Snowboarding Pics!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Speedemon, Mar 20, 2007.

1. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

We rode through some treed areas that were 50+ degrees. Didn't really see any gnarly chutes. I love it when you have to gab onto a sapling and lean out to plan your next turns.

2. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Well-Known Member

mt baker... = balls

3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

or jumps turns that land you another 15 feet down the chute each time = Jackson hole

here's something if you haven't yet....

Probably the most well-known double-diamond run in the world, Corbet's Couloir starts with a mandatory air-in, which means you must jump off a large cornice just to get on the run below. "If you miss the drop-in," said Mark Newcomb of Exum Mountain Guides, "you bingle down a ways, you clear the snow out of various orifices, and hike back up and retrieve your gear." Corbet's intimidation factor is upped by its location near the top of 10,450-foot Rendezvous Mountain, where the valley floor lies nearly a vertical mile down below your ski tips.

4. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

Who wants to teach me this year??

I'm close to broke, but I can come up with some kind of compensation. Who's willing?

5. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

Nice pics man!

6. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Yeah, that **** was soooooo steep. You could stop on your toeside edge and litteraly stick your arm straight out and touch the ground. :eek4:

I would love to go back to Silverton one of these years. The pics you see in the gallery on their website are pretty much the exact same stuff the guides will take you to.

Plus, drinking in their yurt (or however it's spelled) after the day was great. It's pretty easy to get drunk at 10,000+ feet. :laugh:

7. Urabusvids

Urabusvids Well-Known Member

We should get a spirit mountain trip together this winter...

8. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to post up some pics from my winter in Colorado. Tom, I heard a lot about Silverton mountain when I was out there but never went! :( I can say that if you know the right locals Vail and Beaver Creek both have some amazing out of bounds terrain! People think of Vail and Beaver creek as the posh ritzy resorts for tourists but theres plenty that people don't know about. And cut off just about any run at Beaver Creek for awesome tree runs that no one else goes in and the woods are full of log rides. Too bad they are both so damn spendy! If any of you guys going out west this winter wouldn't mind a tag-a-long let me know!

9. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

i want to go out west so bad

10. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

I'd be down for that :)

11. w_o_t_boy

I'm the right locals.

The only place I haven't been is east Vail where the real extreme terrain is. People tell me if you don't know where you are sometimes you have to hike out of there cause you find yourself at the top of a 100 foot waterfall.

I ride from Eagle's Nest back to my Uncle's house in West Vail out of bounds the whole way sometimes. Its pretty cool being able to pop out of the woods, ride through the neighbor's yard, take off your board, and walk across the street into the house.

12. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

who misses the movie Technical Difficulties::hand raised::

13. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I bet I know every word of every song in that movie.
    JP Walker landing on the tip of the tail and sticking it was S1ck.

I bet I would end up with a broken back if I busted out my old Burton FL and gear...

[​IMG]

14. Scuba Steve

did I post this yet?

THIS is my dream

15. w_o_t_boy

There are so many great things about that video.

Farmer insisting on pronouncing the j in Terje's name.

The squished widescreen format on YouTube making the 60 degree pitch look like 85.

Nick Perata at the beginning saying "he's gonna rip it man, he's a good snowboarder", sounding really nervous. Understatement of the year.

... and the Craig Kelly style method air off a windlip near the bottom.

16. w_o_t_boy

Ban. .

17. Scuba Steve

^^^^Man....those freaks bring back the memories. when Farmer first hit the scene he was considered nutz....

i still love this even though it was 15+ years ago

18. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Thats funny I was just listening to the CD that came with that movie a couple days ago. Wish I still had a vcr I should have a bunch of those old vids.

19. jNorthWRX

I heard alot of stories about the east vail chutes. Everyone out there talked about that like an urban legend. Theres a spot where you can ride from the rose bowl at beaver creek down into eagle-vail too but thats practically a run because of how many people use it. Your ride home sounds a little more exciting! So did you used to live out there or just visit your uncle a lot?

Wild mountain is half price on tuesdays if you print a coupon off the website. I'm leaving work in about 10 minutes and heading out there! Hopefully traffic on highway 8 going there isnt too bad...

20. w_o_t_boy

You can see it all from the freeway. Its the same area the people ice climb in.

The first one.

21. jNorthWRX

So who is going to step up and plan the mnsubaru "out-west" trip?? It sounds like there are some fans for Big Mountain, MT and I've heard its pretty cheap compared to other resorts. So who wants to go to Big Mountain? Late february early march time?? http://www.bigmtn.com/

22. richard donovan

richard donovan Well-Known Member

that is a great video!, started watching other clips from it, very good!

23. wall of tvs

Big Mountain is freaking sweet.

Props to Dave for finding one of my favorite old school vids.

24. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I've been in snowboarding forever and I just watched that video. The first thing that stands out is the background music, The Doors, Peace Frog, it was one of my favorites songs for soooo long :biggrin:

Great Vid!

25. 05 MR

05 MR New Member

I've gotta say it, I love the Subie forum (Evo guys take a number with your clubs). You guys (and ladies) have so much more going on than the Evo forum does. We would never have 5+ pages of talk and pics about boarding.
    So I'm seriously old school. I still ski (I can board too, but only if it dumps serious freshies). I don't do much around here though. I'm all about Jackson Hole, Whistler/Blackcomb and back country. I've done quite a bit of back country stuff especially around the Hwy 6 (Loveland pass) area near A Basin (Summit County). It's a great area for backcountry, as all the 18 wheelers that carry anything dangerous are banned from taking the I 70 tunnel. They all have to take Hwy 6 and give all the locals rides up and down the pass. You can try all sorts of "new" lines and they all lead back to Hwy 6.
    Maybe we can plan a joint Subie/Evo board day and I can be the only one to show up with skis.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right after taking Corbets Coulier
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Failed front flip attempt (landing)

26. wall of tvs

Hey mang, there's nothing wrong with riding on the double planks. Sweet pics; I really need to get out to Jackson Hole one of these years.

27. rallyracer

rallyracer New Member

I havent been on a snowboard in years but it would be fun to give it a try again.

Who wants to teach me? :)

28. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

What did you flip off?

29. 05 MR

05 MR New Member

As anyone who's ever tried to take "big air" pictures can tell you, it never looks as impressive in a picture as in real life. You could never tell from this angle, but the "ridge" right above the rock behind me was perfect for front flips. I'd landed a couple the day before, but the snow conditions this day were crap (super soft). Everything was melting and I almost hit my head on the rock behind me (like I previously said, I'm old school, so no helmet). All these rocks were covered the day before. If you look behind me, the area below the rock is where I landed. As soon as I did, my skis stuck in the snow and I did another front flip right out of my ski (one stayed on). This whole day at Jackson was a comedy fest. Everyone was having trouble with the sticky snow and I witnessed lots of funny wipe outs (and most people @ Jackson are pro's).
    I've got some hilarious video from another trip to Mt. Baker I'll post. We convince a "novice" friend to go full speed at a windblown snow drift. He goes much faster than we anticipate and does 95% of back flip (huge air) and has possibly the most spectacular wipe out of all time. He ends up kneeing himself in the face and gives himself a black eye. I've got so much good video footage of skiing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, car racing, etc; it's hard to find the time to upload it to the web.

30. 05 MR

05 MR New Member

Let's go J-boy. You know I'm crazy right? Oh I forgot, you already know this.

31. 95lwrx

95lwrx Well-Known Member

lol, i just watched this vid and it's quite amusing, i think it's great that all the grabs and stuff that i usually do are so frequent in that vid, unfortunately i don't have any pics. i've been riding since 93' or 94' i think, but i haven't been out much lately.

32. WagonsRock

WagonsRock Well-Known Member

Seeing as people are putting up past stuff... here is a video that one of my buddies made when we got back from Utah last winter.

Couldn't find anything too sweet to film, bunch of small jumps to mess around on, but we did ride in a crap ton of powder every day we were out there. It was awesome.

Watch the video till the end... ha ha. One of the guys bet lunch that he could jump through a massive bush on the hill. Video confirmation of his "success".

33. wall of tvs

lmao right under the chairlift! :laugh:

34. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Cool vid, I like the bidibodi bidibu...

35. wall of tvs

You forgot to mention how Hanna Teter opens her ******* mouth and nothing but turds fall out. God, she is a freaking moron who probably didn't even know who Terje is/was before the movie. :roll:

36. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

i feel to young in this thread..... and you guys seem old.... even though i know what you guys are talking about and grew up on the same vids it just funny to read how stoked you are on ****ty videos and crappy styled riders. beast video of all time will and always be afterbang by robot food! need i say more?

37. Scuba Steve

LOLZ..you need a little culture and appreciation for the people that made the sport as big as it is today;)

If it wasn't for old school crowd you'd be skiing today, not snowboarding:p

38. wall of tvs

fabiola - you're trying to tell me that Terje and Craig Kelly have crappy style?

lmao lmao lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

x2 what planet are you from? Terje is Steezy!

40. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

terje helped make snoboarding what it is yes but he has no style. he did nothing smooth. every grab or trick he does is stretched and tweaked all wobbly. just my opinion. and 99% of the riders back then had no style because not everyone could do the same tricks. it was who could do a tick bigger or even a trick at all was king ****. peter line back then probably had the best style. made things smooth and pressed snowboarding just as much as terje. see now a days everyone can do all the same tricks. its who makes them look the beast and the smoothest gets the fame and contracts.

41. Urabusvids

Some old snowboarding parts i made....

42. Urabusvids

Lets get a spirit mountain trip together...

43. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

DUDE YOU RIP! YOu have some smooth backlips I wanna learn that trick soo bad!

44. wall of tvs

Well at least they had style back then. And yeah, Peter Line (and Devun Walsh) was very influential back in the day -- he pretty muchs rules.

Most videos from today are boring for the most part -- every rider does the same tricks with the same carbon copy "lets try to be as smooth as possible and stick my ****ing knees apart as much as possible" routine.

Basicly everyone is trying to copy Shawn White in technique -- a very boring but textbook perfect technique. They're basically sucking the soul out of the sport by trying to copy everyone else. Lame.

Whatever though, I could really give a **** less about who's who or what's popular today. It's just fun to snicker at how rediculous kids are nowadays. :p

45. w_o_t_boy

I think that's because most of the videos you see him in now he's launching out of that 40' quarterpipe or airing off some snowdrift on the way down some psychotic face in Alaska.

Stop spelling best wrong.