Squeking Brake noise

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Yang, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hey guys My brakes are squeking from the right front and rear. I've changed all the brakes and even clean the brake pads and the caliper. It's still squeking ever since May. Its gotten worst now and my pads are still new. someone help me plz:mad:

Lord bless Yia

2. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

It's because the pads are new. Some will squeak for the entirety of their life. Performance pads will do that.

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

My Porterfields squeek almost everytime I brake. I have a complete set of Axis Deluxe pads waiting to be installed. :) Hopefully, the squeeking is eliminated.

Yia, are your Axis Deluxe Plus pads installed and squeeking? It will help a little if you grind a little off the edges where the pads contact the caliper. Sometimes, brake dust accumulates and holds the pads in place when braking. Also, did you properly break-in the new pads?

IIRC, my pads stopped squeeking for a few hundred miles right after I did another break-in procedure. I suppose glazed pads will squeek. And performance pads needs to be used to what they're designed to be used for. ie, you don't put on a competition pad and drive like grandma. It doesn't work that way. ;)

4. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Did you use anti-squeal paste?

5. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Oops! Wrong button.

6. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

did you properly break-in the new pads?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Its been on my car for about 4 months(front) and 1 month(rear). But the squeking is still there after I applied some anti-squeking stuff on the caliper and the back of the brake pad. Hmmmmm....I also did some hard breaking the other day cause it was pissing me off. The squeking only comes on when I lightly break, it usually dies down when I add more preasure. I have axis in rear and some others on front. They are not ebay brakes. These are the shiznits. Hmmm.....Im so confuse, cant seem to figure it out

7. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Let me drive your car I'll break it in for ya. Your brakes just needs some TLC from Mushashi. ;)

Get use to it. If you want performance out of your car, your gonna have to give up something. I have Axxis Ultimates all around, they squeel like bandsheeeeee's but I dont care cuz they do their job.

You may want to consider changing them back to organic pads, and stop trying to drive a little fast to impress Fong.

There isn't a really fix for performance pads. They are built that way for a reason.

Enjoy!

C

8. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.....Break them in? I shall try at St. cloud then.

Mr. C, me and Mr. F have no affairs with eachother ok. I am not the male slut here..........Wasn't Vic the JiGaLo?:D

9. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

yes yia.....male-g....ahaha....man just let me brake them in...your brakes i mean....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.