Rochester / S.E. MN

Discussion in 'MNSubaru - Regional' started by Steve in Minnesota, May 13, 2005.

1. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I'm quite familiar with the area between Wabasha and Eau Claire, so don't worry about getting lost!

2. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Pat,

You can use the calculator to determine what your speedometer is reading.

3. Steve in Minnesota

Steve in Minnesota Well-Known Member

Nabile

Your Avatar makes me dizzy looking at it! I don't know whether you are coming or going! :D

Steve

4. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

What's happening with your Accessport issues?

I wouldn't mind taking a ride in your car before and after the accessport. I'm trying to convince myself that thats what I want to get myself for Christmas! :D

Steve

5. pbedroske

nothing is happening with my accessport issues, and its pissing me off! :x I can't get a hold of the guy that sold it to me. Cobb needs him to call them for billing purposes. I only have is email and his address. I'm getting tempted to send it back to him and tell him he needs to refund my money or paypal will.
    any suggestions?

...i saw a used AP for sale on wrxfanatics.com for an 04 WRX if you're interested...

6. beeloo

beeloo New Member

If you've emailed the guy several times and he is not responding, I would call Paypal. It has been what, a month now? If he is not willing to co-operate, when it was his fault, all you can do is fight it.

Then buy another used one! ;)

btw.. any weekend that you guys are available, i would like to go to stage 2 .. :twisted:

7. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

That sucks! I would go to Paypal ASAP!

Nabile

I decided to have Matt (bikerboy) put my uppipe in. We're doing it at his place in the cities on Sunday the 13th. If you can wait until after that I will have a better grasp of the install peculiarities so you can avoid install-induced leaks when we do yours. For some reason I'm not comfortable with doing this mod until I have seen someone experienced do it.

Steve

8. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

If you wait more than 30 days after the payment was made before you complain of nondelivery, Paypal DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE. They will completely ignore any complaints about nondelivery or anything else.

Patience is NOT a virtue when dealing through Paypal. DO NOT wait for the 30 days to go by, or you are SCREWED.

9. pbedroske

I gave him an ultimatum to resolve this by friday. i may buy a different used AP then

10. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Wow! so you ARE getting it done!

I might be in Minneapolis on 13th, do you mind if I joined? It would be nice to see how it works and if I need to suck it in and get it done professionally.

Pat,

If you are not sure on buying one, you could ride in my car to see the difference between stage 0,1, and 2 (in future). Same offer for you steve.

11. Steve in Minnesota

Nabile

Let me check with Matt to make sure it's okay...but I don't see why not. I'll let you know.

Steve

12. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

...except for maybe three more times. But who's counting? :mrgreen:

13. beeloo

beeloo New Member

^LMAO!

I was waiting for somebody to mention my name then he would realize and ..etc.

it's all good.

14. Steve in Minnesota

Okay! I'm a dumbass!

If the shoe fits......

15. pbedroske

you guys know what rochambeau means??? :lol: not that it totally applies here

anyway the guy is going to give me $400 for the reprogramming of the AP.

also, my Ai-net connector came in so i'm working on making my Zen Micro work with my Alpine deck...

16. Steve in Minnesota

Pat

Glad to hear you're getting your AP issues straightened out.

What the heck is Rochambeau? I did a Google search but it came up with a whole bunch of different stuff.

Nabil

Sorry about spelling your name incorrectly again and again and a again!

I don't mean any disrespect....

My problem is that I type like a bat out of hell and sometimes my fingers type something before my pea brain has the time to figure out whether it is right or not! :D

All

Any of you guys figured out whether the guys in the cities are going for a drive again? If they aren't....want to do one of our own on Sunday?

Steveeee

17. pbedroske

18. Steve in Minnesota

So Pat.....are you inviting myself, Rob and Nabil to join you in a nut kicking contest? :shock: It takes balls to make an invitation like that! :mrgreen:

Note this is two times in a row that I have spelled Nabil's name correctly!

Steve

19. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Pat,

Glad that AP issue is being taken care of. I'm interested in your audio setup as well.. keep us updated. Dont think this setup is going to work for my stock cd changer, is it?

Steve,
    Dude, dont worry about it at ALL. I understand that my name is uncommon and people make mistakes with it ALL the time. Hell i can't remember any other names of rochester guys besides you, pat, and brad. So no offense taken and will not be taken even if you stil spell it wrong. :p

About the drive: I am tied up this weekend. How does next weekend sound?
    Also, I am going to sign up for the winter drive by BMW. anyone?

This sunday im headin to this: http://www.campbvc.com/lights_at_bluff_valley.htm
    Supposedly a romantic ride.. so Gentlemen, impress your ladies!

PS: Reading about Rochambeau made me laugh so hard that my nuts are hurting. esp. the nsync example

20. pbedroske

actually i was suggesting you and nabil rochambeau over the spelling of his name. i'll rochambeau the guy that sold me the accessport.

21. Steve in Minnesota

I was thinking about the winter driving school. I felt a little weird because I obviously don't drive a BMW (Not that I wouldn't like to!) If one of you guys sign up I will go!

Next weekend the wife and I are going to Bon Jovi at the Target Center Friday night and spending the night and Saturday in the cities. Sunday I have my uppipe install w/Matt. I don't have the slightest idea how long the install will take so I doubt I would be available for a drive.

Steve

22. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Glad to see that you are keeping busy. I spent yesterday clearing my headlights while doing other stuff around the house at the same time. It is a bit of a PITA but not hard to do. I like the look much better. I hope no one is offended that I did not warn you all ahead of time. I know that at one point we talked about doing them all together. I just finally decided to go for it spur of the moment yesterday afternoon.

Here is the deal: It takes about 10-15 minutes to get both headlight assemblies out. I masked off the bumper around the area to avoid scratching and was glad I did so.

Each light took 20 minutes to bake (I tried 15 initially, not enough) at 200 degrees. They came apart fine, but it takes a bit of patience, would have been nice to have a helper at this point.

Taking out the orange bits takes 8 seconds tops.

I purchased a roll of 3M butyl sealer caulk rope and placed all around in the groove to attempt to minimize chances of moisture inside down the road. I have a ton leftover so don't buy any, I must have enough for at least 6 additional sets of lights.

Back in the oven for 20 minutes for sealer to soften enough to push all the way back together.

10-20 minutes to put them back on the car.

So there is 80 minutes of baking time alone. I think we could do two sets in one afternoon at most 3 sets.

I am ready and willing to help any and all who are interested. In trade, I will accept help installing my turbo wrap and turbo back exhaust if anyone is willing (not required to get assistance with easy bake headlight mod).

23. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

That sounds like a fair trade....except for the turbo wrap part....that sounds like a pain in the butt! :D

I am pretty tied up this coming weekend but the following weekend is pretty clear.

Steve

24. LeiboSTi

The wrap will be the worst part for sure, should be easier with the DP off though.

We are heading back to NY for Thanksgiving next weekend. Leave on the 19th come back on the 28th. Have to go to a meeting in Bethesda the first weekend of December for work, perhaps mid December for exhaust?

If you wanted to do the headlights quickly this coming weekend we could do it early one morning.

Brad

25. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

This weekend is booked solid. Tami and I will be in the cities most of the day Saturday. Sunday Matt (bikerboy) is putting my uppipe on for me at his place in Eagan.

We'll shoot for the December sometime? Is your garage heated? Mine is insulated but not heated.

Steve

26. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Brad,

I can help with turboback. No exp. but extra pair of hands.

Steve,

Did you ask Matt about me coming over to help/watch?

27. LeiboSTi

As a matter of fact, the garage is not heated as of this moment...but as of tomorrow night it will be :D

Install all winter!!

28. pbedroske

Sent the AP back to Cobb today! yay. finally. well, I guess not finally because it's not installed in my car yet.

Brad has heated garage!? hmmm...

29. pbedroske

Winter storm advisory for Tuesday into Tuesday night...

I switched over to my stock tires. :?

will have an AP and Hella horns to install this weekend!

30. Steve in Minnesota

I think I smell an install day in Brad's heated garage! :D

Horns, Accessports, headlight clearing, little exhaust work.....Brad are you biting.

Bikerboy installed my UP pipe yesterday. What a complete pain in the butt....for him that is.....I drank coffee, talked cars and daydreamed of more power!!!! :D I highly recommend paying him to do the uppipe for those considering it.....expecially Nabil with your older car. It's not that the install can't be figured out....it's what happens if you break something or have a problem. Just as an example. On my 1-1/2 year old car a stud broke on the UP. No biggie cuz my Bosal came with studs.....but......now you have a nut stuck to the broken stud. Matt had the new Subaru nut and he a new DP to Turbo gasket since mine was questionable.

On a side note.....Matt gave me a ride in his STI running around 350 bhp at the wheels. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: My head still hurts from slamming my head into the seat as he accelerated! :mrgreen:

DP = No Problemo!
    UP = Teh Suck!

Just my $0.02

Steve

31. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Thanks Steve, glad you feel it is worth it! LOL the ride that is!

32. LeiboSTi

Install in my garage - no problem

Heat - will be delayed.

Turns out that the exhaust for the unit we were looking at would have to go through a wall near where we like to sit outdoors. Now my guess is that the heater would not be on in the same sort of weather that would allow us to sit out there. Nonetheless, we are looking into alternatives. We may use electric. Will still probably be heated this winter still, just need to get some more estimates.

Of course headlight mods are done indoors anyway...

Glad to hear the uppipe is on Steve, notice a difference?

I will be visiting Matt soon for some installs too.

33. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

As far as feeling the benefits of the uppipe.....butt dyno says :mrgreen:

Yeah I can feel it. I probably can't quanitify it...but I can definately feel the extra power......problem is .....now I want more.....might be an AP in my future a little earlier than I was thinking.

Would you be up for / available to help me with the headlight clearing this weekend?

I would be more than glad to help with your turbo back if you're ready.

Steve

34. LeiboSTi

I would love to, unfortunately, we are leaving for NY on Saturday morning. Perhaps in December?

35. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

Let us know when we will fit into your busy social calendar again! :mrgreen:

I'm in no rush!

j/k

Don't worry.....be happy!

Steve

36. Steve in Minnesota

1:00 today.....Hella horn install at my place! It will be a quicky but anyone is welcome to spectate or participate.

I can also show off my cool fire extinguisher mount that I made that is a complete and blatant theft of intellectual property from Bikerboy! :mrgreen:

Steve

37. kwikrs

kwikrs New Member

hey

Hey
    I haven't been on here in awhile, but i just wanted to warn you guys who live in rochester, 4 subarus have been stolen in the past week, and they attempted to steal mine, but couldn't. THey were all during the day and home. I was told that an STI was one of the ones that was stolen. I was told this all by a city cop. Just thought I would give you all a heads up.
    Brent

38. pbedroske

hey

Does anyone know where in Rochester? Is it a specific area (ie NE, SW, etc.)?

I've also heard that some people looking for specific cars will search local forums (such as mnsubaruclub.com) to find exactly what they're looking for. What car model, year, mods, location.

Everyone should then be on the lookout here and around town for suspicious activity. Don't give out personal info like where you live or where someone else lives or where you work, etc.

I wonder if it's the same culprits that stole yosmile's car in the cities...

39. kwikrs

kwikrs New Member

where

I don't know where exactly but i live NW and mine was broken into.

40. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

subaru's r starting to become like honda civics

41. Steve in Minnesota

hey

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This sucks the big one! Mine is always in the locked garage at home and I work outside of Rochester in B.F.E.

Might be time to get an alarm in the wagon!

Steve

42. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Mine is rigged with explosives, so please feel free to attempt to break into it anytime, you internet-thief forum lurkers.

43. LeiboSTi

cool, can you post a how to on rigging with explosives?

44. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

*suspicious glare*

Why, .. so you'll know exactly how to disarm it? HRMPF! ;)

I'll give you a hint, though:
    Don't use enough to blow up the entire car. That kinda defeats the purpose (learned THAT the hard way).
    Use jussst enough to take off part of a hand, or mess up a shin. Sure, you'll need a new radio, but that guy won't steal the replacement.

Another hint:
    Never cut the blue wire. Ever. (learned THAT the hard way, too).

P.S. Yes, I'm kidding. Probably.

45. Steve in Minnesota

The only explosions that occur in my wagon are after dinner at Fiesta Mexicana! :mrgreen:

I'm seriously contemplating an alarm though!

Steve