T-leg Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by piddster, Dec 13, 2008.

1. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

looking good man, let me know if you want help with ****

2. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Something like that. Just need to make a bracket and weld it tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. curly2k3

isn't that an adorable little intake

4. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Lol, its only 3" piping. It's gonna be tricky stuffing 4" piping that way when I get the turbo I want.

5. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Awesome progress! I am excited to see the finished product.

6. curly2k3

why, how much lag are you looking to get? haha

7. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Less than I have with this turbo. :rockwoot:

8. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I went to Nathan's tonight to polish up the aluminum stuff. I welded the intake piping, sealed up the 5 holes that were in it since it started as a 3" N/A intake. I also added a spot to drill and tap for the BCS, a spot for PCV plumbing, and a spot for the IAC valve using the factory Legacy SS hose. I tried to clean up a couple welds from the monday night with mixed results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Dan is the masking tape for real the only thing holding the foam on the bumper? LOL

Love the work and time you put into your cars!!!

10. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

The masking tape is what holds the foam to the bumper beam at the moment since I kept running into the beam. I also don't want to scratch it since it is painted and sealed for final install. All the tape on that side is because I use the beam as a step when getting in and out of the engine bay when the motor wasn't there.

Normally, the bumper cover holds the foam in there.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Word just wondering, again SICK work!

12. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Thanks.

I was just sick of smacking my legs on that goofy bumper beam that I spent way to much time on, lol.

13. T-REX5000

T-REX5000 Well-Known Member

where is the MAF going to be? post turbo/BOV I assume? I think I see it post bov

14. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I run speed density, so no MAF sensor on this car. You can see my air temp sensor near the throttle body.

15. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Anyone who's bored could come have some beers and help me get this tranny out. I hate doing it alone. The oil pan can only take so much.

16. curly2k3

few minutes to do the removal and hours of BSing, good times, good times.

17. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Cleaning 240k worth of Kansas dirt...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Warthog

Warthog Member

Wow, looking good! When do you plan on painting?

19. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

Lookin good!!! Has come a long ways!

20. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I hope to spray the engine bay, and possibly some jams this upcoming weekend.

21. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Holy ****balls that cleaned up quite well. Can't wait for that ugly brown paint to be covered up.

22. greg donovan

greg donovan Well-Known Member

you are an inspiration. i cant wait till i have some extra cash and can tear into my T-Leg and "new" impreza.

23. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Thanks Greg. Keep in mind that I've been working on "this" car and collecting parts for over 8 years. And I've had over two years to think about how I'd do it differently.

I also do have a tranny payment, lol. I figured that was better off than munching 5 speeds over and over. So I'm not 100% out of the woods on this thing. I could be if I did a direct swap and left it as is, brown and all.

When you want to do some things to the leggy let me know. I've been biting my tongue on the BBS for quite some time. Namely, the Maf T Pro. Much better than the PP6 and Revtronix. Derek ran his 30R with it no prob.

24. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

LOL, it looks worse in person, trust me.

I'm surprised nobody commented on the '95 Legacy in matching color right next to it. Subaru's color book has always been quite limited.

25. greg donovan

i am torn on the legacy. right now it is sitting in my garage with the front of the engine off because i lost an idler pulley and the t-belt 3 weeks ago. that is why i bought the impreza. got it for cheap from a friend. i really like the legacy and i want to fix it. but driving the little impreza around is so much fun and i can tell that with a few tweaks it will be a much more fun car to drive than the SS. plus the legacy is pretty rusty.

eventually i will have to make a decision. drive one and totally strip and restore/refresh the other one. sadly i cant choose between the two. it doesnt help that everything is so interchangeable between the two. it also doesnt help that there in a 92 FWD automatic sedan that is the same color as my SS sitting at a used beater lot with hardly any rust on it. i havent called to see how much it is since it might be cheap and there is no way my wife is letting a 4th POS into our garage.:laugh:

sorry to hijack there a bit. been following this project for a while and i will more than likely be on the same timeframe as you.

26. greg donovan

i have a 95 wagon in the same color but with a lot more rust.

27. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

i actually kind of like the brown

28. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Blasphemy!!!! You bite your tongue young grasshoppa! This can of whoopass sittin here looks really tempting :laugh:

I can definitely understand the crossroads you are at. I thought about a few different possibilities after I got T-boned. I thought about a newer Legacy, but it didn't suit me well, and a few things about htem bugged me. I thought really hard about an Impreza, and the 400 lbs I'd save. I the end, it came down to $$, and this shell just popped up at the right time for the right price.

I also do enjoy the subtlety of the first gen Legacy. To the average shmoe, it looks like an early 90's Honda. I've even gotten parking tickets that said "Honda Legacy."

29. greg donovan

that seems to always be an important factor. same reason i am driving the impreza now.

30. brianwi11iams

brianwi11iams New Member

Very cool watching your progress. I also have a Legacy that's the same weird brownish/purplish color...

31. jdm4you

jdm4you New Member

We should trade cars once your done putting her back together! lol!!! Looking very good sir! I would love to have this thing! Sleeper from hell!

32. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

I'm not going to lie, I like the brown too.

33. greg donovan

that color says this to police oficers:

"who is speeding? is certainly wasnt the little brown car officer."

34. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

You guys crack me up. I'm already past the point of no return. I have all of this base, clear, primer, reducer, wax & grease remover, and abrasives ready to go.

You're not going to change my mind. :slayer:

35. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

what color are you painting it? i must have missed the probably huge announcement.

36. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Yup. :laugh:

37. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

It will be Forest Pearl Metallic, like the last car. The engine bay will be Chrysler PXR, a high metallic black with a dash of blue, red, and pearl.

I don't think any announcement I could possibly make would be huge, lol.

38. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Well, I won't be spraying for a could weeks. My friend, who is a painter, will be out of town for a week and a half. I could do it with decent results, but I would rather he did it since he does it for a living.

There is plenty to do though. I need to get the windshield out, freshen up the filter/dryer we got, clean more, more motor stuff, yadda yadda.

I guess I was getting a little ahead of myself. :(

39. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

All I can say is.........it hurts. :unamused: I could have had a new 35R instead.

*Three more quarts of base and a quart of activator, and a gallon of wax & grease are not shown. Neither are abrasives, paper, tape, sand, poly, compound, pads,.............

I'll start priming after a little blasting this weekend.

[​IMG]

40. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

wow...scary.

outcome should be t3h hotn3ss though.

41. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Sanded the hood down to bare metal and hit it with three heavy coats of polyester primer/surfacer. It will get sanded down a ton, namley to take care of the light hail and outies the hood has. That material is essentially a sprayable body filler, which is really nice for light dings.

[​IMG]

I have about 8 hours into sanding the Rustoleum off of this bumper cover. I'm really regretting spraying it with that crap last summer. I'll never use it again.

[​IMG]

The filter/dryer setup I'm borrowing. I had to put new desiccant in it, but thank goodness the two filter elements were in good shape. When I asked the guys at Northern Tool if they had any silica gel desiccant, they looked at me like a pig staring at a wristwatch. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Lastly, I wrapped my uppipe, mostly to keep my power steering lines from melting. I'd rather do some Jet Hot, but the PPG man has got me down these days. I might end up cutting it apart this winter anyways...

[​IMG]

42. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

:eek4::eek4::eek4: this statement concerns me.... :eek3::biggrin:

43. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I've had a busy weekend, and a lot of work leading up to this point. Most of it wasn't picture worthy.

We sprayed the bottom of the hood and the engine bay. They turned out pretty decent. Dirt is a constant battle when you can't clean every nook and cranny of the frame rails and what not.

Anyways, the Chrysler PXR looks sharp and I wish this camera would do it justice.

Huge thanks to Marc Tuttle for taking a day off of work to come and spray. This wouldn't turn out nearly as nice without him.

I kind of paintbooth-etized the garage. Two 20" box fans in one window with over-spray arrestor media over them. The main door got covered with poly, and I used two furnace filters for the incoming air. Bugs are really annoying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All bare metal was hit with a catalyzed acid primer, then sealed, and finally base and clear. Also, 3M urethane seam sealer was used in key areas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

44. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

Picture of turbo! Please....... Paints boring me

45. Grayguy

Grayguy Well-Known Member

Wow. I can only imagine how awesome that paint looks in person!