sideskirt painting mini group buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by jNorthWRX, May 9, 2005.

1. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

yea, i will call him monday and tell him to start painting

2. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Yeah, I talked to him today because I got a little behind schedule. he said I could drop them off monday mourning and painting wouldn't begin till sometime later monday anyways. How the hell do you pop these things off though cause I was trying to today and I must have been missing something. Very sorry though that I am the last to get mine there

3. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MNAutomatic

Yeah, I talked to him today because I got a little behind schedule. he said I could drop them off monday mourning and painting wouldn't begin till sometime later monday anyways. How the hell do you pop these things off though cause I was trying to today and I must have been missing something. Very sorry though that I am the last to get mine there
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    pretty simple, you have those 6 clips underneath, take a flathead, put it in one of the slots on the side, put it under the inner layer, and twist the screwdriver, should pop right off, may need to do both sides of clip. then there is one in front wheel well, that is a phillips head, i just yanked that off after screwing it forever, seems fine.

4. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Well I got my runners off, prolly not the best way because I kinda got a problem. While taking them off they starting popping off over the underside clips. I initially thought this to be fine thinking I could take them off later but now I can't. For the life of me I can not get them off. I have tried a flat head as well as just yanking on them. They wont come off though. Anyone got some ideas as to how else I could try to get them off?

5. AspitFire

all i can reccomend is use a flat head, and when you have them half way out, use a plyers head to pull them the rest of the way out.

6. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

sorry but i need an update. is everyone's dropped off?

7. Brad

Brad New Member

Hey people this is Brad from hamline auto body.

8. Brad

Brad New Member

sorry for posting twice anyway i have 5 sets of rocker mldgs here what I need to know is if there are any more I should expect or can I get these done for you guys. I also have one set of silver rockers to do also, so if any silver guys want in let me know as soon as possible. Thanks for the opportunity and if there are any questions please feelfree to call me at 651-224-4717 or email at [email protected]

9. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Well I just dropped my skirts off. He asked me if I was the last blue and I said yes after looking at his list. If there is any other blue that got in on this buy or can drop theres off sometime tomorrow you NEED to call him today. He is starting this afternoon on the blues so you gotta call cause he thinks I am the last one which I am as of now

10. AspitFire

Yes, you were the last, i will call and e mail brad tomorrow. I think he may have tried to call me today, but i missed the call.

11. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

I'm still in for the silver and plan on droping them off Wednesday Morning. I think we have two sets and a bumper for the silver group. My work schedule prevents me from getting them to you any earlier. Sorry silver group.

Matt

12. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

flipndabrd, i talked to brad today and eriks bumper is also there now, so his bumper and my siderskirts are ready and waiting for silver so whenever you can get yours there. i told brad i was going to get ahold of you tonight and let him know when yours would be there so i'll tell him you'll get them there wednesday morning.

on another note, has anyone gone to the dealer yet and got new trim pieces? (the black 3m tape strips that go along the top edge of the skirt) i was just wonderin what dealer had them and how much they were, i'm gonna try checkin brooklyn park subaru tomorrow.

13. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jNorthWRX

flipndabrd, i talked to brad today and eriks bumper is also there now, so his bumper and my siderskirts are ready and waiting for silver so whenever you can get yours there. i told brad i was going to get ahold of you tonight and let him know when yours would be there so i'll tell him you'll get them there wednesday morning.

on another note, has anyone gone to the dealer yet and got new trim pieces? (the black 3m tape strips that go along the top edge of the skirt) i was just wonderin what dealer had them and how much they were, i'm gonna try checkin brooklyn park subaru tomorrow.
    i already checked that on Subaruparts.com
    they are part #96074.
    They go for $15.58/peice, so like $30 total for the two
    find them here: http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?model=5A&year=2002&style=WRX&body=sedan&scn=9&category=921-1
    think you could get the same or better price at BP, ask for Brett.

14. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

...and again i'd like to thank Brad at Hamline for the great buy, sorry if we've caused you any troubles or inconveniences over our skirts.

15. jNorthWRX

30 bucks for 2 rubber strips????? holy jebus, i think i'm gonna check around for an alternative, i'd rather find something that would work in clear or silver anyway, some autoparts store around must have some 3m adhesive trim or somthin that would work, thats all the factory stuff is anyway.

16. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jNorthWRX

30 bucks for 2 rubber strips????? holy jebus, i think i'm gonna check around for an alternative, i'd rather find something that would work in clear or silver anyway, some autoparts store around must have some 3m adhesive trim or somthin that would work, thats all the factory stuff is anyway.
    probably would work. I wonder if brad knows any good alternatives that aren't priced as high.

17. AspitFire

alright, talked with brad, he is going to start painting them today or tomorrow, he will have them done either thursday or friday!

18. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

awesome, glad to here i'll have them for this weekend. I get paid friday too, i'm full of joy...

19. jNorthWRX

flipndabrd, just wonderin if you dropped yours off this morning and if you did if brad said when he'd start painting, hopefully we can have them back by the weekend.

20. Flipndabrd

I did drop mine off as promised, so silver group is a go. Brad did mention that his paint schedule is full for the next couple days so I don't think we are going to get it back by the weekend.

I did pull off the little black pieces of plastic behind the rear pass doors and he is going to spray them too. If you live near the shop maybe you could drop yours off as well if you wanted them colored too.
    I think the top clips on them came out fine, but the bottom broke off. I am just going to use some epoxy and glue them back on when they are done painting them.

While we were standing in the bay looking out at hw 280, a civic crashed in to this woman's car that sent her into a semi. The civic then raced off down a side dirt road but must have came to his senses because he returned like five minutes later. Crazy stuff.

21. jNorthWRX

hey guys i looked a little bit for an alternative for the rubber strip piece that goes along the top of the sideskirt and couldnt find anything so i called brad just a little while ago and he said they are going to try and reuse the old ones. so if you dropped yours off with the rubber strips still on dont go buy new ones yet, if you took them off yourself and threw them away then that sucks. for the silver ones he said they are gonna try and get them in tomorrow and have them done by the end of the day, if not sounded like monday then.

22. Brad

Brad New Member

hey guys brad from hamline here. here is my paint schedule I am hoping to get paint on all parts friday a.m.which means i will be able to get them to you friday p.m. we have gotten quite busy here at the shop so the paint shop is pretty backed up. I will post friday morning and let you know if they will be done by friday p.m. Also all of the rubber gaskets between the rocker mldgs and the rocker panels will be able to be reused. So don't buy new ones. If any one has questions give me a call 651-224-4717 otherwise I will post tomorrow Thanks again Brad

23. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Brad

hey guys brad from hamline here. here is my paint schedule I am hoping to get paint on all parts friday a.m.which means i will be able to get them to you friday p.m. we have gotten quite busy here at the shop so the paint shop is pretty backed up. I will post friday morning and let you know if they will be done by friday p.m. Also all of the rubber gaskets between the rocker mldgs and the rocker panels will be able to be reused. So don't buy new ones. If any one has questions give me a call 651-224-4717 otherwise I will post tomorrow Thanks again Brad
    thanks man, glad to hear the gaskets can be reused, they were expensive as hell. but just let us know when they're done, i'll probably call you tomorrow after 2pm.

24. AspitFire

talked with brad today, and he said he will post on the board tomorrow when/if they are done. just so you all dont bombard him with calls :D

25. Flipndabrd

Just a note, Monday is a Holiday. Probably shoot for Tuesday if they are not done by Friday. Side note, With the black skirts off and looking at the nice silver paint from the body beneath, it makes me wonder if I should have just plugged the holes.

26. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

Just a note, Monday is a Holiday. Probably shoot for Tuesday if they are not done by Friday. Side note, With the black skirts off and looking at the nice silver paint from the body beneath, it makes me wonder if I should have just plugged the holes.

i was thinking the same thing, but it will look 100 times better ones they are back on and the same color as your car.

27. Brad

Brad New Member

UPDATE Hey guys Brad from hamline looks like I will NOT have parts done this afternoon sorry for any inconvenience I will post tuesday with another update. Again sorry I did not get them done..

28. AspitFire

:(

29. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

ahhh, oh well, they've been off my car now for a week and a half, 4 more days won't hurt.

30. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

No biggie, wouldn't have been able to pick them up anyways

31. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

will they possibly be done tomorrow? Just checking in to see any progress.

32. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Any update?

33. jNorthWRX

anyone heard from brad? i was going to give him a call but figured everyone else would too so i didnt.

34. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

just called a few minutes ago, he was busy in the shop, he's supposed to call me back when he gets a chance. either way, i can't get mine until tomorrow, i have work in 2 hours and there is no way i can make it down there and back in rush hour in time for work.

35. Flipndabrd

I'm going up Thurs Morning from the South Suburbs to get my skirts. If anyone wants to carpool give me a shout and we can Convoy up there.
    Matt

36. jNorthWRX

did you talk with brad? you are planning on thursday morning, i dont know if anyone has heard when they will be done, i would think he'd have them done tomorrow (wednesday) though if he was originally talking last friday.

37. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i never got a hold of brad. I assume they'll be done tomorrow, he said they might've been done on Friday, then said most likely on Tuesday. We never got a specific date/time. But i do assume tomorrow he should be done.

38. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Any update today?

39. AspitFire

i called brad this morning, he didnt get back to me, i left him a message to call me.

40. AspitFire

ok, just got off the phone with brad, he said they just came out of the paint booth at 2:00, he said they should be ready to pick up today, but to call him back around 3:00 and see if they are dry. But he said they SHOULD be dry enough to pick up. ill call him again after 3

41. AspitFire

They wont be done till tomorrow he said they are still a little soft. So anytime after one tomorrow.

42. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

sweet, i'm there at 1pm then...

43. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Just talked to Brad, anytime after 2...w00t

44. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

Just talked to Brad, anytime after 2...w00t
    right on, i'm leaving it 10 minutes.

45. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

well i'm back. Got them on. They look great. I put them on in the parking lot at Hamline. I still haven't put the weather stripping back on, haven't figured out if you need to heat it up or what. But they look good nonetheless.