sideskirt painting mini group buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by jNorthWRX, May 9, 2005.

1. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

dream did you get ahold of him about your bumper? and when will you be ready? i am ready whenever and it sounded like flipndabrd was too, beeloo are you gonna be able to get yours up here or are you gonna pass?

2. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I think im going to pass. Sorry guys. Maybe next time.

3. jNorthWRX

sorry about that beeloo, so silver guys what day works for you? i talked to dream tonight at firestone sounded like the bumper will be ready and i can have my skirts off and drop them off whenever, flipndabrd what day works for you? should we all try and drop them off sometime on tuesday? i will drop them off after work so it wouldnt be till about 5 anyway so if we all get them there sometime tuesday and then he could do them wednesday. what do you guys think?

4. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

I have a pretty tuff work schedule, I think the earliest I could get mine off and over there would be Wednesday, and probably noon by the earliest. I am still in even after a fight with the wife over this. I just really wish that we had two more that would go in on this to drop the price. Is Wednesday OK for you two? Wondering if that have that rock chip paint stuff, it's a different finish but a lot more durable.

5. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

ok, so silver is coordinating, how about blue, who's in what color? I'm confused here, anyday works for me, but i'd rather do a day earlier in the week for 2 reasons; one i'll have it done before the weekend, and 2 i'll be down there already on friday and thursday, so i can be as conservative with gas as possible. what are everyone's thoughts here?

6. jNorthWRX

flipndabrd, wednesday would prolly work too. it doesnt really matter to me honestly i just wanted to do it sometime this week, depends on when dream has him bumper ready too i guess. as far as the paint goes he said he has done quite a few of these so i am assuming whatever he is doing must work. lets wait to see what dream says and we can all get it finalized.

7. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

OK blue guys, what day do you want to do this? You guys can drop them off whenever you want, but he wont paint them until he gets all 5 sets. So the faster we get them there, the smaller the turnaround time. i am going to either drop mine off tuesday aternoon, or wednesday morning.

8. Tenzin420

Tenzin420 New Member

can i be in? blue

9. AspitFire

yea, i am sure you can be. Just drop them off at hamline sometime this week, ask for brad, and tell him its for the mnsubaru group. Then he will paint them all when he gets all

10. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Hey tenzin is your car BRP too?

11. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i'm dropping mine off on tuesday then. so we just walk in and ask for Brad and say we are in the MNsubaru group buy? I know the receptionist Michaellyn, her parents are the ones that own it, i wish she could hook us up, but she can't.

12. AspitFire

yea, just bring them in and tell brad that its for the "mnsubaru wrb sideskirts" if you guys have any questions e mail me. But we need to get these there this week, i dont want to ride around town all week without my sideskirts.

13. Tenzin420

Tenzin420 New Member

my car is blue.
    so how many blue people are 100% sure they will be dropping theirs this wk sooner we all hand em in sooner we get it back and the wkend will be much better.

what time does brad work i mean i would like to hand my sideskirts to him so what time is best to go to the shop.

14. AspitFire

im not sure what time, or when he works, if you would like to call the shop and find out the number is in the first post of the page. Again the sooner everyone gets there there, the sooner they will be done. Mine will be there no later then wed, probably tues morning.

15. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

But we need to get these there this week, i dont want to ride around town all week without my sideskirts.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    true dat.

16. Tenzin420

Tenzin420 New Member

ok people lets do this within this wk and show off our sideskirt at firestone this wkend hahaa

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well I will only be able to drop off one set sometime this weekend. Since my truck got trashed I don't have the money to do either set, but I will get one one done. I won't have a chance till friday to get to my space set and drop them off. Unless Hamline is open past 7pm?? Anyone have any directions or a address so I can mapquest it??

Russ

18. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Well I will only be able to drop off one set sometime this weekend. Since my truck got trashed I don't have the money to do either set, but I will get one one done. I won't have a chance till friday to get to my space set and drop them off. Unless Hamline is open past 7pm?? Anyone have any directions or a address so I can mapquest it??

Russ
    http://www.hamlineautobody.com/

19. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Russ

thats fine if you can only drop off one set, becuase we have an extra member doing this also. Please let me know once you all have dropped them off so i can call brad and make sure he got everything ok.

20. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

mine will be there tomorrow between 12pm-1pm, depends on when my art history final gets done.

21. jNorthWRX

silver guys? dream i saw you posted a link for someone but i didnt see anything on what day you will be able to get the bumper there, i will prolly be dropping off my set tomorrow (tuesday) after work so mine will be ready wednesday morning if you guys are.

22. jNorthWRX

flipndabrd, i dont know if youve been readin this but silver is on hold till prolly later this week or maybe early next, dream has to finish up some work on his bumper so we'll wait till then.

23. Flipndabrd

I plan on getting mine off on Wednesday Morning. How hard are they to take off? Think this can be done in the parking lot of the shop? One more question. Those with 2004, has anyone aranged anything with the little black piece that is above the skirt behind the back door?

24. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

I plan on getting mine off on Wednesday Morning. How hard are they to take off? Think this can be done in the parking lot of the shop? One more question. Those with 2004, has anyone aranged anything with the little black piece that is above the skirt behind the back door?
    pretty sure its just plastic clips, if that's the case i don't see why you couldn't take it off in the lot.

25. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

well its 12:30am, took me 5 minutes to take my skirts off. 6 clips underneath, you'll need a flathead, then one in the front wheel well, you'll need a phillips there. so i'm dropping mine off tomorrow after my final, hopefully it can be done by friday, anyone needs help with anything let me know. Russ, if you need someone to drop your skirts off, let me know, i'm free all week besides finals for 2 hours tomorrow, thursday and friday, other than those 6 hours i have nothing to do.

26. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

well mine are dropped off, just got home, was there for a good 30 minutes chatting with Brad, he's a really cool guy. I just went in asked for him and set everything up for us. Again, he can't start paint until they are all there, that's why the cost is cheaper because he can do it all in one pass. So get them in ASAP. Any questions you can call my cell 763-443-1152, or i can help if need be.

27. Tenzin420

Tenzin420 New Member

sorry guys
    last nite i was on 35w north minding my own bussiness when i was picked on by a rsx, it had a fuking loud exhust, well i hold my cool for another couple of min then i couldnt take it anymore so i downshifted to 3rd and smoked his ass but in doing so we both got pulled over and both got a big fat ticket, just my luck.
    wellz it messed up my whole budget and i cant afford anything now
    maybe next time guys, sorry people

28. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tenzin420

sorry guys
    last nite i was on 35w north minding my own bussiness when i was picked on by a rsx, it had a fuking loud exhust, well i hold my cool for another couple of min then i couldnt take it anymore so i downshifted to 3rd and smoked his ass but in doing so we both got pulled over and both got a big fat ticket, just my luck.
    wellz it messed up my whole budget and i cant afford anything now
    maybe next time guys, sorry people
    ok, great now we are down to 4 sets of skirts, i am going to say this will probably raise the cost of the buy, but my guess not by much, when i drop mine off i will ask brad.

29. Flipndabrd

Dream, I am want to drop my skirts off tomorrow. Any chance you can have that bumper ready before the weekend so we don't have to look like clowns driving around with out skirts? Is the silver on the WRX the same as the Sti?

30. jNorthWRX

hey flipndabrd i'm not planning on dropping off my skirts until i hear from dream about the bumper, not sure if you understood that in my last post so i was just lettin you know.

31. Flipndabrd

Then I will put mine on hold too. My number is 952-210-6836. Let me know when we can get this going.

Matt

32. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

update, what's going on blue?

33. AspitFire

mine will be there thursday afternoon, wrx1 said he will have his there friday. not sure about mnautomatic

34. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Count me in if there BRP (again) colour pple. Do on thursday after 4pm. So where I drop them off at brad's place?

35. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I will get mine there either thursday or friday. I am not sure which day yet though.

36. AspitFire

ok, so all blue will be there by friday then, we should have them either monday evening or tuesday afternoon then ( im guessing)

37. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ok, im ready anytime guys.

38. jNorthWRX

alright dream, did you talk to brad again and ask him if the price he quoted you on the bumper was with the sideskirts? i am going to give him a call this afternoon and see what the price will be for the sideskirts now that we've got 2 sets and a bumper. We might as well just wait till next week to drop them off, what do you guys think? earliest i could get mine there would be tomorrow after work and it would be too late for tomorrow anyway so i could drop them off monday after work instead, then they'd be ready right away tuesday morning to work on. would this work for you guys? drop them off sometime monday or before and have everything there by tuesday morning for them to work on?

39. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jNorthWRX

alright dream, did you talk to brad again and ask him if the price he quoted you on the bumper was with the sideskirts? i am going to give him a call this afternoon and see what the price will be for the sideskirts now that we've got 2 sets and a bumper. We might as well just wait till next week to drop them off, what do you guys think? earliest i could get mine there would be tomorrow after work and it would be too late for tomorrow anyway so i could drop them off monday after work instead, then they'd be ready right away tuesday morning to work on. would this work for you guys? drop them off sometime monday or before and have everything there by tuesday morning for them to work on?
    I just called him and left a message, ill probably drop mine off tomorrow.

40. Flipndabrd

Ok silver group. I am still in but will not be able to drop my skirt(s) (;) till Saturday because I work all day tomorrow and I live in Guam. (shakopee) If they are open on Saturday I can drop them then, otherwise I can drop them maybe on Next Tuesday. Let me know.

Matt

41. jNorthWRX

flipndabrd. i just missed you callin me back cause i was takin mine off, i'll be droppin them off tomorrow and dream's bumper will be there tomorrow too. they are only open monday through thursday 7-5:50 and friday 7-5. that sucks, not a huge deal just get them there whenever you can, let us know when you are plannin on. i think dream is in a hurry for his bumper, my skirts arent a big rush though. where and what time do you work, is there any way you could get them there before work on monday or somthin? just thinkin maybe if you work downtown or somthin. i wonder if they have a way for people to drop things off or pick them up on weekends, prolly not but you can call them and see http://hamlineautobody.com/ there number and stuff is on there, the guy we are workin with is brad hubert.

42. Flipndabrd

Dream, where do you live? If you are going up there tomorrow and live anywhere in the south suburbs maybe I could send my skirts with your bumper up there. If not, I think Tuesday would be the earliest if they are not open on Saturday.

Matt

43. AspitFire

ok i dropped mine off this morning. WRX1 and MNAUTOMATIC please let me know when you drop yours off so i can call him and tell him thats all we have. Thanks again

44. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

Dream, where do you live? If you are going up there tomorrow and live anywhere in the south suburbs maybe I could send my skirts with your bumper up there. If not, I think Tuesday would be the earliest if they are not open on Saturday.

Matt
    I am in the south but my bumper is at bikerboy's and he is dropping it off for me. Sorry.

45. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I dropped off my set, and so did steve-o. Right now there is 4 sets for blue, so brad is going to wait till monday unless someone calls and lets him know to paint it.

Russ