Scoobies for Boobies 2009 T-Shirts!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by turbo_turtle, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Team Scoobies for Boobies, in correlation with National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, are raising awareness in the Subaru community, by making t-shirts, and by raising money directly for the American Cancer Society to find a cure. I have joined their team in efforts to get MNSubaru as a sponsor for their fundraiser.

Show your support by either buying a t-shirt or by donating to the American Cancer Society, or both! :)

Instructions for buying t-shirts

To save on shipping costs, you can order your t-shirt(s) threw me. Orders must be received by October 31st! There are two ways to pay. You can either pay via PayPal or give me a check/cash on deilvery. Please post in this thread with desired size and quantity and I will save us all on shipping charges. Expected delivery date is the second week in November. Please note that the sizes are available in Men's, Women's and Children's sizes. Men's shirts are Gildan brand and Women's shirts are Bella brand. They are long length, trendy style and run a tad small.

PayPal for t-shirts
    Send $20.88 via PayPal to [email protected]. Please include a note of your online screen name so I know who you are. The extra $0.88 is for PayPal fees. PayPal payments must be received by October 31st!

Cash or Check for t-shirts
    You can give me a check or cash in the amount of $20. PM me for a mailing address if you would like to send it in the mail. Using either cash or check, I can take your payment now or upon delivery of your t-shirt(s).

Delivery of t-shirts
    The t-shirts will be produced by the second week of November. I will be picking up our bulk order of t-shirts as soon as they are finished. I will then deliver t-shirts at MNSubaru meets/gatherings and Friday night at Firestone. For people living outside the metro area, we can make arraignments for either me or someone else to deliver your t-shirt(s).

Instructions for donating to the American Cancer Society
    Donations are being accepted on behalf of MNSubaru and team Scoobies for Boobies. 100% of what you donate goes to the American Cancer Socitey. Any donations are tax deductible! In order to contribute to MNSubaru's sponsorship, please donate using the following link:

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/scoobiesforboobies_mnsubaru

Use the "DONATE" button at the top of the page. There are instructions to guide you threw the payment process. Donations can be received via check, any major credit card or PayPal. Your name and the amount you donate will be displayed on the in the fundraiser honor roll.

If you do not wish to disclose the amount you donate
    During the donation process, there is a box where you can type in "Anonymous" if you do not wish to disclose who you are. There is also a check box to not disclose the amount you donate. Please read the instructions carefully during the donation process.

How to get "MNSubaru.com" and logo on the back of the t-shirt
    Together, if we raise at least $100 in donations (not including the costs of any t-shirts), then we will have "MNSubaru.com" printed on the back of the Scoobies for Boobies t-shirt. If we can raise $300, then we can get our logo and website name printed on the back of the t-shirt! :) Please note that if we do not reach the $100 mark, we will get nothing on the t-shirt, but your money still goes to the American Cancer Society. In order for your donation to count towards our goal, you must use the link provided above. Donations must be received by October 31st!

~Dan

T-shirt list:

1. turbo_turtle (M) (Womens M)
    2. mnstilynwrx (L)
    3. Dynapar (L) (L)
    4. dhanso312 (S) (L) (L) (Womens XL) (Womens M) (Womens M)
    5. mrantegra (XL) (Womens M)
    6. sgrtits (L) (Womens M)
    7. BBsRS (L) (Womens M)
    8. RallyImp05 (M)
    9. 02blubru (XL) (Womens L)
    10. EggRoll (Womens XS)
    11. jinkm (XL)
    12. skylinerally09 (XL)
    13. ScandiaWRX (XL) (XL)
    14. bikerboy (XL) (Womens L)
    15. silver03 (Womens L)
    16. Box (XXL)
    17. tonyM (XL) (Womens L)
    18. RexNEffect (XL)
    Totals:
    (S) x1
    (M) x2
    (L) x7
    (XL) x9
    (XXL) x1
    (Womens XS) x1
    (Womens M) x6
    (Womens L) x4
    (Womens XL) x1

Total t-shirts: 32

Seagreen color
    = paid
    Red color = unpaided
    Seagreen and bold = paid and delivered :)

2. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

so are we going to pay you for them and you place the one big order that way they know you are picking them all up?

3. dhanso312

dhanso312 Well-Known Member

Count me in, I will find more people around my town too.. then I will get back!

4. turbo_turtle

Yes. For now please just let me know what size you would like and then I will start collecting money the last week of October. At the end of October, you can either PayPal me or just do COD in November. I can collect money at any meets/Firestone.

If anyone wants a t-shirt, the minimum price is $20. Please specify the quantity and size. You will get Men's sizing if you do not specify gender. Anything above $20 will be 100% donated to team Scoobies for Boobies.

Please remember that when you are signing up for a t-shirt here, you are committing to giving me at least $20. :)

~Dan

5. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

is there anyway you can post info about this for the people that dont know what this charity is all about?

Maybe make it easier so they dont have to go google it.

6. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

^^ good idea.
    I will take one L thanks

7. turbo_turtle

Unfortunately, it's as much of a mystery to me as it is to most people. :( Hopefully I can enlighten upon this story a bit.

'Scoobies for Boobies' is a registered fund raising team with The American Cancer Society. October is breast cancer awareness month, so SubieGirls.com decided to form a team to raise some money in the name of finding a cure for breast cancer. So if you put SubieGirls and breast cancer awareness together, you get Scoobies for Boobies.

Although it is not explicitly stated anywhere (sadly), I believe the Scoobies for Boobies team is designed to bring breast cancer awareness up, thus raising America's priority in the fight against breast cancer. All of the money the team raises goes to the American Cancer Society. This helps fund the find for a cure.

If you would like to chip in more than the minimum $20, I will pool the extra funds to donate online. If everyone here on MNSubaru donates in excess of $100, we will have "MNSubaru.com" printed on the back of the t-shirt. If we are able to raise $300, then we can add a MNSubaru logo (do we have one? lol). If we raise less than $100 (excluded the cost of the t-shirts), then I will simply try to get "turbo_turtle" printed on the back, lol.

~Dan

8. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

This was put together I believe by some members over on the forester forums.. I posted about it last year and it got shot down on here, cause it said boobies...

9. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I like boobies

10. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I prefer them over scoobies ;)

11. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

boobies, hooray for them.

12. RallyImp05

RallyImp05 Well-Known Member

so how would this work for the non cities members?

13. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

Are these American Apparel shirts, like shown in the photo? The only reason I ask is that AA tends to run small and it might affect what size people request. :)

14. turbo_turtle

That is incorrect, no offense. Both last year and this year's team was put together by SubieGirls.com.
    Well, I could probably make a trip to Duluth or send it up with someone who is going there.
    Oh, I'm not sure where the t-shirts are coming from this year. I'll find out for you.

~Dan

15. turbo_turtle

I got a very fast reply about the sizing.

"Men's shirts are Gildan brand and Women's shirts are Bella brand. They are long length, trendy style and run a tad small."

~Dan

16. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I think it would be awesome to get MNSubaru on the back of the shirt as a Sponsor, having the logo (swoosh w/ MN cut out) would be awesome as well. I am not so sure about the turbo_turtle idea though ;)

Put me down for a Mens Large. Also I am willing to throw in some extra for getting MNSubaru on the back.

17. dhanso312

I agree exactly with Dynapar, I will donate a bit extra if we can get the logo on the back..
    I will start the order list for me here:
    Men's Large (2)
    Women's XL (1)
    Women's M (2)

18. mrantegra

mrantegra Well-Known Member

Men's XL (1)
    Women's M (1)

19. sgrtits

sgrtits Well-Known Member

Men's L (1)
    Women's M (1)

thanks for doing this!!!!!!!!!

20. BBsRS

BBsRS Well-Known Member

Men's L (1)
    Women's M (1)

I'm down for name(MNSUBARU.com of course) and/or logo.

21. RallyImp05

I want one (mens m) but I don't have a paypal or a way to get one. (my divorce left the bank account in interesting shape...) so I can give you cash or mail a check

22. dhanso312

My order I will guess is going to be getting longer!

23. 02blubru

mens xl
    womens L

let me know where to paypal

I know some members frequent duluth and could possibly help getting shirts up there.

24. turbo_turtle

This just in... the girls are not doing the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk this year. Sorry to mis-inform everyone.

But they are still fund raising! :)

~Dan

25. turbo_turtle

I have added everyone to the list in the first post!

Yes, it would be awesome! We'll need to raise $300 to get our swoosh logo on the back.
    No problem, just let me know here.
    Cool! Sounds like we'll have no problem getting t-shirts to Duluth then.

~Dan

26. RallyImp05

so I can give $ to whomever brings up the shirt?

27. 02blubru

so my question is.... are the powers of the club that be okay and for us putting the logo and our name on the back of the shirt? if so how do we raise the money to make that happen?

28. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

We've already noticed this, thanks Bill.
    I am sending a PM now......

29. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Womens xs please!

30. 02blubru

was sure you did. just wanted to make sure some action was being done or find out what I needed to do to help out.

31. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

You sir, are a good man. :)

32. turbo_turtle

Yes. Although I would prefer pre-pay via PayPal or check/cash, you can pay me upon delivery of the shirt(s). Payment details coming soon!
    Hashing out some details with the powers above now... Instructions for how to donate for MNSubaru.com are coming soon!
    Added you to the first post!

~Dan

33. jinkm

jinkm Active Member

hooray!

Count me in! Mens XL

We pay via paypal?

34. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

Sorry Everyone

OK, the officers discussed this and either MNSOC or MnSubaru.com will not be able to make a donation to get our logo on the back of these shirts.

The only way we'll be able to do it, is if the donations are raised FOR the club by the members. Meaning everyone that is buying a t-shirt, will need to donate extra to raise the money for the sponsorship. And no guarantees can be made that the set amount will be reached.

We apologize, but right now, that club money is allocated to other things such as site enhancements. (coming soon)

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Also, thank you to Dan for putting this together.

35. 02blubru

Thanks for looking into it tony.

How much money needs to be raised to put our name on the back??

36. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

^^ $300 over the cost of shirts

37. RallyImp05

I thought for just mnsubaru.com it was $100 and for the logo it was $300

38. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

Doesnt matter if its $300 or $100. the club cannot pay for it. If that money IS raised, then we can certainly use the logo OR put the name on.

39. Dynapar

Thank Tony for looking into it. I was never expecting the club to step up and donate to get the logo ont he back, I always assumed it would be the members that would be the financial factor in that. I had overlooked that we should have requested permission to use the logo/name from the officers, though.

I am still willing to fork over some extra cash for a shirt w/ something MNSubaru on it. from the list on page 1, if everyone pays an extra $6.25 per shirt we can reach the +$100 mark for a website name. it would be almost an extra $20 per shirt for the logo, that is all based upon current demand (in the first post) and that everyone wants to donate the same / minimum amount to achieve the goal.

40. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

^^^ good point Martin, Also, that $6.25 is about what you could expect to pay if Dan (turbo_turtle) wasnt picking them up.

41. skylinerally09

skylinerally09 Member

I would like an XL please :) i will paypal. AND^^^ i like this idea alot.

42. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

(2) XL

Please. And I will kick in a few extra bucks too.

Amy

43. Dynapar

I think we may need to find a way to keep track of the financial progress towards our potential goals ($100 or $300). This would allow us to monitor how close we are to hitting the $100/$300 mark. However I am unsure how this should be done as it would require people disclosing how much they are donating. any thoughts?

44. 02blubru

maybe tony would take charge and people could pm him with what they will donate. I think it should be someone with "power" in the club.

45. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

One XL and one L please. Let me know where and how.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.