Propulshun says it's here

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Zola, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Is a local AWD dyno a reality? Propulshun posted on the MNSC forums that theirs is here. Anyone got the afternoon off who can go down there and confirm?

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'd like to see it. :D

3. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

just went there today...its blue...lol...but the guy said that its not up and running yet...:(

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Where is this place at?? Phone #?

5. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

7. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Its offical, I was just there, I saw it with my own eye's. :D

8. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Do you know how much they are charging? Maybe get a group of people to go down there and maybe get a group discount???

9. Musashi

Erik,

I dont know, but it really does not matter at this point. There is suppose to be three AWD Mustang Dyno's by this summer, so imagine the competition. Anyways if everyone here in MNSUBARU wanted and agrees to do a group Dyno, I dont think there will be any problems finding a reasonable group rate.

We also got Todd E. who also works at another shop that is expected to get one of these bad boys. And the owner of Propulsun and I go way back.

Stay tuned. ;)

Chong

10. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

yeah, propulshun doesn't have the ramps yet, doh. But the owner of the place, yoom , himself has a WRX with gobs of stuff done, I was talking to him yesterday at rock falls. But I propose a UTEC tuning party there sometime soon, maybe to break in the dyno, I could call him anytime and see if we could get some sort of group discount, or Suby discount.

BTW, its a block east of snelling and University, in the same building as Checker, across the street from the perkins.

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

If he was willing to set up a utec tunning party, I know I could get some of the chicago guys to come up, along with Jorge (riftswrx from nabisco), and he is the man for utec tunning.

Russ

12. Musashi

Alright than, get some commitments, not like the Kart thang, but something like collect some money and we can go make an offer.

13. kickin_81

I talked a little bit with the guys from Propulsion at the Rock, and they didn't have much to talk about. I wonder how much power their WRX is running with. I saw how their WRX ran, and it wasn't being driven very well down the track. It ran consistant low 15's on the 1/4, but I think with proper shifting and a good launch, it would be very competitive. [xx(]

14. Musashi

Fong,

You have no idea, :D I know Yoom since he a just a prettly boy with lots of money, w/no knowledge about cars. I had to pinch myself when I heard that he was the owner of PropulShun. :D Imagine that.

Anyways his WRX does need a lot of work, I have driven it before.

I invited him to hangout with us and even talk with Todd E. and the rest of us to get some help with his Scooby.

Chong

15. kickin_81

Chong, I've heard that they can properly tune cars. Do they do Subarus?

16. Musashi

Fong,

I know Yoom, but I don't know his staff very well. But seeing as thought they always have alot of cars in their garage probably says something.

Chong

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have heard from multiply sources that they don't have alot of utec knowledge. They are also not a ecutek dealer so they don't do any reflashes. Just some things to think about.

Russ

18. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

I'm sure someday they'll have a good knowledge of tuning Subarus, but I don't see how there is any way they could have that knowledge now, given the lack of proper tools until they got this thing. Even if they go get training from TurboXS or whoever else, I'd still pick Jorge 10 times out of 10.

19. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have never even heard of propulshun even doing a utec tune. I don't want to knock they down, but I still want my car to live. If/when they get a credible base of good tunes, than I might look into it. They should have had someone atleast doing road tunes just to learn the software.

Russ

20. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

yea honestly when i talked to them last fall, they really didnt know a thing about subarus. I think they really only deal with Hondas, and i wasnt too impressed with the quality and cleanliness of their shop myself. Maybe they will learn but until then i would be better off tuning my own car on the road and just using the dyno for power numbers.

just my thoughts

Ben

21. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

yea honestly when i talked to them last fall, they really didnt know a thing about subarus. I think they really only deal with Hondas, and i wasnt too impressed with the quality and cleanliness of their shop myself. Maybe they will learn but until then i would be better off tuning my own car on the road and just using the dyno for power numbers.

just my thoughts

Ben
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    shaun knows quite a bit about them, he owned one, and yoom, he's a little slow with them. But yoom has a VF34, and utec plus all the supporting mods. He doesn't know how to dirve it. I asked what he was launching at, he said like 2200 rpm. that and he had his girl drive it more than him, told him he needs to sponsor me, I could use the parts he doesn't take advantage of.

22. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

now thats why...hmm..maybe his girl drives better than him....

23. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

i dont know who i talked to, must not have been shaun then.

still, i think we should give them a test on subarus, there engines, features, and heritage:D if you pass, then you qualify to work on and tune it.

thats just me;)

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.