rock falls sunday Oct 12th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by kongzilla, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

Any one interested in going. Last one for the season.

2. sinks88

sinks88 Active Member

ive never been, but am super interested.....can you get me some more info? links what have you?

3. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

There is usually a group that caravans from the twin cities to Rock Falls.

Although their track prepping sucks, people still go just to have some fun.

All races are open to any import/sport compact car. NO CAMAROS, FIREBIRDS, MUSTANGS or CORVETTES ARE ALLOWED TO RACE at a Sport Compact Racing Event!!Time Trials begin at 9 a.m.
    Eliminations at 1:30 p.m.

Cost is just $40 for car & driver -- Race for money in the Quick 16 or trophies - same price!!
    Spectators $10

Win 2 rounds, win a trophy in regular competition.

Continuing in 2013 -- Is our Quick 16 Class for the Sport Compacts. Payout is $100/Win, $50/RU. There is also a free consolation race after 2nd round of all regular class eliminations and the payout is $50/Win, $25/RU. Last 4 competitors in the Consolation Race will win trophies!!

Helmets (Snell 2005 or newer required for 13.99 or quicker), Seat Belts & Long Pants are Required -- No Shorts, Nylon Pants or Tank Tops Allowed.

All drivers must have a valid driver's license. For those under the age of 18, a Minor Release must be obtained and signed by your parents/legal guardians prior to your racing. Only an original Release is valid. Once the Release has been executed by the parents/legal guardians, the Release is good for the entire 2013 racing season. To obtain a Release please contact Jennifer at (715) 858-0170 or by email at [email protected] . NO ONE under the age of 18 will be allowed to race until an original signed Release is in the Track's possession.

IMPORTANT TECH UPDATE: Effective 12/31/11, the Snell 2000 Helments EXPIRED and are no longer valid for use in drag racing IF you run 13.99 or quicker in the 1/4 mile. Please check your helmet and if you have a Snell 2000 you will need to replace it prior to competing in any competition at any NHRA sanctioned racetrack in 2012. Reminder that the Snell 2000, 95 and K98 helmets are expired and no exceptions will be made for use of this model of helmet if you are running 13.99 and quicker in the 1/4 mile or 8.59 in the 1/8th mile. Currently, acceptable helmets are the Snell 2005 and Snell 2010. Please also remind your fellow racers to check their helmets as well!! Thanks.

4. sinks88

sinks88 Active Member

I wonder if my helmet is fine?
    HJC CL-X6

Looked through the manual and it just says Snell/DOT approved. but of course I dont have any timed drags LOL

Im totally down for this! I guess if anyone else has any extra info please post it, otherwise I will peruse the intranets to see what I can find.

Thanks

5. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Look inside the helmet for the label. That's what they'll need to see anyways.

EDIT: This is what the internet has told me:

HJC CL-X6
    Standards: DOT / Snell-M2010