Rockfalls Raceway Cruise!!! [pics on pg 7]

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by kickin_81, Mar 31, 2005.

1. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Who's planning on joining me on the trip to Eau Claire, WI April 10?

Only 10 more days! :D

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Enjoy Mr. F!

I'll be at DCTC! Doing the Touge extreme..............}:)

Supa C :D

3. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

If my new alternator magically falls on my car, I'll go.

4. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

This is the first year you can race for money there now. Im outta school May 6th, after that, I plan on coming up to EC again. Does anyone have the rock falls schedule?

5. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Imprzya

This is the first year you can race for money there now. Im outta school May 6th, after that, I plan on coming up to EC again. Does anyone have the rock falls schedule?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Ok, here's the schedule for RF's whole year. http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/schedule.shtml

So I take it you'll miss this? I missed out the last time when my WRX was acting up with a bad IAC valve. :(

6. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

thanks, i'll let ya know when i plan on going

7. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

I think i will be heading up there on april 10th. Are you guys meeting up anywhere to caravan out there?

8. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

i will be heading up there. been there before, but first time racing. any tips?

9. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i havent heard if i'm allowed to go to this :mad:

10. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I'm in call me up fong

11. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i would totally go, if my car was ready, but it isn't, need brakes and front bumper fixed, probably go to the May 7th sport compact day, do it with me then too fong.

12. kickin_81

Lets get a caravan started.
    <ul>[*]Racing starts at 9 AM [*]it takes about 70-80 minutes to get there from the Twin Cities (at my speed) but could take more if we get scandelous [*]we will be waiting in line at the entrance for ~30 minutes
    ...so we should leave from our meeting spot at 7:30 AM[/list]

Anyone from Hudson? If not, we'll meet at the Target parking lot off of 94 and White Bear as we did the night we went ice drifting. :)

13. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

if i dont end up going to the 2nd day of dctc, everyone can meet at my house. I live 12 minutes east of hudson down 94 in hammond, wi...bout 35 minutes from ec

14. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

i havent heard if i'm allowed to go to this :mad:

why wouldnt you be able to go?

15. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Lets get a caravan started.
    <ul>[*]Racing starts at 9 AM [*]it takes about 70-80 minutes to get there from the Twin Cities (at my speed) but could take more if we get scandelous [*]we will be waiting in line at the entrance for ~30 minutes
    ...so we should leave from our meeting spot at 7:30 AM[/list]

Anyone from Hudson? If not, we'll meet at the Target parking lot off of 94 and White Bear as we did the night we went ice drifting. :)

If you guys want to roll with a caravan check out mnsportcompacts http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14081&highlight=rock+falls
    They have a pretty big caravan metting up at champs im woodbury I think i am going to meet up with them becuase a couple of my buddies are meeting up there.

16. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

17. AWDimprezaL

how much does this cost, to race, or to spectate?

18. AspitFire

http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/prices.shtml

Admission Prices

Money Cars & Money Bikes $75
    Trophy Cars & Trophy Bikes $37
    Saturday & Sunday Crew or Spectators
    (Includes Pit Pass & Free Parking)
    $10
    Senior Citizens & Students
    (ages 10 to 15) $5
    Kids under 10 Free

19. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

20. kickin_81

In other words, $37 to race your car (driver fee included) and $10 to spectate per person.

Good! We'll meet at the designated Target parking spot off of 94 and White Bear ave unless someone chooses a better spot. Also, we can meet JDGrimm at a gas station on the way there when we get close to where he lives.

21. AWDimprezaL

mint, im gonna run...i gotta get a baseline for the car, and i know it will be fun:D

22. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

see if i come! i went last year and i came back within an hr..it got pretty boring but since abunch of you guys are going i may consider it.

23. AspitFire

Good! We'll meet at the designated Target parking spot off of 94 and White Bear ave unless someone chooses a better spot. Also, we can meet JDGrimm at a gas station on the way there when we get close to where he lives.

Can you post a address of this target please, i am coming from Andover, and am not sure where this is.

24. kickin_81

The address where we will gather before heading out is: 1744 Suburban Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55106

:)

25. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

even though i'm not going, i've always thought the best meeting spot was McDonalds in hudson. You can't miss it and no matter where you're coming from in the twin cities, you have to go by it. That, and you get some much needed calories for racing. just my .02

26. AWDimprezaL

what time? early early?

27. hank0819

hank0819 Guest

hello, i have not been there before, can somebody tell me, what kind of race will be there? autocross or.......? thank you!!

28. AWDimprezaL

1/4 mile drags hank

29. AspitFire

The address where we will gather before heading out is: 1744 Suburban Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55106
    :)

Thanks! What is the offical time everyone wants to meet??

30. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i agree with bryan...mcdonalds in hudson would be better. That way anyone from the east side doesnt have to drive in the opposite direction to meet up.

31. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

i agree with bryan...mcdonalds in hudson would be better. That way anyone from the east side doesnt have to drive in the opposite direction to meet up.
    ahh, i wrote that...

[Admin] Fixed it for ya!

32. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

sorry man

33. kickin_81

I'm always open to ideas. Thanks for the suggestion. If no one disagrees, we can meet everyone there for breakfast and then head out.

This is the same McDonald's that I was supposed to meet you guys last year, but came late, right? :I Whoops!

34. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

yeah it was fong, like i said, you really can't miss it if you look for it right when you get over the bridge to wisconsin. I wish i could go... myabe, just maybe, if the brakes get here in time and i put them on, i may make it, but i don't know yet.

35. kickin_81

Bryan, by the way you're posting to this thread, I know you will be coming with. :D

36. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

eyy fong, you know my bday is comming up the 15th! you'll treat me in right? along with the food? and ride? and did i mention i'll be racing your car? =P

37. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

eyy fong, you know my bday is comming up the 15th! you'll treat me in right? along with the food? and ride? and did i mention i'll be racing your car? =P
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Let me include you in my tax return. So, when are you going to get your driver's license? :p

38. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

last i check, i've had it for awhile now...:p

39. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

don't say that yet fong, the brakes aren't even here yet, and there is no way i'm driving it that far the way they are now... here's how i look at it, if they arrive anytime before saturday, i'll go, if not, i'll wait.

40. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

You have to be 18 years old to do some runs right?

41. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedemon

You have to be 18 years old to do some runs right?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No. 16-17 year olds need their parent's approval. I think the parents need to be there to sign the paperwork. No approval, no racing. Anyone bringing a camcorder?

42. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i have a camra. but i dont think im going to go. its boring to watch. its only fun to race. then again, its opening season, there will be a ton of cars so the wait will be even longer. i'll think about it if you pick me up.

43. AWDimprezaL

Anyone gonna bring ice? i know i am...last time i went to the strip in my nissan i iced down the intake manifold for about an hour before my 1st run, and it was my fastest one (no im not gonna post the time because its just too embarassing):D so we are leaving target at 7:30, correct?

44. kickin_81

Kongzilla, my car is already packed. Call me the night before to see if I have a person back out.

I originally planned for the club to meet at 7:30 AM in town, but since we've decided to meet at McD's in Hudson, we can meet there, grab breakfast, and leave around ~7:45 AM. :)

FYI: For all who's going, please research the location yourself so if you, somehow, get separated from the group, you can still find your way there. :)

45. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

Anyone gonna bring ice? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hopefully, I'll remember to get some for the cooler.