Prokart/christmas meet ***** CANCELLED****

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Nov 22, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was thinking about either Dec 13th or the 20th. The 20th will be a little more time for everyone, but it is also close to Christmas. Let me know what date work out better and we can get it all set up. Again, we need a MINUMUM of 10 to do the $62 for 1 hour. We could run that hour however we wantd (60min of straight driving}:)). If we can get more than we will have to go to the 2 hour setup and go from there. Post up what date and such.

Russ

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

either date for me and Franny

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'm game either date.

4. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

Since I'm new to the club where would this be setup at and what are we going to be racing?

5. ideate

ideate New Member

Yeah, I'm in.

6. Beej

Beej New Member

the 20th is 10000000x better because it is after finals for me, and there is no better way to finish a semester than to prokart

7. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Either one is good for me. :p

8. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

what time on the 20th?

9. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Somewhere around 9-10am. I am going to call Jeff today and see what he has open for the 20th and go from there. If we run before noon, it is only $620 a hour, so if we start getting more than the 10 people, we will need to bump it to 2 hours and go from there. It looks liek the 20th will probably be the day so it will give everyone a bit more time. I will post up what I find out later. We are also going to the maple grove prokart location.

Russ

10. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

I say make people sign a contract so they don't say "yes" in this thread and then back out later.

11. Beej

Beej New Member

or just take a non-refundable deposit

12. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Which location?
    I'd rather see at least 2 races. That way you can avoid potentially getting a bad kart the whole time and you can reverse the starting order.

13. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I MAY be able to the 20th, but I won't know until about a week ahead of time, I'd love to come if I can, but don't rely on it. hopefully you can add me on last minute if I can.

14. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

If i'm still rich by then, count me in.

15. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I might be able to

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, let me get something straight first, it looks like the date is actually the 18th (sat before christmas). I must have been looking at the nov cal when I pucked the weekend. Also we will need a final count if you are in or not. I know Matt and Vic, and I have 1 extra for sure. I figure we have about 7-8 people for sure, so we need a couple of more to hit the ten. I can make a couple of calls and get some of the guys to go that went last time. Let me know, and here is my list

Myself
    Troy
    Steve
    Matt
    Franny
    Vic
    Ideate
    TeamMNS?
    Gspot?
    Chux?
    Lvt?
    Speedemon?

Help me update the list. We HAVE to have min of 10 people to make this happen.

Russ

17. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

If lue is paying for me, count me in. Thanks lue!!!

18. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I can go

19. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well, there are a couple concerts that weekend that I want to go to, so I will most likely be there, but don't count on it just yet. I may end up staying here for that weekend (finals are the week after)

And with me will come at least 3 others

20. TrisNiN

TrisNiN Well-Known Member

I would, but have to work like a normal 9-5 bum :p

21. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

ChUx0r what other 3?

22. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

ChUx0r what other 3?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

anyone of a number of people that would probably come if either of us were there, i.e. malik, jeff jeff, bartzen, Zahner, fatty mac, harmann, etc.

23. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Ok, let me get something straight first, it looks like the date is actually the 18th (sat before christmas).
    I missed that you changed it from a monday. I can go then.

24. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i'm in, count me in. i can pay now to researve my spot.

25. Substeroo

I just realized that...

A: My daughter's 1st birthday party is that day.

and

B: I'm one of those guys that we always complain about ducking out at the last minute.

26. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

You just realized that?

27. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

You just realized that?

Joel, as he mention in section B...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

B: I'm one of those guys that we always complain about ducking out at the last minute.

Nuff said :D

28. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

What I meant was, I would have thought he'd have realized he's one of the guys that always ducks out at the last minute AGES ago. :)

29. Substeroo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

What I meant was, I would have thought he'd have realized he's one of the guys that always ducks out at the last minute AGES ago. :)

[xx(]

Sorry, it's not like I don't want to go and smoke you on the track Joel. }:)

30. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Cmon I'm just busting your balls. :D

You probably would beat me, whoever is the lightest guy usually wins. I'm not getting any skinnier. :eek:

31. Substeroo

I'm not serious at all Joel. If you know me, you know I am the king of sarcasm. Oh, and yes, I would smoke most of you guys except Fuji if we're basing it on weight. :eek: :eek:)

32. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

I would smoke most of you guys except Fuji if we're basing it on weight.
    What... your only 1/2 my weight. :p

33. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, who IS (not mabye IS) going to make it, post up. If this is going to happen I NEED to know. I know about Vic and Matt, but everyone else let me know.

Russ

34. kongzilla

I'm in Russ.

35. kongzilla

If Vic is a nice man, he would also pick me up. rite Vic.

36. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

If Vic is a nice man, he would also pick me up. rite Vic.

Kong, you know I'm always a good guy. If you're down on going for sure, yeah I'll pick you up.

Russ, I'm still in as always.

37. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

it's looking VERY good for me, in fact, I'll know for sure by monday. and I'll try to round up a few more.

it would also help if I knew what time exactly, I know in the morning but if we set a time, it'll be easier to make a commitmen (I hope you didn't already post it and I missed it)

38. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Figure a start time of 9-10am than run for a hour. It looks like we are only going to have enough people to do a 1 hour run, but that is ok. Keep posting if you are going to make it. I need to reconfirm this afternooon if we are going to make it or not.

Russ

39. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

make a list of people how many people we have so far?

40. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, my audition just go moved from Friday afternoon, to Saturday morning, I just sent my orchestra director an e-mail if I could still do it at the origional time, and I have no idea what the chances of that working out are (it's my first year here, I don't exactly know how they do things). Anyway, I'm out until further notice (should be by this evening)

41. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Figure a start time of 9-10am than run for a hour. It looks like we are only going to have enough people to do a 1 hour run, but that is ok. Keep posting if you are going to make it. I need to reconfirm this afternooon if we are going to make it or not.

Russ
    If you need people E-mail me and I will make it. Other wise I need to finish that 350 engine drop in, but they could do without me sat morning ...

42. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

#*&%$@!!! I'm officially out! It's probably for the better, financially, but still, dang

43. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Sorry guys, we can't eben get the 10 people to make the mini meet happen. So I am done, I can get someone in touch with the person who can get us deals at the maple grove location, but this was my last try. F it.

Russ

44. kongzilla

[Mod Edit]. I was ready to smoke some fools.

45. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Russ, I say we move to Chicago! At least there people will to to events as a group!