The Damage Done...

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by EggRoll, Oct 14, 2007.

1. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

Well, Bee... You know where to come get parts if you decide to fix 'er up! Hopefully your oil filter just got wrecked and not the actual block. Suspension can be had for pretty cheap, and that leaves time for an upgrade!

At least you and Matt were okay.

2. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

Dont forget about Kelly

3. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

yes yes, I'm just waiting on the insurance and what they say..

4. wagonL

wagonL Well-Known Member

well..glad that you all were safe...as for the car...you can always fix it. even if it have different color door...you'll be ok! example look at LVT! he had purple doors on his RS for awhile! but no worries...its fixable...but glad you all are safe!

5. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Kelly is fine. He was riding with me in front of Bee. He called her going off the road right before she did!

6. EggRoll

I wouldn't mind driving around with body damage..it's just what's under the hood that will determine whats to come.

7. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

if you need a new block, let me know. i would be willing to part out mine and just sell the heads and **** elsewhere if need be.

8. Jackstand

i know of another 2.0

9. EggRoll

you guys make me anxious. =/ I'm hopeful one minute, and then I realize it's proabably not gonna happen, then I get hopeful, back and forth.. I just really don't know. I wanna fix it so bad but I don't want problems to come up, and I think that is what will happen if I do fix it..

10. wagonL

wagonL Well-Known Member

fuji has another ej20 block laying around... or if not then take a ej22e with ej22t pistons and put that with the wrx heads...shouldn't be much at all! i think i have one in my garage.....

11. Jackstand

but its a white bug eye wagon comon thats sooo hot

12. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

or i would sell my block and brand new headgaskets to her for what i paid? lol

13. EggRoll

Well you guys can have fun planning the things to do to the precious and I'll get back to you all as soon as I get the news. Oh, and I don't need it to go fast, I need it to run, but I do think 2.5 would be nice.=P

14. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

^i think you can see we are all pretty pumped to get you back on the road. if you do the EJ22E thing let me know. I got a EJ22E from 95lwrx, you could have. needs alittle TLC, but still.

15. EggRoll

Man, I love you guys! I want to be able to be responsible and fix it so bad but it won't be the end of my life if I don't get it back, I pretty much learned and enormous lesson. I got behind the wheel for the first time today after the accident and I haven't gone over 60 and more than 75% of the time I'm going 50. Not because I'm traumatized but I'm currently driving around a dinky little Miata. The thing is scary to drive especially in this weather. Either way, I'm permanently taking a lot more caution in what ever I drive.

Thank you for all the PMs and offers of help I've been getting. When I started in the forum I wanted to learn more about my car, and if I get it back then it will be my chance to do just that. I wasn't planning on going about learning more about my car this way but I'm trying to look on the bright side. Even if it takes me a hell of a long time, I am willing and dedicated to try and fix the mess I made. With help from you guys of course, I can't wait to tell you guys the news once I get it!

16. Dynapar

sometimes MNSubaru is more of a family than a forum, this may just be an example of that.

17. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Yeah, family until you buy a Mazda!!!:laugh:;)

18. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Can you blame any family for disowning you by this point? I fear that you're making some poor decisions; what do you want to do with your life?

19. Dynapar

did you notice. "MNSubaru" lol just messing with ya. we all know you will get another suby eventually.

20. EggRoll

Lol aww... Just get your motor mount fix and I won't disown you so much, just need to know you are safe man, we're in the same boat kinda since I'm drivin a Miata. lol But I prefer not to so hopefully I'll be able to abandon ship soon.

21. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Oh come on!! I have my new stiffer motor mount! I just need to have it installed! Plus, the 08's don't have that problem, only the 07s. As far as Mazda Speed3s are concerned anyway!! But the OEM is really soft and can use the upgrade.

22. EggRoll

haha alright, I guess, I'll let it go since to me they look better than the 08 WRXs..It's just sad..

23. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

What's wrong with a Miata? They are one of the funnest cars out there. Light weight and a major fun factors on the twisties.

24. EggRoll

lol, I agree, but only in the summer, they are speedy little things. I thought it was funny that the RPMs just pounce up there like I'm beating on it when I'm only going 50. But it's an old one with lots of hail damage so what sucks is...driving it in the rain, trying to find traction, water leaking through to ghetto convertible top getting my ass all wet with the foggy plastic for a back window, and knowing I can't keep anything of value in it. But it's a car and I'm grateful I get to drive it so that I can get to work to get the monies that will hopefully bring my baby home to fix. I just know that if I roll the Miata I'll most likely die, and during the accident with my precious I felt safe, still worried for my passenger, but not as scared as I would be in any other car. I even had time to actually think to myself about how that sucked that the sign just bounced off the windshield and it's pretty gay we are tipping now.. Anyway, I guess that's why I'm all for Subarus, they make me feel safer than I would in any other car. No twisties for me.

25. EggRoll

Alright, well I was talking to the rents and they said they wouldn't mind me buying it back to fix if the cost was reasonable, BUT they believe that if the insurance totals it then it's unfixable, I told them that I already have plans to get a motor, door, and windshield. My parents are the type of people who think once something is broken it's unfixable, and you gotta buy a new one. I told them about my plans to get a motor, door, and wind shield. I can survive driving around with the bumper and dent in the hood. Still, it all depends on what needs to be fixed and I won't know how to tell, without knowing too much about what other damage there could possibly be. I'm worried about the frame and suspension too. I told them I think the frame is okay since it tipped over slowly from being at a slant, and didn't actually roll, but I don't really know for sure... So when I go look at it, I won't really know how to tell what is needed to be fixed.. They kinda scared me to not want to fix it now.. I want to really bad, but I dunno if it's worth it I guess.

26. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I wish you the best of luck with the whole situation and I hope to see the lil white wagon at Firestone sooner than later.

27. driftin240

I don't think you have any frame damage. Maybe a right front control arm, but not the frame.

The right front strut could be found very easily, as could one or both bumper covers. A hood should be easy to find, as should the door and RR window glass. The biggest worry would be the engine, and to find out if something broke off or not. The trans can be flushed out easily enough.

The only other worry then is the windshield, and the framing around it. If your roof panel is damaged, it needs to get straightened before the windshield can be replaced properly.

It should be easily fixable though, and I would be surprised if it gets totaled.

28. EggRoll

That is kind of relieving but I guess I won't know till I get the call. Does the control arm cost a lot? Hopefully they won't want too much if I buy it back. I'll keep things updated as much as I can.

29. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Now buy mine! :biggrin:

30. driftin240

We'll get ya a deal on a new one, or i'm sure someone has a used one around at a junk yard or something.

31. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

so eggroll.. wouldnt subiroll be more appropriate ;)

why the name change??

32. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Ha, I just noticed she's eggroll now too. haha

33. EggRoll

I dunno, the other irritated me after the accident? =/ hmm subiroll is nice, so is sushiroll, but I guess I like Eggroll since I'm Viet.

34. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

what about FRUMroll... ha ha a

35. EggRoll

lol nooo

36. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

lmao!

37. Dynapar

EggRoll. nice.

Any clue when you will find out about the car?

38. EggRoll

Nope still waiting and anticipating, I'm not too upset anymore..Fobia helped me pretty much realize that if they decided that it's totaled, then obliviously there is something major wrong and it's going to be very costly and a pain in the ass to actually try and fix otherwise they'd fix it. So I'm not gonna think about it too much anymore till they actually get back to me. So maybe I'll cross my fingers and hope it's not totaled now. ahhh too much... I needs me a white sti but I still rather have my wagon...=/

39. Dynapar

ahhh. I talked with a friend today (fishbiker15) and he said that the quote the insurance company gives you will be for a mid -> high priced shop. so if their number is super high it not hurt to have a 3rd party opinion.

40. EggRoll

Yeah, we'll see it's just gonna be awhile, sometime this week hopefully...

41. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Wow Bee, sorry to hear about your ride. I'm glad you are both ok!

42. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

WeRollExtreme? lol

I hope it's not totalled Bee. I think it was probably the sexiest bugeye wagon ever. All it was in need of was a drop from an upgraded suspension.:yumyum:

Why couldn't it have been a WRB sedan? I for one, will miss the white wagon.:emo:

43. EggRoll

Thanks, hopefully it's not, because I'm going to miss it a lot too. >_< I just got her March 20th of 06, so ideas and plans were everywhere for it... Sexy she was, and that was my first intentions for her since I didn't know too much about the technical things nor did I have much money to put into that kinda stuff... She may not look that bad, which gets my hopes high, but who really knows. Just gotta wait...

44. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

2.5 engine swap if the motor is garbage?:biggrin:

45. EggRoll

=] I wish, I dunno if it's worth fixing if it's totaled..