unless I can find another way home.

42. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, the 9th probably won't happen anyways because nobody is responding (again). If I don't see atleast 9 hands raised, I am not even going to make the phone call. So we need to get 9 (myself would be 10) to be willing for the 1 hours session and pay $62.

Russ

43. bikerboy

Hand raised

44. yosmiley

Hands up in the air!

45. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I will go

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

sure you want my money? lol
    Well of course I do, but there are some trust worthy people here, like Russ.