SCCA National Challenge Rallycross July 13-14th at Isanti County Fairground

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by J.Rex, Jul 6, 2013.

1. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

July is almost upon us and it's been since May that we've been able to get our rallycross fix on. We have just the thing to get your car some dirt time. You may have heard through the grapevine that something big was coming for July, and those rumors are very true! For the first time ever, our region's rallycross program will be holding a TWO DAY! Blazing Sun National Challenge Event at the Isanti County Fairgrounds in Cambridge, MN! Mark your calendars down for July 13th and 14th for some dirty fun! Camping on-site, prizes, contingency pay-outs, and more are in store.

The SCCA RallyCross National Challenges brings competitive playing in the dirt to your neck of the woods. Drivers from nearby states get together to sling some dirt just like the big show in Tulsa. And if you've got game, you'll be crowned the Division Champion.

The competition takes place over two days over multiple courses - just like the RallyCross Nationals. Typically, for the Land O' Lakes region, the 1st day you'll get 3-4 run sets (2 runs per set) on one course. On the 2nd day we get to play some more on yet another course. You can plan on at least one session and possibly two. Unlike our regional events, ALL your runs count with any cone and gate penalties added to your time. And in RallyCross we have 9 classes divided between front, rear, and all wheel drive and then divided by stock, prepared, and modified. So there's a place for you to play.
    So come for the competition. Come for the camaraderie. For sure come for the fun!
    Registration Link
    More Info

2. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Rally Rally Rally! Let's get some Subarus signed up!

3. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

If only my Prius had more clearance I'd be all over this! :cool:

I really appreciate you guys working so hard to put these events up. As soon as my Forester gets back on it's FEET or NF has a vehicle I could pilot I'd like to come out to a few events!

4. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Signed up! It will be great to get back out for some rallycross.

5. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

anyone with an open seat?? still looking to co drive..

6. Jason.

Jason. New Member

I moved here from California just in time I guess. I will definitely be at this one looking to redeem myself from the lousy 5th place finish at the SOPAC National Challenge. Looking forward to get into rally here in Minnesota!

7. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Awesome! Will be great to see someone new from another region!

8. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'm going or not. I want to, love Nationals because I love it that every run counts. It rewards being fast from the start and rewards consistency. It's just devoting a whole weekend to it when there's other things I want to get done. I decide by Friday. Also, if I'm going, if someone needs a co-drive, my car would be available. I just don't want to tell you that you have a car if I'm not sure I'm going myself. I also may end up doing one day only as a compromise.

Ylime likes this.
  9. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

how you doin ;)...I would be up for co driving even if only one day..edit also registration ends today fyi not friday so you have to decide a little earlier if you want to pre reg.

10. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Today is the last day to preregister, who else wants to slide around in the dirt??

11. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Boo if I was in town I would be looking to co-drive!

12. Jason.

Jason. New Member

I don't have an FRS radio.. Is that a problem?

13. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

5pm? I don't get off work that early.

14. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Sorry, we didn't have control of when registration closes this time.

15. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Due to heavy rain, the event is officially cancelled for both days. We are very sorry, but there is standing water all over the course, and it likely will not be dry by Sunday morning.

16. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Bummer!! :( Guess i'll just have to catch up on rest that i haven't got over the past couple of weeks. Go figure, the rain caused that too! Lol