Speed Bleeders

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by svxninja, Jul 28, 2017.

1. svxninja

svxninja Well-Known Member

I have a 12' Impreza base but having a hard time finding speed bleeders for my stock calipers. Can anyone help me? Also having a hard time finding SS brake lines as well.

2. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

If it were me, I'd skip the speed bleeders and go for a Motive power bleeder. Then you can use it on your future cars as well:

https://www.motiveproducts.com/coll...roducts/ford-asian-import-three-prong-bleeder

I've had one for years and it works great. Top tip: put teflon tape on all of your bleeder screws to avoid tiny bubbles.

SS brake lines: have you already upgrades your brake fluid, pads, and rotors? If so, are you tracking it and getting a softer brake feel? If the answer is no to both of these questions, skip the SS lines as well...waste of time and money.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Agreed. Speed Bleeders didn't gain much in popularity, and as a result, don't have a wide selection.

Looks like Centric makes front SS lines (95047006) for that, but not rear. But unless you're REALLY pushing and already-upgraded braking system, your 5 year old hoses do not need to be replaced.

tangledupinblu likes this.