Stock STi vs. Modified WRX

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by wings_23, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

No one has mentioned this surprisingly yet. But the only reason I didn't get a STi, is because of insurance. It was going to be insane, which is funny as I have no tickets or accidents, o well.

2. PhilSine

PhilSine Well-Known Member

/raises hand

I mentioned insurance :biggrin:

So did one other on page one.

I assume you didn't read all 5 pages preceeding your desire to post. I didn't either so I probably made suggestions that others have as well.

I want my next car to be an STI...but need to consider insurance first. By the time I'm in a position to buy it, I'll be 35 and hopefully still without any tickets.

3. evilrex

evilrex New Member

nightracerwrx,
    Would a ticket from the Polezi or the flashcams even show up on your driving record/insurance when you PCS back to CONUS?

4. zapman

zapman Well-Known Member

my insurance went up $100 a year from my wrx to my sti... and i was 23 at teh time.

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I would take readymixx's wRsexx over an STi anyday!:yumyum:

6. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

How bout this, we can trade for a week. This week.

7. PhilSine

PhilSine Well-Known Member

Are you talking Hawaii/Alaska or from other countries?

As far as what shows up on your license it would depend on what states talk to eachother via computer.

When I moved to WI from ME in 1999, I had 5 tickets spread out over 2 states (MA and ME) and not one of them showed up on my driving or insurance record when they happened or when I got a new DL here. For me, it could have been that my license was expired when I got each ticket and was a CT license. Since I was stationed out of my home state, I wasn't required to renew my license until I spent more than 30 days back in CT, or 30 days after ending my enlistment in a new state.

Clearly, at the time, MA and ME did not talk to WI and I got away with it. Its been 8 years since I've had a ticket now and I plan on keeping it that way.

Got an insurance quote for an '06 STi...

Monthly would increase by $76 for full coverage for me. That would be worth it imo. $912 a year is a pretty low price for fun.

8. tangledupinblu

Haha...good one. I'm thinking I'd be down to trade right after you see Clark.;)

FYI...even not in running order, I'd take the readywRxx over t3h STizzle!

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

yeah, it is surprisingly enjoyable to sit in even though it doesn't turn on or even have the electronics hooked up.

10. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

Wow that is really weird that you ask that. When I posted my last comment I had never had a ticket. As of like 2 days ago I got a ticket into my orderly room. Apparently they put up a hidden flash camera somewhere and gave me my first ticket ever!! I was going 57 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

Which is uber dumb because 50 km/h is 31.07mph. 57 km/h is 35.42mph. So I got a ticket for 4mph over. O well.

O and to answer your question I guess I will find out, I hope not.

11. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

well put.... why eat little fish when a WHALE will do....:cool:

(by WHALE I mean... looks fantastic when it surfaces, but other than that it is never seen and isnt that exciting)

12. redheat86

redheat86 Well-Known Member

This is very typical in Europe if you didnt already know and you can even expect tickets for 2+km/h over in France

13. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Look at my situation. I pay $378 a year for insurance on my '93 Legacy L *cough cough*. Once I get my wastegate and FPR in, an STi still using a VF39 doesn't stand a chance.

14. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

lol, I guess you haven't driven much in italy. Zero speed limit enforcement in 99% of the country.

France is really lax too, just because you can get a minor ticket in paris doesn't mean that the rest of teh country is the same. I bought my first subaru because of a rally ride I had on public roads in a vauxhall in rural france as a kid. In that region (limousin) people had little regard for speed limits.

My dad did gethit recently with a speed cam going through the mont blanc tunnel,and you get the ticket on teh italy side when you come out. I told him cogratulations, you're the first person in italy to get a speeding ticket.

15. tangledupinblu

How could it not be!? \/\/\/\/.....:eek3: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

16. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Haha! Yes, this is 100% true. Speeds vary on the freeway from 70-130 mph regularly. Along with motorbikes riding and passing regularly in the middle of lanes, and roads half as wide as ours, it's quite a driving experience! :)

PS: Readymix wowza.

17. evilrex

evilrex New Member

Was it the camera set up on the A6 east of Ramstein (on the way to K-Town)? That one has been there for years. Rumor has it that you can use hairspray (Aquanet?) on the license plate to make it nice and shiny as to wash out when flashed. Just a rumor...

18. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

That was on Mythbusters a week or so back.. It doesn't work... nor does going 160MPH or using those fancy plate covers.

19. TSTRBOY2004

just told my wife I am willing to sell my car to get an STi swapped early model impreza... ha ha

20. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

and she said?

21. TSTRBOY2004

that there was no way I would... read other thread I just started... ha ha it may be a serious option... although I love my car so it may never happen.... would have to be a good deal for me...

22. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

Nah, I was told about that one the first day I got here. It was a temp one they set up on B-40

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.