Rock Falls Run October 9th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Imprzya, Sep 2, 2004.

1. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Yia, my car runs right ~99% of the time.

Imprezya, I'm backing out this round. Hope you make good runs at the Rock and don't come back with a broken car, ok? There's some guys here who still may want to join you.

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Mr. F,

I can't believe your backing out. You got these girls all pumped out for nothing. I guess they won't be missing out much anyways after all its just the F'ster. :D

C

3. wrxchic

wrxchic New Member

Hey Imprzya... does your license plate say 'imprzya' or something like it?? I think I might have seen you/your car at Rock Falls earlier this year...

4. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Mr. F,

I can't believe your backing out. You got these girls all pumped out for nothing. I guess they won't be missing out much anyways after all its just the F'ster. :D

C
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My car drives very normal over 2000 rpm in every gear. Sometimes, the car jerks when I shift. I could go run my car to see how quick it is, but I know it will not be running at maximum effieciency and could tear up the tranny if the car jerks too much. I will go on another day after I install a new O2 sensor (thanks to BP Subaru for the 10% discount!) and get the high idle corrected. I'll post a new thread here when I'm able to make it to the Rock. }:)

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

What's high idle? Mine idles at 900.

6. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RallyNavvie

What's high idle? Mine idles at 900.
    A bouncing idle no lower than 1100 rpm.

Off topic, did you set your idle to run at that speed, Garrett? What does it acheive?

7. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxchic

Hey Imprzya... does your license plate say 'imprzya' or something like it?? I think I might have seen you/your car at Rock Falls earlier this year...

Yeah, those are my plates, but i havent been there this year, i had my car there last year, that scares me, hopefully nobody else had my car up at rock falls:(

I drove up to rock falls tonight, just to make sure i remembered where it was, its about 10-15minutes from the McDonalds on Craig Rd

So far this is who is going?
    wrxchic and bf with rx-7 (which i cool, because my friend is bringing his 2nd gen rx-7 and wants to talk to people who know about rotary engines)
    me
    my friends with thier various cars (evo, 240sx, supercharged focus, rx-7...

any one else?????

ok meet time?

my friends are meeting at 8:30am at the McDonalds, is this ok for everyone?

8. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Start another topic on idle control and I'll post my reply there. I've got too much to say to completely hijack ms. imprzya's thread :I

9. wrxchic

wrxchic New Member

Ok, I think 8:30 is too early for us to meet =( We live like an hour and a half to two hours away... I think that we could make like 9:10-10 a.m. But, I understand that that might be too late for you. So, if you want, you can call me 612-703-2406 and we might be able to figure something out, like maybe just finding eachother there or maybe just meeting your friends? Whatever works best is good for me.

The thing is, I can't check back on the forum tonight, I am not going to be home so I can't respond to anything like after 6. Sorry! So anyways, just call me or let me know or something. Maybe we can just meet there, too. Like I said, whatever works for you is good. If anything, I will just look for you! BTW my name is Katie if you call. But I'm sure I will see you tomorrow!

Oh, and that's good your friend wants to talk to my bf about his rx7.. he will love that! He is trying to find out more info too. Ok bye bye!

10. kickin_81

Have fun at the Rock! I hope to see some pictures on here from those who are going. I love drag racing, but I have to wait on this one.

11. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Well, i got to meet wrxchic and i a great time for my first day at the track. My best time of the day was a 13.87 @ 97mph, thats ok, but my driving could use some work!

12. kickin_81

That's a good time with your modifications. You've made a lot of boys jealous today. What did you cut on your 60'?

13. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

My 60ft with that time was 1.98

and yeah, i was the only girl driver there, they kept asking whatever guy was closest to my car about what i had done to it or whatever, oh, and i had one guy rip on my speedmonkee heat shield because it "cooled down the turbo way too much" :???:

14. kickin_81

LOL! It's funny to see guys' mouths drop when they see a racer take off the helmet and find out it was a girl who was whoopin' serious butt. In their defense, regular girls don't run fast on the quarter mile in a quick car, so they automatically assumed that your car was owned by a male. Maybe you can put on a "you just got passed by girl" decal on your rear bumper. :p

...and yes. You could get about a 13.5 if you work the 60' to around 1.80 seconds. The best I could muster out of 5 tries was a 1.87, so you're not too far behind me. :)

15. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Imprzya

Well, i got to meet wrxchic and i a great time for my first day at the track. My best time of the day was a 13.87 @ 97mph, thats ok, but my driving could use some work!

Good job! I have seen built sti's do 14.1 (not me)

The look on the boys faces must have been priceless!

What was the fastest subi time?

16. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Imprzya

My 60ft with that time was 1.98

and yeah, i was the only girl driver there, they kept asking whatever guy was closest to my car about what i had done to it or whatever, oh, and i had one guy rip on my speedmonkee heat shield because it "cooled down the turbo way too much" :???:

Good work Imprzya! :)

Wish I could have been there to see the looks on their faces, and hear about how having heatsoak makes a car faster ;-)

I'll probably be going out on Oct 9th with my slow car :-(

-Jordan

17. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Hey, im addicted, im prolly gonna go on the 9th again too. There were 2 subies with MN plates. An sti (blue/gold) with header/up and dp and a black vishnu stage 2 rex. The stis' best time was a 13.4 and the vishnu rex's best time was a 13.6.

18. kickin_81

Dang it, I would have been the quickest Scooby that day if I went... I'll try to correct my car for the 9th. Hopefully, I can get some members to go for their first time as well. :D

19. Musashi

Hey, im addicted, im prolly gonna go on the 9th again too. There were 2 subies with MN plates. An sti (blue/gold) with header/up and dp and a black vishnu stage 2 rex. The stis' best time was a 13.4 and the vishnu rex's best time was a 13.6.

I just spoke to the Black Vishnu guy, he said he was having problems with his reflash. Apparently he was only getting 14lbs after recieving his ecu back. Boy is he pissed! You can expect him to back back at the rock before the season is over. :D

C

20. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I'm sad that I missed it, but I couldn't miss the IDF benifit... It was a nice weekend so I would have brought the NSX, because my WRX is still stock, and is going to stay that way except the radio untill I get some more cash. The NSX wasn't cheep :(. I hope to make it to the one on the 9th.

21. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the black stage 2 WRX was Jeremy?

22. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

I'm going back on the 9th for sure, possibly with the STi this time:)

23. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

bump for the edit, anyone gonna join me?

24. Musashi

Enjoy! :D

25. bikerboy

Kristi:

Is it an import day or a test day?

If it is a test day I think I might go.

MAtt

26. kickin_81

The 9th is an Import day. I may post at the last minute if I'm going or not. I need to take care of my issues. :(

27. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'll make my decision by this Thursday. I have to take a look at Neefs tint job to see if I should bring my car in and get it tint or not.

If I end up getting a tint then I won't be able to go with you guys to Rockfalls.

28. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

I'll be there on the 9th.

Look for the A4 1.8T that sounds like an accord with big fart can :-p

29. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Ok, i'll be the only girl in a blue sti with gold rimz :)

30. bikerboy

You should skip the Rock and go on the sunday drive with us!

31. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

You should skip the Rock and go on the sunday drive with us!
    or both? :-D
    9th is Saturday.

32. bikerboy

DDOOOOH!

33. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Looks like i might be in st paul on sunday to pick up a rear sway bar ;)

34. bikerboy

Come with us for our drive see thread below

35. kickin_81

I regret to say this but I won't be able to attend Rock Falls this Saturday. I've been trying very hard to keep my mind on track with work, school, and my girlie friend. I don't think my schedule is Subaru meet-friendly anymore. :(

36. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

lame excuses :p

anyone gonna join me this time?

37. Musashi

Sorry NO FLY ZONE for moi, but I think my friend with the Black Vishnu WRX might be going, if not with his Scooby than with his NOVA on the fun day.

Enjoy,

C

38. rmrf

rmrf Well-Known Member

I'll have to check with the wife, but I might be able to go. I got all my fall chores done around the house last weekend when she was gone, so I racked up some brownie points. :) I have a friend with an RSX-S that I might bring along as well, that is if I come along. I will post here when I know for sure.

Darrick

39. kickin_81

I am well-known with last minute excuses every time an event comes close. :p

40. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'll meet those who are going at the track.

41. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

Fong your good at making last minuit excuses for everything. lets make that the last 30 sec.

42. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

Fong your good at making last minuit excuses for everything. lets make that the last 30 sec.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I can beat that record. :p