Spamtown USA Owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Cartman08, May 19, 2016.

1. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

Hey my name is Carter and I'm from Austin, MN. I have lurked around for a long time and finally joined after searching for a set of wrx takeoffs for my 2009 forester xt (Big thanks to member Caithao for selling his!). I also have a 98 forester that I'm passing down to my brother when he gets his DL this June. Its treated me well and I hope it will do the same for my little brother. I'm slowly converting the rest of the family to Subaurs:) My other hobby is motorcycling/dual sporting. Hopefully I can meet some of you down the road!

Here is the only pic I have of my 09 xt - will get some more tomorrow

Attached Files:

Cody Weatherly and joebush44 like this.
  2. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

What are your plans for it? Welcome to the forum.

3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I was in Austin just yesterday (Thursday). My wife and I visited our parents cemeteries and then stopped at George's for a pizza before heading back to Minneapolis. Welcome.

4. mike4king

mike4king Member

Welcome! What kind of motorcycles?

5. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

Hi and thanks! The only other plan I have is a few performance mods like exhaust and tune eventually. I want to keep it clean and simple.

Thanks! George's is a great place to eat. Better than Steves pizza since they've switched owners. I work at that bank on the corner across from George's we were not far from each other haha! Did you stop at the new Spam museum??

Thank you! I have a Ktm duke 690, Honda xr250 that I converted to street legal dual sport and a Honda grom(best little hooligan bike!) do you ride?

6. mike4king

mike4king Member

Why yes, yes I do :) Sounds like you have a fun bunch of toys. I just have a GSX-R750, although I would love to pick up a grom some day. There's quite a few of them up here in the cities.

7. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, fellow Austinite! I'll have to keep an eye out for you around town.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Welcome! Nice XT and your little brother is a lucky guy!

9. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

I guess I could've looked at your avatar haha. Yes you should pick up a grom. Most fun on two wheels EVER! I ride that more than the other bikes.

Thanks man! You have a beautiful car! I've seen you driving around before. Yeah hopefully we will see each other around!

Thank you very much! He's a good kid and will treat it right:)

10. Cody Weatherly

Cody Weatherly Active Member

About time you join in on this Carter! Btw the new forester looks good!

11. dhanso312

dhanso312 Well-Known Member

My goodness your XT is the car I have been drooling over for the past year two years. Great looking vehicle. Welcome to the club.

12. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

Sweet you are on here Cody!! I didn't know if you would be or not. I love hearing you go through the bank, your sti sounds absolutely amazing! Whenever I hear that rumble it's like oh **** he's here lol.

Thank you!!! Well I pretty much drool at everyone else's car haha. Must be a Subaru thing I'm honored to be part of the club!!

13. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums fellow SH owner!

14. Cody Weatherly

Of course I'm on here haha! Unfortunately I'm not on here a lot but once in awhile to check up on stuff and thanks for compliments! Hope you sign up in time for LAx if you haven't already

15. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

I've been thinking about going on the LAx, I take it your going??Are you going for just the day or are you camping? Looks like it would be a great time!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  16. Cody Weatherly

Go! It's a good experience, yeah I'm going just for the day due to the fact I work on Sunday's at the plant. Sign up quick and head up with us

17. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Yea its a great trip. Last year was my first time out and it was fun seeing everyone and getting to know whos who on the forum (usernames to faces and cars).

18. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

Done deal! I will sign up when I get back to my hotel!! Btw a lot of nice subies up here in Duluth:)

19. Fusion_Coatings

Fusion_Coatings Vendor

Welcome. I frequent Austin somewhat often as the in laws live there. Keep an eye out for my old Forester. @KBear owns it now, usually you can see it sitting over at Auto value by wallyworld