Summary of My weekend at DCTC

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

After making some requests with other clubs, and having been denied due to lack of SCCA licenses, my plans to some how becoming a driving instructor have been realized this weekend. It’s now official I can now participate in the Advance Instructors training at BIR with Ross Bentley as the Celebrity trainer. I cannot tell you guys how excited I am about this opportunity and how much of an impact this will have on my driving. Ever since I started reading these books (Speed Secrets, Inner Speed Secrets and Speed Secrets II) after received them as a Christmas gift I was very intrigued and inspired to improve my driving technique’s even more than before.

Because no one from the Northstartbmw club knew me when I applied for the Advance Instructor’s Training, it was agreed this weekend was to be used as the deciding factor. So on Saturday I decided to bring out the Snow tires to warm up my driving senses. I met a lot of wonderful people at the events, the staff was very helpful and courteous with any questions the students had. The students even got to ride in the President girl friends brand new RED M3 with sticky tires, along with other awesome BMW cars, including the Z4 Roadster, it made me feel like I was in one of those short films in BMWFILMS.

The highlight of my weekend was when I found out that I was paired up with a friend I use to Autocross with. He is by far in my opinion one of the best and fastest drivers I know. It was the clubs decision to pair us up since we both drive an AWD vehicle, but at the time they did not know we knew each other. Sunday morning I was greeted by my friend who had been looking for me all morning. Later in the day he showed me just how incredible a stock 2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII RS really is. Corning was phenomenally done at speeds maximizing every inch of traction possible from the AWD ACD system. I walked away with whole new respect for this car, I can only imagine how much more insane this car would be if additional modifications were added.

The staff is by far the friendliest and most approachable, I felt welcomed and at ease and they were interested in me having a great time. I have been to a few different places and this is by far the best place I have spend my money. I highly encourage everyone to participate, especially those who were not able to register in on the Advance Car Control Training on Sunday to register now for the next event in July 31. I plan on registering again. This season maybe your opportunity to do a double special, first being that this maybe the last time you will get to run BIR and second Ross Bentley will be there the whole weekend of May 13-15 instructing.

At the end of the day on Sunday I gave the President a ride and his feedback was he was very impressed with how I was able to utilize the AWD system in areas on the track where most cars would not be able to get on the gas and that my transitions were very smooth. So I asked him if I will be seeing him on May 13, and he stated “Absolutely!”

I am looking forward to the Advance Instructors Training and I am also always looking forward to helping other fellow drivers like myself, but this time I will be officially a Driving Instructor. The club is still looking for some additional instructors with AWD experience so if you think you have these qualifications and worthy instructing qualities, if interested in volunteering you should drop them a line.

Supa C

http://northstarbmw.org/index.aspx

2. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

good up

3. Musashi

4. hercules

hercules New Member

nice!:D

5. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

That's just awesome Chong! Now you can ride in my passenger seat and give me some tips. I hope to make it out to the future events!

6. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Congrats Chong. Now lets go for a drive.

7. Washburn

Washburn Guest

Quick question...how come no one has helmets on? You guys must have some awesome insurance!

8. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Chong! But I will still beat you the next time we go at it. ;)

9. Musashi

Thanks everyone, I look forward to help each and everyone in anyway I possible can. ;)

Oh yeah, Kedrik was able to catch a Toughe ride before they told use he couldn't. LOL :D

10. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Congrats, Chong! But I will still beat you the next time we go at it. ;)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mr. Fong I have heard that song, I dare you to come and prove me wrong! ;) LOL All you gotta do is show up, not as a pillon staff but a Initial D Driver! }:):p

11. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Washburn

Quick question...how come no one has helmets on? You guys must have some awesome insurance!

Driving School speed limit is 55mph!

12. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

That's just awesome Chong! Now you can ride in my passenger seat and give me some tips. I hope to make it out to the future events!

Let do it! :cool:

13. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Is that Hank who drive the tein STI? Chong man you look good on steelies!!!!

14. Musashi

Thats right Hank Hill w/his STI! :D

15. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

hey C, congrats on your success last weekend! I look forward to learning some AWD skills from you at future events... I need to get turn 1 down, the instructor with the Porsche showed me the same thing - no brakes, just using the tires to slow down. i have a long way to go if i'm going to keep up with any of those guys, yourself included. it'll be fun though. See you at other events!

16. Musashi

K,

Your doing just fine, take your time, learn from others, the important thing is your doing something about it.

C