Subaru Added Security Experience

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by slacker, Jun 4, 2016.

1. slacker

slacker Well-Known Member

Hello!

Looking into extending the warranty of my Subaru. Wanted to get input on who has experience on repairs with extended coverage. Did you have Classic or Gold? Thanks!

Mark

2. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Old thread, but I have the same question. Got a letter from SoA about the Added Security Experience offer of $750 for pushing my bumper-to-bumper warranty to 60k miles. Main reason I’m considering this is due to my throw out bearing making some noise. I know there is a TSB about the bearing and about using an upgraded bearing in the event of a replacement. I’m currently at 35k and had already taken the car to the dealer and talked to them about it. Problem is, the bearing doesn’t always make noise and I can’t ever seem to get the noise reproduced for the service techs.

The letter didn’t explicitly detail what, if any changes to coverage are present under this extended plan. It made it sound like the coverage was the same, just extended. That being the case, then I would imagine the bearing would be covered. If anyone here has experience with this plan, I’d love to hear your opinions of it.

Thanks.