Prokart Indoor Jan 31st

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Jan 2, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well I did some calling and such, and being as we were just up the Blaine location last time, we will get a better deal on pricing. I call and they have the weekend of the 31st open (Sat morning), and I will get a solid price on monday. Jeff (the owner) wasn't in when I called, but he will call me on monday. Last time we were there, he told me he would only charge us for his facility time, and not the corporate time. That works out to be something like $400-450 an hour instead of $650 per hour that we paid last time. Once again, lets see if we can get 30 people to go, most of us know the drill. If we can get the 30 people we will run the endurance race, and if we only get 20 we will run the heat setups (unless we really want to get beat up). Let me know asap if you are interested and such so I can make sure we get the date and time. Again we will shoot for the 9am-11am slot to keep costs down, and everyone should be there by 8:30am to get started. If anyone has any questions, let me know, or if you want another weekend (the week before or after), please post it here.

Russ

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Russ,

I'm game for sure and more people as well. I'll give you the total confirmation soon. I had 4 people with me the last time and this time it may double or triple that count.

Vic

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well I will give everyone till next Friday (jan 17th). I have to make the reservation by than. They have Sat the 31st open, and we will get a discount if we go to maple grove. I think we will get in for about $450 per hour (paid $650 per hour last time). Lets start getting the count going to make this happen. I have about 4-6 people interested.

Russ

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I got everyhing squared away. We didn't get as good of a deal as I hoped, but it is still better than $650 and hour. We are in for $585 and hour, which brings us in at $42 a person at 30 people, and about $63 a person at 20 people. I think I have about 5-8 people in my group so far. Lets get a list going to make sure we have enough. Todd, gonna make it out this time??

Russ

5. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Todd, gonna make it out this time??

Russ
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

He is going to need to check with the wife to see if he can wear his skirt out of the house!;)

6. yosmiley

Did someone say Skirt??? :D Ok Ok Ok, let's get back on topic here.

Russ, in case you're looking for numbers... count me for 3 confirmed... unconfirm is 6.

7. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Count me in.....

8. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I'm checking with the wife. I'll let you know soon. ;)

9. Substeroo

I'm in! Do I need a helmet? :???:

10. yosmiley

Noah, you don't need a helmet. You could get one from there... I can't recall if there's a rental fee on the helmet or not. I have my own helmet though.

Russ, update... I have 6 people confirmed and climbing.

11. Substeroo

Thanks!

Also, Russ I have +1 unconfirmed.

12. Substeroo

<font face="Comic Sans MS">OK me +1 CONFIRMED. Do we bring the money the day of? And it's at Prokart in Maple Grove? </font id="Comic Sans MS">

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep, Maple grove track (just south of 101 and 94). Ok, so I think we are up to 12 confirmed people so far, and I have another 5-6 in the works. I think a little birdie told me Todd was making it. Joel?? Matt?? Kong?? Anyone else?? Chong, I saw you signed up the other day, lets get you in there. You wanted to go to maple grove in the first place. If I don't some more confirmed people by next week I will have to cancel. I don't want to go through what we did last time.

Russ

14. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I need to get a count this week. If I don't have atleast 20 people I am going to cancel our res. I have a good idea on how to run this event this time, and we will have a chance to run close to or over 300 laps. So lets get this thing going.

Russ

15. yosmiley

Russ, got 6 for ya. I'm still working on the other 4.

16. Substeroo

I got me +2 now confirmed. :cool:

17. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

I can confirm 2 and will ask another 2. Hope you get enough drivers! When will we know if the race is on?

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I think we are going to be set to go. I am waiting to hear from a couple of more people (including a couple of road racers). I will post later in the week, but I think we should be going. Here is my list so far.

Vic - 6
    John16v - 1
    Me - 4
    Noah - 3
    Todd - 1
    Olay - 1
    MJwrx - 2
    Matt - 1

If there is more or less, or of those number are wrong, let me know.

Russ

19. Substeroo

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Just need an update. If I don't get a couple of more I am going to cancel. I have about 5-6 people to call later. Please let me know.

Russ

21. yosmiley

I'm still at 6 peeps

22. Substeroo

I am still steady at <font color="blue">me +2</font id="blue"> confirmed.

23. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Sorry guys, unless we can get another 5-6 confirmed people by monday, I am going to cancel the event. I haven't heard back from about 5 people, and I have 4 more drop out on me. Hopefully we can cancel without have to pay anything. If you can make it PLEASE POST. If there is nothing new here monday morning, I am going to cancel when I go to work.

Russ

Here is my list

Vic - 6
    John16v - 1
    Noah - 3
    Todd - 1 ?
    mjwrx - 2
    Brian - 1
    Me - 1
    Matt - 1 ?

24. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Russ, count me in.

-Jordan

25. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Sorry guys, I am going to cancel the event. I only recieved one response, so we don't have the 20 people.

Russ

26. Substeroo

That's cool. :( I'll just tell my two.
    Thanks 4 tryin.

27. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I might just have to move it to another weekend. Jeff wasn't there, so they don't know if I have to pay the 10% penalty. Is there another weekend that works out ok for everyone??

Russ

28. Substeroo

Not until the end of February for me now. I'm planning on moving again soon. :)

29. yosmiley

Russ, let us know what weekend it is so I can inform whom ever that be that, I'll be busy and reserve my morning for karting hehehe.

30. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Sounds good. I was thinking the last weekend in Feb (29th?). I am not to sure yet. I have to see what my schedule looks like.

Russ

31. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, Feb 28th will work out for me. Anyone interested in going this time around??

Russ

32. yosmiley

Count me in.

33. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Well, Feb 28th will work out for me. Anyone interested in going this time around??

Russ
    Probably will work for me.. need to check with teh boss.. I mean wife. Do you want to start a new thread for the new date?

34. yosmiley

Jordan, don't need to worry so much about the BOSS... even my BOSS is coming along to run. Why not invite your BOSS to run as well?

35. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Jordan, don't need to worry so much about the BOSS... even my BOSS is coming along to run. Why not invite your BOSS to run as well?
    LOL!! That'd be the day :-( I'm trying to convince her to bring the subie to a track event this summer with me :)

I don't think my BOSS enjoys excitement as much as your BOSS. :-p

36. yosmiley

It's gonna take time to get the BOSS To accept what you do... I should know... been there, done that. Took me a good few years before she comes around to it. You'll get your chance... hope it's soon though LOL.

37. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

It's gonna take time to get the BOSS To accept what you do... I should know... been there, done that. Took me a good few years before she comes around to it. You'll get your chance... hope it's soon though LOL.
    Ah, my post can be read too many different ways.. Hehe.. She understands my need to go to the track, and she fully supports it now. I'm trying to convince HER to come to the track as well, and for HER to take her subie out onto the track. I think that taking your daily driver to the track will make anyone a better driver. Knowing how your car handles in different situations could safe your life in an emergency situation on the road. (the quattro club does emergency lane change / accident avoidance simulations as part of their track event exercises)

-Jordan

38. yosmiley

Say, when's the next Quattro meet... do I qualify? I don't have an Audi so I guess I'm not wanted eh?

39. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Say, when's the next Quattro meet... do I qualify? I don't have an Audi so I guess I'm not wanted eh?

Nah, last summer at Brainerd there was a modded WRX giving modded S4s a run for their money :-D There was also a Taurus SHO automatic that was hilarious to listen to around the corners. Had a very loud exhaust on it, so it'd come roaring up to the corner, then the driver gets off the gas and onto the brake and the car would go into idle and all would be quiet (except for some tire squeal).. then it would roar up again (and change a couple gears in the process) as the driver got back on it coming out of the corner. There was also a mustang cobra there that my puny A4 got to pass up (he was reluctant to let the little 4 banger by though)

http://www.glacierlakesqclub.org is the local chapter of the quattro club. (now called the Audi Car Club of North America, but it's faster to type qclub.. I suppose I could type ACNA, but I digress)

40. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, I better start a new topic.

Russ

41. yosmiley

Jordan,

Thanks for the info... I'd sure like to go to BIR. The only club that I know whose having one in BIR anytime this summer is through AARRF... even they have to group up with the Corvette club to bring down the cost. I know a few guys here who'll go for sure. Sounds like a plan... If you have any more info, please let us know.

42. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We can go to bir with the vintage car club. Mark from frozen rotors is a member, and asked us about going. I am tring to get him to go karting with us.

Russ

43. yosmiley

Russ, sounds good to me... I can't wait till the season kicks in on high gear.