STi VS 350Z W/Performance package?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Substeroo, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Who would win? Handling and speed and overall?

Opinions?

:???:

Horsepower [​IMG]<font color="pink"> STi</font id="pink">: 300@6000 [​IMG]<font color="orange">350Z</font id="orange">: 287@6200

Curb Weight: Manual Transmission <font color="pink">STi</font id="pink">: 3263 <font color="orange">350Z</font id="orange">: 3217

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Noah, since winter started... I haven't seen any 350Z out on the street as I was plowing through in my "i". There's your answer :D

On a more serious note... I don't know, it's a pretty tough choice... I mean in Japan... these two cars actually duke it out on the track together. Anyone have any idea to lighten Noah's mind.

Suggestion for you Noah... go do a search on Nasioc or other site that mention these two cars. I'm sure you'll get plenty of response. Good luck!

3. Mark Holden

Mark Holden New Member

Make it an Infiniti G35X instead of a 350Z (same chassis) and it'd be a lot more interesting :)

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Well on the contrary, I was home when my two brothers took out my car to drop off my lil' bro's GF and they told me that when they were going towards Minneapolis on hwy 10, a blue 350Z with the license plate "FLYBYU" (or something like that) sped up, slowed down to check out my car, and flew by my brothers. My brother decided that since there's no traffic he floored it and began to catch up. Slowly, my Impreza started gaining on the 350Z and the light up ahead was red. The two cars screeched to stop and my brother driving wanted to talk to the guy at the light, but the light turned green when they were slowed down. The 350Z took off normally for 5 seconds and then it downshifted and so did my brother. Not very fast, yet not very slow either, my brother kept on pulling and pulling on the 350Z until they were side by side... and then the next light came up and the 350Z slowed down to turn right. My brothers told me that the driver of the 350Z was too embarresed to show his face. They didn't even get a smile.

Until this day, my brother wants to see "FLYBYU" again and ask him about his car and modifications. Actually, we did see him a week ago in Anoka. I was driving this time and we say him making a left, but we passed him. I made a U-turn up ahead to try to catch him, but he drove pretty quickly and turned into some apartments. Oh well.

By the way, we can talk about our kills, right? :I

5. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I saw FLYBYU at Stargate last summer. It was all keyed up.
    As of right now my next car's going to be a G35 coupe. Hopefully be able to keep the WRX for winter.

6. yosmiley

Why not wait till the G35 AWD comes out?

7. Substeroo

Good idea. I'll simply just go buy a G35X when it comes out and we'll race. :cool:

8. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I have a hard time believing that the AWD G35 would maintain the level of sportiness in the FR. I wish I had a RWD car half of the year and then i'm happy with my car the other half. Can you guess which half I love my car? :D

9. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

10. Substeroo

Oooh and it's RHD! Or are they all?

11. kickin_81

If I had that Skyline, I'll get a new girlfriend everyday! :D

12. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

phong, where do you get your funny stupid signature.

13. kickin_81

I was just surfing around looking for anything innocent, and I found it. I'm using/stole it from someone from the net. :D

14. juno

juno Guest

We have a couple od 350's on our lot. If it snows at all, and I mean a fourth of a inch, they have to be pushed around the lot.

I don't think you could match the Sti's performance and function to the 350.

15. Substeroo

16. Substeroo

17. yosmiley

Wow, the way that 4WD system work is awesome... ok, I'm gonna trade my car in now, NOT!... well, ya never know LOL.

The G35 can not be compare with the STi bar none. If you want to talk AWD train... that's a different story but when it comes to performance... it's not in the league of the STi.

18. Substeroo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The G35 can not be compare with the STi bar none. If you want to talk AWD train... that's a different story but when it comes to performance... it's not in the league of the STi.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nicely put.

;)

I do like the 0/100% option though.
    }:)

19. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

i say the sti becuz the tocoma x-runner out perform it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.