Rough Idle, Etc. Trying to Troubleshoot (logs inside)

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by p-unit, Sep 13, 2015.

1. p-unit

p-unit Well-Known Member

Car: 2005 LGT 5EAT (stock)

-At ~60k miles, the turbo went and took the motor with it. Now at ~140k.

Ever since the new motor the car shakes quite a bit at idle (sitting at a stop light with foot slightly on the gas). Idle appears steady, but perhaps low. Tried tracking down any disconnected vacuum lines, zip tied everything I could find. Cleaned and lubed the OCVs. Replaced PCV. Would like to perform a smoke test, but haven't found anyone local who said they could do one. Thus far, no CEL, no codes

I have a list of possible issues, but I'm trying to narrow it down before I go nuts with throwing new parts at the problem. One thing I did not is that the intake manifold o-rings were replaced with the new orange ones during the rebuild.
    1. Turbo Inlet Hose - was not replaced as part of rebuild, appears to be pretty swollen with oil and most likely has atleast one hole in it.
    2. TMIC - While all the tabs look ok, it looks like some oily blow-by has leaked out of the lower passenger side corner at some point.
    3. Injectors/Fuel Pump - seen this listed as a possible culprit, so it's at top of mind.

Now on to the logs & learning values. Let me know if there is a value I should have been logging, but didn't. (order of operations for the logs: Idle1, WOT1, Cruise1, Idle2, WOT2)

Turns out .csv files are not allowed; I've posted all the logs over on the LGT forums, see link:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rough-idle-etc-trying-troubleshoot-logs-inside-245192.html