So my car got egged...

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by readymix, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

So, on my way from picking up some brown and regular sugar from the gas station, my car got hit with an egg. Was about 5 houses down from where I live. I heard the clunk on the passenger side and figured it was a rock. When I got in the garage and walked around the other side of the car I found the egg debris all over the gas fill door.

If it wasn't for Aegis' common sense I would have likely gone down the road and beat anyone that was of highschool age within 100 yards of the place.

Now, instead, I have a nice spiderweb effect on my paint at the point of impact and a searing hatred for kids. God help them if I catch them in the act of doing that again. They'll wish for the days when they could pick up an egg without needing the help of a live-in nurse.

2. NMDAYTIME

NMDAYTIME Well-Known Member

that sux, take a walk and scope out the hood rats and bring your walking stick[​IMG]

3. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

damn, that sucks
    those punks should diaf

4. readymix

I would. But as Aegis pointed out to me as I was red-faced with fury as I walked in the door from the garage, it isn't a good idea for a grown man to pummel a bunch of highschool kids that egged his car. Even though calling the police didn't do **** except for me being able to meet the only CG cop I hadn't yet talked to in person. Going about it the adult route seems unfulfilling and helpless. The urge to kick sense into a flailing mass of flesh on cold pavement would feel a whole lot better. But the last thing I need is to get thrown into jail and get sued for beating someone's little precious snowflake for being a worthless human being.

5. '98 Legacy

'98 Legacy New Member

Sorry to hear about that Readymix, I see what you mean by
    Take care man.

6. nm+

nm+ Professional Hypocrite

I had some kids kick my old car and cause $800 worth of damage.
    You know that Pulp Fiction quote about how it almsot would have been worth it if you could catch the ****er doing it? Its so true.

7. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

That happened to me five days after I got the FXT. I went back and chased the kids down with the car. probably a stupid idea, but it helped me feel a tiny bit better.

8. readymix

The thing that pisses me off the most is that there is really nothing you can do about it. Not a thing. Calling the cops is a farce...and now I feel like it was a complete waste of my time. It makes me appreciate the mild lawlessness of the military. Case in point, I had a guy in my division that got piss ass wasted and in the middle of the night, got out of his rack, wandered the wrong way down the aisle that we all bunked in, and peed on my bed while I was asleep. I promptly woke up, got out of the bed, and beat the ever living piss out of him for it. The other people that slept in our aisle simply turned the other way as it was happening. Justice was served. Lessons were learned. And in the end I felt alot better about the whole situation because I knew he wouldn't do it again, and I knew that nobody else would do it as long as I lived in that aisle because they saw the repercussions of that action.
    In this situation, those kids are likely laughing it up in their house knowing that I had to clean egg off my car, that I likely (and do) have damage to my car, and that the police came and couldn't do a damn thing about it because he showed up 20 minutes after the fact and they were obviously not hiding in teh dark with a case of eggs at that point. So while they giggle it up, and I take inventory of my paint repair toolbox, justice goes unserved.
    I don't want a police state by any means. I think CG has a good compliment of police. But on the other hand, I don't think karma will return to them any time soon. And I know they are going to do it again.

9. ej20

ej20 Well-Known Member

b4 I got my subie, I was driving my beautiful Ricer in north mpls threw residential streets. Came to a stop sign with a few kids(5-7yrs old) playing across the street where I'm heading. I was eye-contacting a little girl(incase she does anything stupid) while she was standing still looking at me with something in her hand. I drove nicely slowly past them. BOOM!! something hit on my rear quater panel. Sh*t..i new it. Slam on my brakes, reverse, turn and went after the running kids. They told me "I'm sorry". 2dudes walking by, "hey hey they're just kids". I told them "Do you like it when I throw sh*t at your car?" I drove off. Checked my car later. Little scratch but no big deal.

10. readymix

Should have beat the snot out of the people that said "They're just kids"

It is people like that that end up having kids and letting them run wild with no discipline or parenting. "Oh, Billy egged your house and TP'd your trees? He's just a kid, it's ok."

No, it isn't ok. It's bull****, and disrespectful. Throwing eggs in the dark is exactly the problem with sissy, chicken ****, suburbanite punks. And the answer to underhanded, wussy vandalism is in-your-face, physical violence. Snot nosed crotchfruit don't learn **** from having common sense yelled in their face, they just giggle like idiots and do it again to you only worse. That is the problem. If the cop did catch them, I'd have an egged house right now. The cop would have told their parents who wouldn't do **** about it, and in retaliation, the kids would egg my car, house or whatever else was left out.

MESSAGE TO MNSUBARU PARENTS...

If you don't beat your kids when they screw up big, they learn nothing. I'm not saying whip the crap out of your kids if they drop a glass on the floor or spill something. I'm saying, if your kids are enjoying themselves at the expense of others through disrespect, you need to beat into them what respect means. If it involves buying a beer and inviting over the victim and then letting the victim beat the **** out of your kids while you watch, so be it. But kids don't learn from being talked sternly to, or grounding. When I screwed up big like this, by doing dumb stuff, vandalism, etc...I came home to a pride obliterating ass beating. Plain and simple. And when that happened, I was sure not to even think about doing those things again.

11. Andyman8662

Andyman8662 New Member

12. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I think the problem with kids these days is that their parents aren't allowed to spank them anymore because they are afraid of retalition.

I was spanked as a child, and i learned from it, and turned out quite all right. These kids aren't - WORDS do not mean anything. Actions mean something. Even if it's just a few slaps on the ass, the kid WON'T do it again. Am I wrong??

13. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

two months after I got my 06 i was driving to drop my wife off at a movie when i heard a loud a loud thunk on the side of my car, then I saw a bunch of kids go running off. I chased them down in the street in kenwood (very wealthy neighborhood) and did sweeping circles around the block until I found those little turds. I jsut caught them running into a 5 million dollar mansion.

Turns out it was a bunch of kids who live in the house behind my building, they threw a rock at my brand new car. I talked to the dad who was waiting for me, all he said was "boys will be boys"

To be honest I was more mad at the dad for his crap parenting than the kids, although he said that after taking them to the vikings game, the toy store and sebastian joes they were a little too hyper (WTF????)

I told him to stop spoiling his ****ing kids before i run them over the next time I see them. I also told each kid that they were personally responsible for my car from now on and if anything happens to it i'm coming back with the police. I told the dad to get some ****ing parenting skills and stop spoiling his rotten children. he wilted in front of me, it really is sad to see me have to lecture a 50 year old like he is a child.

best aprt was later the mom invited me into their million dollar mansion, apogized profusely and said the kids would all write me apologies, even wrote down my address.

Still 2 years later I haven't gotten those letters but every time i see those kids i put the fear of god in them and they sprint to get away from me.

14. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I would just go down and egg their house. Cops can't do anything to the kids because they didn't see it happen, the same thing hold true for you. I lived next to a guy in st. paul who constantly threatened to kill us and pulled a gun on the other neighbor. Cops didn't do a damn thing. Both neighbors moved just to get away from it. funny part is that one of the 5 bazillion arguements about his kids (who should have been in jail, and probably now are in jail) ended up with a brick in the windshield of one of our cars. Cops said too bad. I say f the cops since they don't care. Egg the house, paper all the trees and call it a day.

Russ

15. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

wow an this from a mod!?

I agree....

16. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

leave the readymobile in the garage, and next time I come over we're finding them.

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am not a mod.

And being a bigger man gets you nothing but busted up stuff. People don't care about anything but themselves, and the cops are the same way.

Russ

18. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

My sister's car was egged about 6 times in high school. It was a POS 87 civic, but still not cool, especially when it run into the wiper cowl.

And yes, it was some spoiled brat. When we threatened them with litigation, they resonded with a letter from one of their top dawg layers. I tell you, so many parents will not see any wrong with their children it sickens me.

19. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

Sometimes taking matters into your own hands is necessary. I'll admit it, a few years ago a friend and I were driving back from a bar and got a rock thrown at his car. His car was nothing special, but that didn't matter. We caught 2 of the kids, they were probably 17-18..and we beat the **** out of them, to the point where they were pretty bloody and crying like little babies, and we left them there. I'm sure they learned their lesson more so than any cop could do justice to them. It felt damn good too

20. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

The only level-headed response in this whole thread.

I *understand* the urge but beating the kids is no less cowardly than their acts of vandalism. Also, an adult beating a minor is a poor legal move - trading damage to their body for damage to your property. You'll lose that battle every time.

Abuse the parents (repeatedly if necessary) - preferably in public to maximize shame and humiliation. Trust me, the kids WILL get the message.

21. Hallywood

If you have the option of abusing the parents, that is your best bet, yes. But, do you think if you caught some 18yr old vandalizing a vehicle, and asked them, "I want to talk to your parents", they are going to take you their house? I don't think so.

If the situation is right, and their parents can be found, that is the best way to deal with it...if it's 2am, and no one is around, it's a whole different ball game.

22. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Like my post clearly states - beating kids/minors is stupid...as much as it might seem warranted at the time.

Beating an 18yo prick? Let the fur fly.

23. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

i don't even know where to start...

24. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Steal their Jesus statue and hold it for ransom. I would probably go with the whole t-p their yard before it rains type of thing, but I think that would cause more trouble. I suggest you go through the parents and if they don't really care too much, then they can't get mad the next time it happens and you break all of the little bastards fingers.

My cousin had a party a year ago, one guy got pissed ass drunk and put a hole in her wall. Now I know it was a party to begin with but we usually expect adults to act like adults drunk or not drunk (fobia has an exception). So when he passed out we took all the money/cash he had in his wallet, took all his alcohol and gave it away, and the best part was shaving off his left eyebrow to leave him with a choice to make... Would he rather...have one drawn in eyebrow, or no eyebrows?

25. Hallywood

http://mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23251

Well that explains your comments. I thought that was you who started that thread.

I don't see how Zak would be coming off as being "jealous" in the post that he made.

Please explain?

Oh, that sux about your car dude. Sorry to HIGHjack

Edit: this is what I was replying to before you edited ;)

26. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

2 AM is the best time to tell their parents. I'd be pretty pissed off if somebody woke me up in the middle of the night because of some bull**** like that.

27. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Pay Alex $20 and have him go beat up all of the neighborhood kids.

28. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

*thud*

29. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

do you know which house it was for sure that they came from? i'd be down for some egging fun....havent done that since high school ;)

30. Hallywood

True, I would be beating my own kids (if I had any) if that happened...

jk

31. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

hold them down, shove a hard boiled egg in there ass, then kick them so it breaks and they have to pass broken egg shells.

I know, I am sick

32. w_o_t_boy

That Tom is always thinkin'.

33. AWDimprezaL

agreed, pay alex, he's kind of a scrapper, they would be scared of him

34. w_o_t_boy

MN Statute 629.37

629.37 WHEN A PRIVATE PERSON MAY MAKE AN ARREST.
    A private person may arrest another:
    (1) for a public offense committed or attempted in the arresting person's presence;
    (2) when the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in the arresting person's
    presence; or
    (3) when a felony has in fact been committed, and the arresting person has reasonable cause
    for believing the person arrested to have committed it.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=629.37

MN Statute 629.33

629.33 WHEN FORCE MAY BE USED TO MAKE ARREST
    If a peace officer has informed a defendant that the officer intends to arrest the defendant, and
    if the defendant then flees or forcibly resists arrest, the officer may use all necessary and lawful
    means to make the arrest but may not use deadly force unless authorized to do so under section
    609.066. After giving notice of the authority and purpose of entry, a peace officer may break open
    an inner or outer door or window of a dwelling house to execute a warrant if:
    (1) the officer is refused admittance;
    (2) entry is necessary for the officer's own liberation; or
    (3) entry is necessary for liberating another person who is being detained in the dwelling
    house after entering to make an arrest.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=629.33

35. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

YES. A forceful citizens arrest.

36. Iroc-Z

Iroc-Z Well-Known Member

That sucks Jason. Mine has the same egg mark in my front fender. Got egged this last winter.

37. Vorgto

Vorgto BANNED

Yea i know.. if there is one thing you don't mess w/ is someone else's car.

I would just wake your parents up at 2am every morning untill they pay for the detail work to fix it.

38. nm+

Exactly, these same kids will tell their parents some man beat their ass for no reason. The parents will call the cops screaming that their snowflake was beat up and then you will go to jail for the night.
    These punks aren't worth it.

FWIW, police departments are taking vandalism complaints more seriously than they used to, as vandals tend to move on to bigger stuff. Hell, when my neighbors called in my car being vandalised and called the police (St. Paul), they had two cars comb my neighborhood for 30 minutes.
    Unforunantly, most suburban dept are too focused on their meal tickets (traffic) to care and Minneapolis is too understaffed.

On the other hand, if I got my hands on some punk kids vandalizing my car this all might go out the window.

Careful with that citizens arrest stuff. If you mess it up (like getting the wrong person, or even a technicallity) can screw you over. And if you screw up and they're a minor, you might be looking at a felony.

39. w_o_t_boy

You'll notice it doesn't say anything about private citizens in the forceful arrest section. I don't think you can legally use force to make a citizen's arrest in Minnesota.

40. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

I noticed, but I wouldn't have that kind of self control.

41. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

biggest crock of s hit that the liberals ever pushed...

I got beat on (ok smacked with a belt or wooden spoon) and turned out respectful (mostly) and my kids are the same, we use a mixing stick for paint.. makes more noise than anything when it hits them... (may end up in jail now)

I say crap in a bag go leave it on the doorstep... ON FIRE!!!

42. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

the problem is you guys live in cottage grove.
    It's been going on for years.

43. AWDimprezaL

I didnt used to get beat, but i got spanked, i'm not gonna lie, IMO i turned out better then my brother. I'm sure my parents would agree.

44. nm+

Good way to get arrested.

As for spanking, don't take this as legal advice, but I'm 90% sure that open hand spanking is still legal as long as its not done wantonly and frequently (and maybe in public).
    (I'm running to westlaw to look it up)

Also, it would be a great case for jury nullification.

Finally, lots of parents who actively beat the **** out of thier kids (for little to no reason) claim they were just spanking when the evidence shows otherwise. (Spanks don't lead to cigarette burns)

M.S.A. § 609.377
    Huuuuum, well that laws pretty vague. . .

45. Vorgto

Vorgto BANNED

(not talking about the parenting arguement)
    Screw laws. Beat the kids. egg the house... Do whatever you need to feel you got back at them.

If you don't get caught you can do anything you want!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.