Spray lacquer booth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mike, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

So i'm looking to finish up some end tables in my basement that my brother built in woodshop but never finished. Everything is all set already been stained just need to be sprayed. anyone know or have a suggestion to where to get this done? i would like to put my drinks on the tables...

2. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

Both of my grandfathers had very good luck using a brush on urethane finish. I have end/coffee tables that they finished almost 30 years ago that are still holding up.
    A weekend in the garage with the right finishes will get the job done and a little satisfaction from a DIY.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

oh if it was up to me thats how it would get finished...but it HAS to be sprayed according to him

4. scrltspedstr

scrltspedstr Well-Known Member

i as a cabinet make /woodworker recommend sanding sealer first after stain. it seals the wood requiring less coats of your finish to get a good build up.
    spray lacquer is a good choice i use it on tons of stuff. put a few good coats on and sand in between with like 320after the first coat and after that use a brown paper bag as your sand paper then after that newspaper.
    as always try and spray away from dust and such.