Sim Racing.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by housemusic1, Jul 19, 2018.

1. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I'd love to have time to do it more often, but idk where my "free time" even goes anymore. Definitely have no idea how I ever worked a second, basically full time job.

2. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

I've been hearing good things about AMS2 but haven't gotten around to it yet. Sounds like I'll have a couple weeks "off" here so will give it a go most likely.

3. CornyTumbleweed

CornyTumbleweed Well-Known Member

Drake Willis from SCCA Land O’ Lakes Rallycross put together a virtual Dirt Rally 2 championship.

It’s across all platforms.

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/287455/

Definitely will be checking this out later.

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

LOL at Kyle Larson. Even if the guy (his spotter, I heard) he was talking to are best buds and call each other derogatory names all the time and personally are OK with it, anyone with a public persona has to be on guard and aware all the time of everything they convey through actions and words. Tough thing to do at my age, much less for a 28 year old. Hope he made wise investments with his earnings and didn't pi$$ it away like a lot of young people do that make it big.

5. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

My first thought was I wonder how lavishly he's living currently and how fast that's all gonna go away. Dude's a pro race driver and even owns his own WoO sprint car team. In one day you lose your seat and practically all of your sponsors? Good luck, sir...

6. pillboy

I read somewhere he has had about $14 mil in purse winnings. I'm not sure what his particular split is with the car owner. IF it was always 50/50, it's a nice chunk of change if you didn't live too outlandish. Also hard to say how much of his own money went into his WoO team. A good owner makes sure there is enough sponsorship to pay all the bills.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  7. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

Ayo, looking to upgrade from my ****ty thrustmaster t90 to something with force feedback and a clutch pedal...

Recommendations? Windows 10.

BTW, my steam is GrawvyRobber. Got Assetto Corsa, Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally, and Project CARS 2

8. SurlyOldManMN

Logitech G29/G920 or Thrustmaster T300/TX are the default budget answers. DFGT is viable if you're strapped for cash and can find one used. Prices ramp up sharply after that.

GrawvyRobber likes this.
  9. pillboy

I had said I was done with gaming consoles (PS3 was my last), but I think I might have one more go around with the PS5.

10. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

I agree with the Thrustmaster TX. That's what I went with on my first set up and have a hard time justifying an upgrade because of the steep price hike for a little more quality.

On another note. Is anyone playing ACC? I've been getting into it much more now and with the GT4 pack coming out in a couple hours it seems that's where most people are migrating to.

GrawvyRobber likes this.
  11. SurlyOldManMN

I'd like to get into ACC but it's too rough in VR for me. Mebbe with next generation of hardware.

12. minnesotanice

Its about the same as Assetto for me. Not too choppy but not as good as PC2. I'll screenshot and share my settings tonight.

13. SurlyOldManMN

Sure, couldn't hurt. I can run every sim title that supports VR at reasonable settings without issue. Except ACC.

14. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

Mind listing your build/specs? :blink:

I just finished my second PC last month. Ive never played any sort of VR but have always wanted to.

Ryzen 7 3800x
    32gb ram

15. SurlyOldManMN

i7-9700k and a 2080ti with OG vive at the moment. ACC is still not happening at 90 fps. It just isn't.

GrawvyRobber likes this.
  16. minnesotanice

I have an i7 of some sort and 1080ti and OG Vive as well.

Here are my ACC settings. Can be a little choppy but it gets the job done. I'm not overly picky though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Ezel

Ezel New Member

Nice rig, have fun :D