Scoobies for Boobies 2009 T-Shirts!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by turbo_turtle, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

I can work with Dan (the OP) on this. Might be hard to track, AND people will have to understand that if the amounts aren't reached then we're out of luck.

Also, I understand what people will WANT to donate, but I'll need some confirmation of the donation. I hate to say it, but we can't assume everyone did it and be surprised

I'll look into it a bit more and come back with some more information tomorrow.

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

I have added everyone wanting t-shirts to the first post. I will contact everyone via PM when the time comes to start collecting money.

That is correct. The money will have to come from members donating, not the office of MNSubaru.com.
    I am working on a system which will show how much MNSubaru members have donated towards the site name/logo goals. People will have the option to disclose or not disclose how much they donate. Instructions will follow.
    This is possible if it makes you feel more comfortable, but it gives someone else more work to do. I will leave it up to the moderators to decide if they don't feel comfortable with me collecting the money. I am happy to provide some credentials and references if you like.
    Amy- I'm putting you down for Women's sizing. If you would like Men's sizing, please let me know.
    The donating system I am working on will automatically track those who are willing to disclose. For those who are not willing to disclose, I will have to manually keep record. Records will be reported to TonyM as needed.

Indeed, people must understand that if we don't reach at least the $100 goal, we will have nothing to show. Whether we meet our goals or not, 100% of the money still goes to finding a cure for breast cancer. If a few people are willing to donate $25, then we will be at $100 in no time.

TonyM- I will be sending you a PM regarding the tracking system.

~Dan

3. jinkm

jinkm Active Member

I'm down to pay extra for the MNSubaru logo :D

4. turbo_turtle

Yippie! :biggrin:

I have come up with a great payment system for both donating toward getting our name/logo on the shirts and for buying the actual t-shirts. I am simply waiting the go-ahead from the mods.

~Dan

5. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

Dan, I am reviewing the info you sent me. Thanks so much!

6. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I'll take a womens L. thanks

7. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I am excited for the unveiling of this tracking system. I am assuming that it will track donations once you have received $$ from people, in order to give an accurate measurement of excess donations.

8. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

It looks as though we will be tracking these separately.

You buy a shirt through Turbo_Turtle (Dan). Then you have the option to donate on behalf of MNSubaru. Once we reach the goal levels, we should be OK to get the printing on the back.

Dan and I are working together and he'll have us all updated probably tonight.

9. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Shouldn't it be MNSOC, not MNSubaru?

10. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

^^^, no, since were doing this on behalf on MNSubaru. there no reason why we would HAVE to do it on behalf on MNSOC.

11. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Thanks dan and tony for the efforts in making this happen.

12. dhanso312

dhanso312 Well-Known Member

Thanks Very much to you two!
    could I also add 2 women's mediums to my order:
    for a total of 2 Men's Larges
    1 Women's XL
    2 Women's Mediums
    My list might get longer... I will keep posting
    Thanks again!

13. Box

Box Member

Put me down for a XXL.........what can i say I'm the Box thats the only size that will fit.

Thanks again to dan and tony for doing the leg work on this.

14. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

Dan, thanks for the call today! And thank you AGAIN for putting this together.

Put myself down for a mens XL and a womans L

15. mrantegra

mrantegra Well-Known Member

I don't have paypal so I might have to meet up.. let me know when I have to pay by ( give money to turbo_turtle)

16. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

it looks as though everything will need to be paid for by oct 31. We'll have exact info posted tonight.

17. turbo_turtle

Team Scoobies for Boobies, in correlation with National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, are raising awareness in the Subaru community, by making t-shirts, and by raising money directly for the American Cancer Society to find a cure. I have joined their team in efforts to get MNSubaru as a sponsor for their fundraiser.

Show your support by either buying a t-shirt or by donating to the American Cancer Society, or both! :)

Instructions for buying t-shirts

To save on shipping costs, you can order your t-shirt(s) threw me. Orders must be received by October 31st! There are two ways to pay. You can either pay via PayPal or give me a check/cash on deilvery.

PayPal for t-shirts
    Send $20.88 via PayPal to [email protected]. Please include a note of your online screen name so I know who you are. The extra $0.88 is for PayPal fees. PayPal payments must be received by October 31st!

Cash or Check for t-shirts
    You can give me a check or cash in the amount of $20. PM me for a mailing address if you would like to send it in the mail. Using either cash or check, I can take your payment now or upon delivery of your t-shirt(s).

Delivery of t-shirts
    The t-shirts will be produced by the second week of November. I will be picking up our bulk order of t-shirts as soon as they are finished. I will then deliver t-shirts at MNSubaru meets/gatherings and Friday night at Firestone. For people living outside the metro area, we can make arraignments for either me or someone else to deliver your t-shirt(s).

Instructions for donating to the American Cancer Society
    Donations are being accepted on behalf of MNSubaru and team Scoobies for Boobies. 100% of what you donate goes to the American Cancer Socitey. Any donations are tax deductible! In order to contribute to MNSubaru's sponsorship, please donate using the following link:

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/scoobiesforboobies_mnsubaru

Use the "DONATE" button at the top of the page. There are instructions to guide you threw the payment process. Donations can be received via check, any major credit card or PayPal. Your name and the amount you donate will be displayed on the in the fundraiser honor roll.

If you do not wish to disclose the amount you donate
    During the donation process, there is a box where you can type in "Anonymous" if you do not wish to disclose who you are. There is also a check box to not disclose the amount you donate. Please read the instructions carefully during the donation process.

How to get "MNSubaru.com" and logo on the back of the t-shirt
    Together, if we raise at least $100 in donations (not including the costs of any t-shirts), then we will have "MNSubaru.com" printed on the back of the Scoobies for Boobies t-shirt. If we can raise $300, then we can get our logo and website name printed on the back of the t-shirt! :) Please note that if we do not reach the $100 mark, we will get nothing on the t-shirt, but your money still goes to the American Cancer Society. In order for your donation to count towards our goal, you must use the link provided above.

~Dan

18. turbo_turtle

I have edited my other posts in this thread in efforts to reduce confusion for anyone one reading this for the first time.

I have also updated the first post in this thread with all relevant information.

~Dan

19. dhanso312

could I add one more men's small to my order!? Thanks!

20. turbo_turtle

^ Added one men's small for you!

Up to 30 t-shirts now. :)

~Dan

21. dhanso312

Awesome!! Thanks! I should be paying within the next few days here.. might have to donate some also! Get us a bit closer to that $300 dollar goal!

22. Dynapar

Awesome setup guys! I will be dusting off my paypal account in the near future here.

23. 02blubru

Shirt payment sent

donation sent, which by the way it is a very easy process, but I could not see an option to donate via paypal... I might of just missed it though.

24. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

Paid for shirts. Still planning on donating as well.

Amy

25. Dynapar

Dan,

Add another Men's Large to my order. So my total will be 2 (L) Mens. I will send you additional paypal monies now / monies are sent.

Also PLZ donate to the fund for getting our logo on the back of the shirt!!!!!

26. Dynapar

If $30 more are donated we can get the website on the back. $230 more for the logo and website, we can reach this goal!

27. 02blubru

I hope we get the name on at least. I know I will enjoy wearing the shirt more knowing I am reping the club along with the great cause

28. Dynapar

I have no doubts we will get the website on the back. But I am really pulling for the Logo, that would be awesome. There seemed to be a lot of interest in donating to the cause, lets see how many are handraisers.

I agree 100% that I would enjoy wearing the shirt more w/ the club stuff on it.

29. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Payment made!

30. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Put me down for one XL. I'll have to pay you on Friday by paypal after I get paid.

Also, I'll be donating to the Cancer Society as well. Is the cut-off time the same as for the shirts to get our name/logo on it?

31. turbo_turtle

Yes! Donations must be received by Oct. 31st for it to count towards getting our name on the back!

~Dan

32. turbo_turtle

Ok, I have received everyone's payment. I updated the first post in this thread to reflect who has paid and who hasn't. I would appreciate if people paid by Oct. 31st, but COD is an option.

Thank you to those who have donated to finding a cure.

~Dan

33. dhanso312

I will pay by Thursday, my dad comes home from Detroit Thursday morning. So I will get the money and send it your way!

34. skylinerally09

skylinerally09 Member

MONIES SENTTTTT :D

oh and anyone make frequent trips to and from the cities to duluth ?

35. 02blubru

reminder to those that are ordering anything bigger then xl need to pay a 1.50 extra for each "x" over XL

I dont want turbo turtle to get caught paying that since he has already done so much work to make this happen.

36. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

Tony,
    If you come and get these bottles out of my garage I'll buy a shirt.
    -Ted

37. Twin_Cities_WRX

Twin_Cities_WRX New Member

I'm not sure what I like more, Scoobies or Boobies. I will have to scrap for an extra $20 somehow. I have 0 hours at work for the next 2 weeks though =[

38. 02blubru

bump... come on people just a few days left to place your order.

39. Box

Box Member

I will be sending money on friday night. Whats the total i need to send for the XXL t shirt??

40. turbo_turtle

$20.88 via PayPal or $20 cash in hand. The shirts do cost an extra $1.50 for any X's above XL, but I am willing to cover that cost in the name for selling more t-shirts.

~Dan

41. Dynapar

We still need $30 more to get the website on the shirt. Lets make this happen

42. RallyImp05

RallyImp05 Well-Known Member

let me know when shirts are making their way up to dtown so I can be sure to have cash in hand.

43. turbo_turtle

Yes, I will notify everyone when the t-shirts are available. I'm expecting mid November.

~Dan

44. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Once I get paid tomorrow, I'll be kicking in $10 for this.

45. dhanso312

Money was just sent!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.