Rear Subframe

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by TSTRBOY2004, Mar 18, 2020.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Just changed out the rear subframe on my sons 2001 Forester.

Seems the bushings are fubar...

anyone who works for Subaru can you help me out with what I need??

I am planning on picking up a set of lock bolts, but Im trying to figure out what I need for the other 4 bolts as far as bushings and how it all mounts exactly...

Seemed that they tightened down but the bushings are loose in there and when we drove it the car would randomly feel like the rear was sliding side to side... so I assume those bushings/bolts arent right etc...

any diagrams or part numbers would be awesome.. spent a while searching and everytime I think I have found a poly kit etc its for later cars... smf...

thanks for any help..

@Chux

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Haha, I was going to say the same... @Chux

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Oh, Hi! I don't work at Subaru anymore, but I do still have a few tricks.

www.Partsouq.com and parts.subaru.com both have VIN-specific complete parts diagrams. The diagrams are sorted and labeled differently, so I use them both, frequently simultaneously.

I doubt that you'll find a "kit" of any sort. You'll probably have to make a parts list and order them up. I've been shopping at the Toyota sister of www.subarupartsdeal.com a lot lately, and been very happy. The discount doesn't offset shipping on small orders, but if you get over $50-80 or so, it adds up.

Also, FYI, he doesn't post on here anymore, but Fuji works in parts at Morrie's Minnetonka.

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  4. euro

euro Well-Known Member

When i did the rear bushings on my outback sport I used parts.subaru.com to gather parts numbers and found most of them either individually or as groups on ebay (OEM Subaru branded).

5. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

thanks.. more looking for an answer but I found what I need fairly cheap... just gotta throw it back up and install them all.. smaller than I expected thats why I was confused haha... the subframe had pressed in bushngs, but these are like calimari ring looking things haha