TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by skubi1, May 1, 2019.

1. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

2. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I'll take your money. Not too interested in the car though.

pillboy and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  3. SaggyWagon

SaggyWagon Well-Known Member

155/187 with Brembos? Lol I'm confused, these are Prius numbers on a mid-sized SUV! And the lines on this STI wagon doesn't look as nice as the current Impreza wagons, I'm also assuming the WRX/STI models are going back to being called Imprezas too? So many questions!!!

4. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Haha, I guess I didn't read the power output on that.
    I'll keep my SH XT and sloooowly STi-ize it. Possibly upgrade to a newer XT in the future.

5. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Those are weak numbers for an "STi" model. The single exhaust looks kinda dumb. At least give it dual single pipes to keep it symmetric. I assumed they would bring "STi" models to all of the line, but wasn't there a huge separation of the Impreza and WRX / STi? Kinda confused on what they are trying to achieve with it.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Fwiw, i am not sure that power really has “everything” to do with an STi model. My BRZ for instance is a Series Blue model and has STi badging all over it. STi developed aspects of it and gave it aero and paneled the bottom of the car reducing its drag. Minimally i might add. But what “justifies” a model being an STi? If STi developed it and it has been branded as so, is it not an STi?

To be or not to be...that is the question? Lol

JaloP likes this.
  7. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

You would think being an STi model would give it more power, but you do have a valid point. STi models have always focused on handling more than power upgrades. (In some cases)

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I think of STi as a performance division that works with Subaru. To me, performance comes in alot of variants.

Brakes and tires come to mind. Suspension and aero. Also...Powah powah POWAH! But not limited to any one thing.