Proving grounds 2k19.1

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Liftedsubieskato, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Liftedsubieskato

Liftedsubieskato New Member

Just wondering if anyone here attends pg in brainerd . Im a 4 year attendy and am hopeful to see more Subaru people there this year, my group has sites A29,A31 and C30 all vip. If you need space to camp lmk, usually a big party at the site.

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

PG as a whole sounds way too much like a dumpster fire for me. I've heard way too many negative things.

3. TC Lgt

TC Lgt Well-Known Member

I hit up all them ****z!

4. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to make it this year. Never been to a PG event, but have a few buddies that get a site every year near the drift event pad (I think).

5. JaloP

JaloP Well-Known Member

Same. Have a bunch of co-workers who go every year who are trying to get me there this year. We'll see if it works out.

6. Liftedsubieskato

Liftedsubieskato New Member

So many people say bad things about it but they don't go or they go and cause problems and get a bad reputation for it, I've been going for 5 years and I'm addicted to the weekend

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  7. derp

derp Well-Known Member

as a somewhat regular attendee of the PG event, it is absolutely a dumpster fire if you camp in the main party areas, and if you look for it or want it to be. there are a number of sites and areas, however, that are populated by more serious track competitors, and people that take track driving seriously. if you find the right pocket of people to camp with, away from the big parties, it can absolutely be a great weekend. the other upside of being with a group away from the main area is that you're also less likely to have the dip****s come by and **** with your stuff. let's not try to delude anyone - PG deserves no small share of the '****show' reputation because there are simply too many people that go to party and not to drive.

the other option is to get a hotel nearby. rooms do fill up, but there are a ton of options within a 20 minute drive that are great. one year i rented a cabin on one of the lakes up there, and had my wife and daughter with - they both enjoyed it. the upside there is you can enjoy all of the track stuff during the day, then go relax away from the noise at night. the downside is there's more of an expense.

I'll still attend proving grounds as I am able, but i'm less inclined to camp the older i get.

8. MN GT

MN GT New Member

Linky? And I LOVE to camp!
    -K

9. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

I'll be heading up there tonight after work, never had the car their before so should be fun to see what the wagon puts down on the 1/4

MidnightImpreza likes this.