Rochester / S.E. MN

Discussion in 'MNSubaru - Regional' started by Steve in Minnesota, May 13, 2005.

1. Steve in Minnesota

Steve in Minnesota Well-Known Member

Pat

I'm thinking that when mnsubaru re-did the format that it deleted everyone's subscriptions to this thread. I know it did mine. I had to re-subscribe. I'm wondering if people think the thread died because they weren't getting e-mail notification.

I would be up for helping with your project. My wife is traveling for work all next week so I've got lots of free time. Taking the intercooler off isn't a big deal. If you remove the hose that goes to the throttle body though....it can be a pain in the butt putting it back on. Mine was when I did my downpipe.

Can you tell me how long it took you to do your springs? I'm thinking about trying to tackle it some evening this week while my wife is gone. My concern is that I would need to get it done in one evening because it will be my only vehicle.

Steve B

2. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

steve,
    Took me about 4 hours once I got going to install the springs. I think it took me too long. :oops: (I had air powered tools too!) I had some problems getting the new springs to sit right in the strut and the top mount but if things go right I really don't think it should take longer than 3 hours max. Just make sure you have the right equipment before you get started - essentially the spring compressors and a large breaker bar (and a buffalo :lol: )

3. pbedroske

Seriously, what happend to everyone???

4. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

Bob with the Evo called me this afternoon to kinda ask the same thing. He wanted to know if we were still meeting. All I could say is "**** if I know."

It kinda seems like everyone fell of the edge of the Earth. I'm sure everyone is busy but I kinda thought it was something worth participating in.

I've been doing the Autocross stuff up in the cities which kinda hoses some Sundays.

I would be willing to try again. I have another autocross next Sunday and will be on vacation the following two Sunday's and then have another Autocross on the 14th of August. How about next Saturday the 23rd???

Not to bee a leach...but I could really use some help with my springs and pulley. Even if it was people standing around giving moral support and drinking my beer. I don't know what it is about the springs and the pulley that intimidate me. I did my downpipe and front swaybar by myself with no problems other than it took a while.

How about next Saturday the 23rd at 6:00 everyone....anyone.

Steve B

5. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

Man, now I feel guilty. I have been way too busy at work recently and now I am out of town on vacation for two weeks. I hope the meets don't die. I will try hard to make them on my return. Steve, I feel bad that you still have not gotten your springs in. If they are still not done by the time I get back, I would be happy to help. Keep this going!
    Brad

6. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel guilty. I just didn't want to see the gatherings die. At least until I got my springs installed! Just kidding! :D

Like I said...I have tons of stuff going on too. Between a trip to Canada and Autocross my Sunday evenings are pretty much booked for the next month. I know how it goes.

Let us know when you are back from vacation and we'll schedule some type of get together.

Steve B

7. Herger

Herger Active Member

Thanks for the PM Steve, I've been checking this thread but since I've been gone most weekends, I didn't really have anything to add. I'm also in the middle of trying to find a new place to live (sorry to report that I won't be a Rochester peep for much longer). The 23rd should work for me, where are we going to meet? I wouldn't mind giving moral support while you put parts on your car. Saw a black STi today on the southbound side of 52 at 55th (Wally World exit).

8. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

whats up guys

i would obviously be down for meets i have just been busy lately, i am currently up north and i leave tomorrow to come back and leave immediatlely for portland oregon again to go work for PDXTuning. then when i get back i have to be up in the citied for school.

so i wont be attending any meets for at least a month unfortunately. when i can though i will try to get to them.

Ben

9. pbedroske

Steve, I think I can manage to stay in town for this weekend (Saturday 6pm). I've been busy myself with weddings and vacationing.

I just received my fuel filter, PCV valve, shift knob and sti shift plate. I need to get coolant, oil, oil filter, and air filter for 30k mile maintance. Does anyone know if I need anything else??? I know the shift knob and plate are not needed for service, harharhar! :lol:

10. LeiboSTi

Ben, that is awesome. Learn all the tricks of the trade, then I will let you tune my car to perfection! How is the H6 project proceeding?
    Brad

11. Steve in Minnesota

Sorry guys.....

I won't be around this weekend. We had a death in the family.

Steve B

12. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Sorry to hear that Steve. My condolences.

I logged in to say the same thing, but I will not be here this weekend as I have some company.

Maybe we can do this on a weekday?

13. pbedroske

I'm going to swing by Chateau Sunday at 5:30 if anyone is around and wants to come by.

14. pbedroske

I keep buying crap!!! Help me!!!

Just got in a Kartboy SS and bushing, and a K&N filter. And I have all this other stuff to install. ARGH! Help!

P@

15. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Steve helped me install my Kartboy SS/bushings. I can help you with the same. Weekdays work better for me as on weekends im usually busy.

You will need some simple tools. I think they have already been mentioned otherwise there is a nice thread on nasi*c about it.

Let me know!

PS: Steve, i would like to work with you to get your stuff installed as well. Maybe we can get ur and Pat's installation done the same day?

16. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

If you can do springs by yourself for the first time you damn well ought to be able to handle a short-shifter and bushings.

Go into it planning to destroy the old shifter bushing in the process of getting it out and life will be much happier.

I would offer to help but I am on Vacation starting tonite and won't be back for a while.

Have fun!

Steve B

17. pbedroske

Shifter, bushing, shift knob and STi trim are installed. Looks nice! too bad i don't have a camera to show ya'll cuz i know we won't meet anytime soon... :roll:

Bushing wasn't a problem at all. Old one came out, new one went in. Shifter was a little tricky as was the trim piece (required a little modification).

that's all folks!

pat

18. JBark

JBark New Member

Finally got my 9-2X all washed/waxed, so I took some pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If anyone sees me around Roch, feel free to blow by me, since I still completely suck driving a manual. :) The construction has been killing me, keep getting stuck in stop-n-go traffic on 52 after work.

19. Herger

Herger Active Member

It's official, I'm no longer a resident of Rochester. I'll still be working there a couple days a week but live in Lakeville. On the plus side, there is now only one Steve in Rochester with an '04 Platinum Wagon (i.e. I no longer have to be designated by "Lame Steve." I really wanted to show you guys my new tires too.

20. LeiboSTi

Well I finally gave in and ordered a Cobb Accessport. Should be here any day now. Anybody else messing with engine management?

Are we planning any additional meets soon? I have been out of town for a while, but now that I am back, I am ready to sit around and talk cars again.

Brad

21. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Brad,

I want to buy one as my first mod before I get TBE. or atleast thats the idea i get from "the technical subaru" website. I am just scared as I dont know much about EM or AccessPort, for that matter. I found some pretty cheap accessports on nabisco, so might get one if you can 'convince' me. :lol:

We can meet this sunday as saturday is supposed to be wet.

Let's have a subaru meet!

22. Steve in Minnesota

Hey guys!

I'm up for a meet but I have an autocross in Rosemont on Sunday. I wouldn't get back in town until shortly after 6:00 at the earliest.

Steve B

23. pbedroske

Steve,
    get those springs installed yet!? i've got nothing going on this weekend if you want help.
    pat

24. Steve in Minnesota

Pat (and anyone else interested in helping)

No....I don't have them installed yet. They're collecting dust in the garage.

HELL YEAH....I have time.... How about Saturday morning or Afternoon?

Steve

25. pbedroske

ok steve, i'll be there, just tell me when and what to bring.

26. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

How about 10:00? If that doesn't work....suggest a time. I'm pretty open!

I think I have the tools covered. I stopped at Autozone on the way home and borrowed a spring compressor.

I have sockets and combo wrenches. I have a floor jack and jack stands. I have a torque wrench. I also have most common hand tools.

Bring along anything else you think we might need.

What kind of pop/soda do you drink?

Steve

27. pbedroske

Leinie's Honey Weiss, Miller Lite, Guiness, IceHouse, Leinie's Red, MGD, Mich AmberBock, Rolling Rock, Mich Gold light, or Mt. Dew.

I'll try to get there by 10, but remember i'm a night owl. hopefully this will give us enough time to get your car back together for sunday! :lol:

28. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

Sounds like a plan!

289-3815 @ Home or 507-456-6209 on my cell in case you don't remember the way.

Steve

29. Steve in Minnesota

YEAH!!!! THE SPRINGS ARE IN! THE SPRINGS ARE IN! :D :D :D

Special thanks to Pat for contributing his experience, muscles and four hours of his time. I would be out there for several more hours if it wasn't for his help.

The job started out going really well. We started on the fronts and had no major issues. Then we got to the back. What a pain in the backside. There had to be a little Japanese guy at Subaru with a six foot breaker bar that installed the nuts that go on the strut bolts. The bottom ones on each side, which are hard to get at anyway, gave us complete fits. Pat finally got the drivers side one with brute strength. The passenger side one finally had to be cut off with a dremel tool and a cold chisel. What a paint in the a$$!

One nut, one socket wrench, one 19mm socket and one 1/2" to 3/8" socket adapter gave their lives so that I could have cool STI springs on my wagon.

Thanks again Pat!

I'll stop by the theaters tomorrow night when I get back in town from the autocross. Hope to see anyone or everyone there.

Steve B

30. pbedroske

:D :D :D TONIGHT 6:00PM CHATEAU THEATERS PARKING LOT.
    NOOBS WELCOME! -along with everyone else ofcouse. :D :D :D

31. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Hmm, an hour and 3 miles away...what do you guys do? Just hang out and bs or what? I'm just curious if I should stop by and say hi to some fellow Subaru owners.

32. pbedroske

yes, bs n' stuff

33. Back Road Runner

...and the noob part refers to what? lol

34. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

Sorry...I didn't make it. I got back in town right after 6:00 but Tami wanted to go down the concert by the riverside. Since I spent half of Saturday working on my car and all day today doing the auto-x, I thought I should go to the concert.

Next weekend?

Steve

35. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Man this sucks! we need to organize this properly. Looks like all of us (besides pat and steve) have been slacking. We need to start meeting up again before winter. I will be heading to firestone this weekend to meet the rest of the club but should be back before sunday.

Are you guys up for Friday/Sunday? Let me know.

Also, Steve; I ended up buying a Greddy Evo2 exhaust... just wanted to know if I need to get Kartboy hangers or stock ones should work? AccessPort should be here soon as well. Just need to get an up/dp.

36. Steve in Minnesota

Nabile

I first tried just the standard kartboy hangers hoping the stiffness would help with the contact issues I was having....no dice. The flange at the connection between the axel back and the next pipe was hitting on the end of a bolt on the rear differential. It actually wore a groove in the bolt head. I ended up going to the XL hangers and haven't had any problems. I don't like that it hangs down as much as it does...but I guess that's the way it is.

I am primed and ready to get the get-to-gethers going again. I don't have any weekend plans at this time until the end of September.

Figure out a time and a place (preferrably Sunday) and I will do my best to get myself and Evo Bob there.

The cat-back is an easy install...but if you would like some help...let me know.

Steve

37. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Thats awesome man! you knew i was going to ask for help :lol:

Looks like i will be in Minneapolis this sunday getting myself an AccessPort. I could meet friday if anyone is upto it?

Wanted get the silencer elbow delete done this weekend..

could meet at chateau or dairy queen.?

38. Steve in Minnesota

I vote for Dairy Queen. Name the time.

Steve

39. beeloo

beeloo New Member

7pm Friday night .. Dairy Queen. one on broadway? The other one hardly has any space for parking.

40. pbedroske

friday - no dice. got a friend coming into town i have to baby sit. maybe sunday will work out for me if i get back from the cities in time.

41. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I dont think i will be able to make time on Sunday as i meet the guy 6pm.

Anyone else up for Friday? :(

42. Steve in Minnesota

I'm afraid Friday is "no dice" for me also. I would be sleeping on the sofa if I took off on a Friday night w/o Tami. :D

Sunday is best for me.

Steve

43. beeloo

beeloo New Member

yeah i talked to her today and she said the same thing!

:lol:

i guess no go for friday :cry:

Well.. as soon as i am back on Sunday, i will drive by Dairy Queen to see if you guys are around. Good Luck!

Steve, I recieve my exhaust on wednesday, would like to show it to you next week, if you have time. Maybe I can talk you into getting an AP as well. :p

44. Back Road Runner

Mmm, Dairy Queen...

me? ...sleeping,
    so I can get some ZZZZZ's before I go next door(Marigold Foods/Kemps) at midnight tonight and work for the next 12 hours... :roll: We have some real ice cream there :D

Saturday or Sunday works fine for me.

45. Steve in Minnesota

Show it to me????? Let put the darned thing on Wednesday night!!! It takes more time to put it up on ramps and jack stands than it does to swap out the catback. It's two bolts and pulling the exhaust off of four rubberbabybuggybumper hangers. If it ends up hitting you can order the kartboy hangers and we can swap them out when they come in.

Let me know!

Steve