sideskirt painting mini group buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by jNorthWRX, May 9, 2005.

1. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

Um.. Silver group.. Thoughts? Mine don't match the color of my car. Brads gone for the day over at Hamlin but need to talk with him.

2. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

uhmm... i havent picked mine up yet. wasnt planning on getting them until tomorrow afternoon but by the sounds of that i'm not too excited. erik (dream) might have picked up his bumper maybe i'll call him tonight and see. i guess get ahold of brad in the morning and post up and let us know what he says. how did the blue ones turn out?

3. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I havent gottin mine yet and im leaving for Colorado tomorrow morning so mine will have to wait till monday. This is what I feared the whole time,,getting them to match, its kinda hard when they cant blend it in.

4. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

nothing will ever be 100%, especially if the car isn't there to match it. They can tint to match the color better if the car is there, but w/o it no part will be 100%. Luckily sideskirts are so low, and are separated by a body line and rubber peice, it'll be unnoticeable.

5. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

got mine this afternoon put them on with the weather stripping, and the little dog legs, and everything matches perfect! Brian, the weather stripping just has some souble sidded stick tape on the bottom of it and just slides in place. Brad will be out of the office until monday morning. so dont expect to get a hold of him until then.

6. Flipndabrd

Don't think I am trying to stir a hornets nest or anything. I saw the blue ones and they looked awesome. The silver ones like mine are a different story. Jnorth and disco, please check out your pieces and then make your judgement. Thanks for the info on Brad being out of the office. I will try him when he gets back.

7. jNorthWRX

just got home from hamline, minus the sideskirts :(! i talked with another guy and the painter and what i understood was they sprayed the wrong color, he said he'd have brad figure it out right away monday morning. flipndabrd i guess just talk with brad monday morning and you'll prolly have to bring them back as soon as you can so he can repaint them all.

this whole week sucks, first my swaybar and endlinks got lost somewhere between california and here and ended up back at subydude so they reshipped them yesterday. now the sideskirts are the wrong color. but there one was piece of good news when i got home, my wheels/tires showed up today, so i gotta go put them on. but with the luck i am having i wouldnt be suprised if they forgot to send the lug nuts or somthin. but i gotta go put them on!

8. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

so, eric your front bumper was also the wrong color?

9. jNorthWRX

erik is in colorado for the weekend, but his bumper is also the wrong color so i called and left him a message so he'll know. it looked like they might have sprayed the crystal gray or maybe a different silver. i'm not sure what they said the painter and the other guy were talking but thats what it sounded like. but i cant be mad cause i just put my wheels on and they are hawt!! maybe i'll post up some pics tomorrow.

10. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

ouch, sorry to hear about the color silver guys. I was first to pick up my blue skirts (look good BTW), the silver did look a little off when i was there, but didn't know for sure due to lighting and that i'm not too familiar with the color as it is.

11. Flipndabrd

Now I know I'm not crazy. :p Thanks, I will call him on Monday.

12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

DOh, Jake I just gotyour message! Lucky me the resort we are staying at has wireless, w00t! Sucks about the paint, ill call Brad when I get home on Tuesday.

13. jNorthWRX

yeah erik i'll let you know what i hear from him on monday, we'll have to wait for flipndabrd to get his back there for them to get repainted, and you NEED your bumper by next weekend dont you? when could you bring yours back flipndabrd? i'm thinkin maybe you could talk to brad about droppin them off somewhere after hours, like hiding them along side the building or somthin and then he could just grab them in the morning. i might ask him if i can pay with a credit card over the phone and have him set them out somewhere for me to pick up, cause it kind of a pain to get there before 5:30 for me.

14. Flipndabrd

I work 7-5 Monday - Wednesday. Thurs Morning is the earliest I could drop them off. If he can shoot them on Thursday you could have everything by Friday right? We will have to talk to Brad on this I guess. Post on here tomorrow after you talk to him, or give me a call at 952-210-6836.

Matt

15. jNorthWRX

k heres the deal, i talked with brad and he said hes gonna get my skirts and eriks bumper taken care of right away. you can drop your skirts off whenever and he will just do them by themselves.

16. Flipndabrd

I reworked my work schedule so I will be droping mine off tomorrow around 12:30. Hopefully I can get a hold of brad in the morning and he can do all of ours together.

Matt

17. jNorthWRX

did you get ahold of brad or drop of your skirts today, i was gonna call him but i didnt want to be annoying so i will give him a call tomorrow. he didnt really say when they'd be done when i talked to him monday morning but he said he'd get the problem fixed right away so im thinking tomorrow maybe.

18. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ill try to give him a call when I get off work today....ill call you Jake.

19. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

any update?

20. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

Brad,

Russ will more than likely come and get mine(Steve) and his this upcoming monday. I just got out of the hospital otherwise I would have picked them up sooner...

Steve

21. Flipndabrd

I left mine with him on Tues morning as promised. I told Brad to just post on here when he is threw with them.

Matt

22. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I called yesterday and Brad was gone but they said they will be done anytime after 4 today....im going to call again soon here.

23. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Just called, Brad isnt in today....the lady I talked to said my bumper will be done anytime today after 4..

24. jNorthWRX

sounds good, i'm gettin out of work around 2:30 i'll have to call and see if i can have my skirts around 3:00, whats the difference if it dries on a shelf in their shop or somewhere else for an hour? kinda weird how they predict times for paint to dry, but i suppose.

25. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

After getting my replica Sti hood scoop in the mail, I called and found out that Brad wasn't going to be in both Thursday and Friday. I want to be in the second painting for the silver group (PSM). :(

26. Flipndabrd

I got my skirts today and must say they look great. I was a little afraid at first when the color didn't match that I was going to be Sht out of luck on this. Hamline Autobody went above and beyond what they had to on this. Repainted and even fixed a little blemish on the plastic for me for and at a better than expected price.

Thank you Brad, It is nice to have a shop that I can <u>Trust.</u>

Matt