Reverse lockout

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by ikpthegame, Nov 18, 2022.

1. ikpthegame

ikpthegame Well-Known Member

Been searching all night, how does the reverse lockout system work on my 2015 wrx? Right now it's not working, I'm able to shift into reverse without pulling on the lockout release. Not 100% sure if it's a factory shifter yet, I do know the car was modded b4 I bought it, but looked stock when I got it.

2. MikeD19

MikeD19 Member

Sounds like the reverse lockout cable fell down from the shifter assembly. I’m not sure what the process is to get it back up there, but I’ve heard it’s a pain. There are probably YouTube videos on how to do it.

ikpthegame likes this.
  3. ikpthegame

ikpthegame Well-Known Member

So today me and minnesotanice were taking a look at my car. Well we decided to try and figure this out. Took apart the center console. Found a perrin shift block installed. Well we also found out that my wrx don't have a lock out cable, it's a physical lock out. The plastic part is the lock out and has a nub sticking off the side. Well back to the perrin shift block, it wasn't installed properly. The bolts that hold it in place were not tight at all and the parts have spread apart from use. So adjusted it and now everything works like it should lol, some people's kids shouldn't work on cars.

Attached Files:

tangledupinblu and minnesotanice like this.