Prokart/christmas meet ***** CANCELLED****

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Sorry guys, we can't eben get the 10 people to make the mini meet happen. So I am done, I can get someone in touch with the person who can get us deals at the maple grove location, but this was my last try. F it.

Russ
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I figured you wouldn't get 8 other people with how the responses have been, but at least you tried which is more than the rest of us can say.

2. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Some of us work weekends and $60 is a lot for an hour. I'd maybe do it on a weeknight, but I already have to take one sunday a month off for a league.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The thing that people don't hear, is that the more we have, the cheaper it is. We could get it down to $30, but nobody actually goes.

Matt, when do you want to leave?

Russ

4. Gspot

Gspot New Member

It's cheaper then because you get half the time...
    Still the same value. I would actually be cool with $30 for half an hour, but as you know you'll never get 20 people.
    I'll be at prokart in Burnsville at 1 on January 9th, we could always try and get a $15 race or two then go eat at hooters or something. We can buy a pack of 10 races for $150 so 5 people could do 2 races at $30 each.
    Or if 9 people are willing to do the $30 we could do a race day.
    $30 Per Person
    Minimum of nine people. The race winner will recieve a ProKart Indoors trophy. Come watch your favorite race at ProKart Indoors and enjoy your own race at any of our three metro locations.
    Each Race Package Includes:
    Warm Up Session
    Qualifying Session
    A Minimum of a 20 Minute Race

5. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Russ,

Your efforts are valiant, but you have to keep in mind the group here. From what I have seen, it would be hard to get a decent number of people out if they have to spend more than $5-10 on an event. (regardless of the type of event) The only exception I have seen is for relatively cheap lapping at St. Cloud track for example. I also currently have a hard time putting $60 or even $30 down for an hour of prokart, and I live closer to the Maple Grove location than most. Besides the spending aspect, there's also a lot of hermits here it seems.. People that post and seem interested in doing events, then at the last moment bail (like me getting the flu for Vic's GT3 GTG :().

We used to do prokarting once every other week or so with the audi club, but that died off after a few months because it just gets too expensive.. I'd rather get new tires than go to prokart. Now we have a weekly "all you can bowl for $10" (which includes shoes) on wednesday nights which is a lot of fun.

I'll post in events to see if we can get a definitive list of things people in this group would be interested in doing as events over the winter, including spending limits.

Please don't take anything personally Russ, your enthusiasm and knowledge is greatly needed here!

6. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Matt, when do you want to leave?

Russ
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Packing bags!

7. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Matt and Russ, are you guys done packing? Wait for me as I'm coming along.