STi, Oil Hungry?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by yosmiley, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Guys, I've notice that my STi is sipping a bit of oil here and there... no leaks or anything... I check my oil once every 2 weeks and notice I have to top it off a bit every now and then... what's the story on your end?

2. Beej

Beej New Member

The story is that it is dying...yup.

Sorry to say that STi is done. I guess that means you are going to have to trade straight up for my 2001 2.5RS, I know, I am kind of screwing myself in this deal, but to help another scooby guy, no problem.

3. Beej

Beej New Member

(in all reality, the PCV system will consume oil, I would imagine it does so on a level higher than a normal scooby....but you can still trade cars)

4. yosmiley

Uh Brian, that's ok bro... I'll keep my car but thanks for the insite though.

I was reading up on Nasioc about other guys noticing oil consumption with their STi and I just wanted to know what the local guys take on this issue.

5. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Yup mine eats oil, It is going through the intake through the turbo and I/C into the manifold. Beej is correct it is the PCV system that is spitting it in there.

Another catch can is in order to eliminate the oil from being pumped in there.

6. Beej

Beej New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

trading cars with brian is in order to eliminate the oil from being pumped in there.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fixed it for ya!

7. yosmiley

LOL :D

8. morganm

morganm New Member

Totally different engines but here's my 2 cents

I rerouted my PCV system to a breather filter from Checkers. Then pulled out the PCV valve and scrweed in a bolt I had laying around.

Something about shooting oil saturated toxic fumes from my block into my intake just seems .... wrong :p They do it for emissions control.

9. Beej

Beej New Member

Yeah, EGR and PCV (oil recirc aspect of it) is not cool

10. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I havnet noticed anyting on mine yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.