Rockfalls Raceway Cruise!!! [pics on pg 7]

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by kickin_81, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

Anyone gonna bring ice? i know i am...last time i went to the strip in my nissan i iced down the intake manifold for about an hour before my 1st run, and it was my fastest one (no im not gonna post the time because its just too embarassing):D so we are leaving target at 7:30, correct?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Senior Citizens & Students
    (ages 10 to 15) $5
    Kids under 10 Free
    Camping Fee $5/person
    $10 max./vehicle
    (Free to Testers)
    Saturday Night Vehicle Parking $3 (Free to Testers)
    Team Rock Falls 2005 Membership $25
    Sorry, no refunds due to breakage.
    Ice is available at the track!

Also-----

NEW for 2005 -- Race in the new money class for Sport Compacts and the payout is $100/Win, $50/RU. There is also a free consolation race after 2nd round of regular eliminations which will pay $50/Win, $25/RU. Last 4 competitors in the Consolation Race will win trophies!!

Helmets, Seat Belts & Long Pants are Required -- No Shorts, Nylon Pants or Tank Tops Allowed.

So we all need helmets huh

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

They might charge for ice; I'm not sure though.

<font size="5">5 more days!!!</font id="size5">

3. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

If anyone needs to borrow a helmet i have a full face shield helmet that use for my bike, its pretty big cuz i have big hea... let me know i can bring it.

4. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

if i have tabs by then, i might need to borrow it.

5. AspitFire

Yes, they charge for ice, they also sell high octane race gas, but its hella expensive

so just for clarification 7:30~7:45ish at mcdonalds in hudson?

6. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i'll be bringing my own ice in a cool-her plus a beverage or three

7. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

so just for clarification 7:30~7:45ish at mcdonalds in hudson?
    Yes. We'll leave McDonald's at 7:45 AM. The boys should meet there before that to chat and get acquainted; earlier if they want breakfast.

Erik, bring three! I'll stock up my cooler as well. No beer though. No glass bottle are allowed on the premises.

***Something all racers should remember:
    -bring a helmet or borrow one
    -wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt
    -make sure you remove all loose items from the car before you race (My things will be set aside with our people)
    -have $37 if you plan to race and $10 per passenger who wants to get in
    -bring a bit extra $$ for food, gas, water, towing (hope not):I
    -have your driver's license ready
    -have all safety precaution checks performed on your vehicle before the trip (oil change/oil level check, air filter, sparkplugs, fuel filter, etc.)
    -yadda, yadda, yadda...

8. kickin_81

<font size="4">4 more days!</font id="size4">

I was just thinking that if we all left earlier, we wouldn't be in line that long and we'll find a spot to park the cars easier and closer to the restrooms.

Is 7 AM too early for everyone? 7 AM, as in, we leave from McDonalds...

9. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

Doesnt matter to me, earlier the better.

10. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

GOD I WANNA GO

11. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i'm thinking of just going in my corolla if i plan to go. dont bring ice. go buy those dust cleaner. turn it upside down and spray. thier you go. instnance ice. bring alot though.

12. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

go buy those dust cleaner. turn it upside down and spray. thier you go. instnance ice. bring alot though.
    Kong, that's cheap nitrous. :p Remember, it's flammable.

<u>So... what does the group think about leaving early?</u>
    Of course, you'll get less sleep, but you'll have a better day. Before people begin racing, you can check out the rides and even choose who you want to race. :D

13. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

does anyone have a tent/tarp thing we can set up?

14. AWDimprezaL

7 is good for me, the earlier the better, now waking my brother up in time, i guess he better stay over at my apt

15. kickin_81

Anyone feeling that they will miss the new 7 AM deadline? that it's a bad idea? that it's too early?

16. AWDimprezaL

well how about the ones that dont know how to get there go early, and the ones who do, go at the regular time, the early guys can save spots? (i have no idea if this is allowed)

17. AspitFire

i have no problem being there early, someone just set s time soon so everyone knows about it.

edit: what time do time trials start??? i dont want to get there to early

18. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

well how about the ones that dont know how to get there go early, and the ones who do, go at the regular time, the early guys can save spots? (i have no idea if this is allowed)
    I'm sure that when the group leaves, no one will still want to stay behind. Anyone else that won't make the specified time will have to make the trek themselves.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

i have no problem being there early, someone just set s time soon so everyone knows about it.

edit: what time do time trials start??? i dont want to get there to early
    Time trials start at 9 AM.

So the time is set:

<font size="4">We will gather at McDonald's in Hudson before 7 AM. We will leave McDonald's at 7 AM.</font id="size4">

...<font size="5">3 more days!</font id="size5">

19. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

dont' think 7am is too early, the few times i've gone i left at 6am, so i got there a little before 7, so 7 would be no prob if i go.

20. AWDimprezaL

yes 2 more days!!!!!!!

21. kickin_81

yes 2 more days!!!!!!!
    Do it like this...

<font size="5">2 more days!!!!!</font id="size5">

22. AWDimprezaL

i stand corrected

23. AWDimprezaL

can we say <font size="6">1 DAY!</font id="size6">

24. kickin_81

<font size="5">Yes, we can!</font id="size5">:D

25. AspitFire

26. AWDimprezaL

its only 40% chance in eau claire, im still going, it also said it was scattered showers. we'll be fine

27. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Hey what's up everyone. Just found out that I am not working tommorow, so I would like to go, BUT my car is not in the best condition right now , I was wondering if anyone has room for one more person to go with them. I can take care of my self :D interms of the fees..I could drive to the person's house in the morning and leave my car there....If I can tag a long with anyone who has room in there car...Please let me know my # is (612)722-0735...:)

Mohammad

28. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Mo, Erik is leaving is car at my place and is riding with me...you can do the same if you would like.

29. kickin_81

Time to go to bed! It's gonna be a long, hot day tomorrow.

30. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Time to go to bed! It's gonna be a long, hot day tomorrow.
    i'm long and hot.

31. kongzilla

its supposed to rain.

should i run my hachiroku. the book says it does a 18 sec 1/4.

32. AWDimprezaL

its not gonna rain...ive been doing my anti rain dance

33. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I hope that you guys are filming some of you runs

34. AWDimprezaL

no, but i lasted longer then everyone:D sorry to keep you guys there all day;) so yeah my best run was a 16.644 with a .108 reaction time, yes dissapointing, but i made sure to beat up on the civics and accords:p

35. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

fuji ran a few 16 flats...:eek: .....but it was fun! you guys should post up those pics you guys took!

36. kickin_81

I'm too tired to post pictures tonight.

At "Slippery Falls," this was the best I could pull out of my 100K-mile RS:
    R/T: ... .158
    60': ... 2.058
    330: ... 6.165
    1/8: ... 9.631
    MPH: ... 70.88
    1000: .. 12.656
    1/4: ... 15.222
    MPH: ... 87.80

This is what you can acheive if you have 124 HP! :D

I ended up racing only boosted cars, dammit! }:) Of course I lost!

37. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Today was awesome guys!! Maybe next time I'll have a vehicle thats safe to race. The only bad part was all those Hondas...we all need to go and show them up next time....get the subies out there in force and represent. I would've rather passed out of heat exhaustion than watch another two civics go at it. That white old skool Corolla was one of the sickest things I've ever seen. My sunburn is all your fault, Erik}:) and nice 14 flat today Justin :cool:

38. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

should i run my hachiroku. the book says it does a 18 sec 1/4.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">There were 2 Corolla GT-S' there running right below 18 seconds. Too bad you missed it! }:)

39. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

i'll be there next month to run mines....mohahahah....

40. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

dude! i just ntoice i got sun burn as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my face is all red!

41. kickin_81

You guys got cloud-burned. I remember no sunlight. I'm glad I brought a cap. :D

Dammit! I wanted a picture of that hot-hot-hot Japanese/Korean chic walking around saying she's "single for the day." :eek:

42. STiSchucky

STiSchucky New Member

Man i was up from Moorhead for this. I was hella pissed cause my cousin in the yellow evo only got to do 3 runs in while we sat out there for like 3 hours and got to watch his car go 3 times total. Nothin like a bunch of 16 second hondas screamin down the track. Ill never rush back to that place, I like Interstate dragways alot better and I recommend you guys come here to. You'll get your moneys worth..trust me

43. hercules

hercules New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I ended up racing only boosted cars, dammit! Of course I lost!

You guys got cloud-burned. I remember no sunlight. I'm glad I brought a cap.

Dammit! I wanted a picture of that hot-hot-hot Japanese/Korean chic walking around saying she's "single for the day." <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

:(!Dammit sorrie fellaz...i wish i could of been there... maybe kill some vetec ricer and hang wid those turbo ricer:D...i even called into my army drill that i wasnt gonnna make it but when i woke up on sunday it was like noon(i thought it was just a nightmare) i slept through my alarm:(!...kongzilla was all ready he was pretty disapointed agghhh im still mad:(!...but there's next month;) i guess thats what happens when u work too much....:mad:

:D o yeah fong u should of got that chicks number if not for u for us single guys c'mon what kind of :cool:TEAMPLAYER:cool: are u???
    no butts if she already have a boifriend...at least u could of taken her picture..ahaha

44. kongzilla

the hachiroku is going to make its appearence next month running 18.5's all day.

45. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

yea, I guess I went there. hahaha And I guess most thought I had a swap or something in this 'thing'. But I guess I got a better time than I suspected. Not too shabby for FWD performance. LOL

R/T ----- .648
    60' ---- 2.642
    330 ---- 6.743
    1/8 --- 10.308
    MPH ---- 68.39
    1000 -- 13.407
    1/4 --- 16.034
    MPH ---- 84.76